Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So my PC was randomly freezing a while back. We discovered it was due to overheating, as a result they had to replace my badly damaged GTX 260 with an AMD Radeon HD 6770.

Before that, it was fine. Aside from the frezing that is.

Now it's all...

299152_10150276440440897_599485896_7557947_5343273_n.jpg

...Squished up and centered. I've tried everything. On my GTX all I had to do was use the control panel for it but for whatever reason this card doesn't have one!

I've updated the drivers by the way. Nothing.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks to me like overscans is still set to 15% in Catalyst Control Centre, open up Catalyst and click "My Digital Flat-Panels, Scaling options and set overscan to 0%

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
RandomOddness said:
Looks to me like overscans is still set to 15% in Catalyst Control Centre, open up Catalyst and click "My Digital Flat-Panels, Scaling options and set overscan to 0%
I'm gonna sound really noob right now, but I guess I am a noob...

Where would I find that? Doing the Windows Start Menu search came up nothing.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Should be in the bottom right corner of your screen, when you installed the latest drivers it would have installed catalyst and should show in the notification area, should be a small red ball with little silvery bits attatched, very technical I know but I just woke up and explinations just aren't working sorry.
smile.gif
Or just search CCC.exe in start either way will work.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nothing. It quite literally is just not showing up. :/

Not even CCC.exe worked. I google'd it and downloaded an installer. That did nothing.

In my bottom right corner menu though, my NVIDIA program is still there. It just doesn't work though. Could it maybe be clashing? :/

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Catalyst had an update released yesterday to 11.8 so you should be looking for it on AMD's site under drivers, Desktop Graphics, Radeon HD, Radeon HD 6xxx Series, and get the Catalyst Software Suite. It could be clashing but shouldn't pose and real problems, it's always advised to remove old drivers when installing a new graphics card but you can uninstall nvidia control panel without any problems.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
RandomOddness said:
Catalyst had an update released yesterday to 11.8 so you should be looking for it on AMD's site under drivers, Desktop Graphics, Radeon HD, Radeon HD 6xxx Series, and get the Catalyst Software Suite. It could be clashing but shouldn't pose and real problems, it's always advised to remove old drivers when installing a new graphics card but you can uninstall nvidia control panel without any problems.
Alright...

Is this the page?
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

That's where I downloaded it from. I just downloaded the 'All Operating Systems' thing. Should I grab anything else? :/

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Before installing new graphics drivers, you should try to completely uninstall the graphics drivers you already have (both nVidia and AMD) then reset the comp. Once it's rebooted, then install the new drivers. This is indeed to prevent driver clashes and sometimes random error messages from popping up.

Note that I said "should". Whether you do this is really up to you.

Edit: forgot to ask, what type of connection are you using to the monitor? Also, have you tried looking in the monitor options to see about resizing the display (on my monitors, I would use autofit)?

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you doing an express install of the 62.1mb file? If you are and it's not working make sure all drivers are uninstalled run ccleaner then try to reinstall with express settings, it should install catalyst without any problems.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
...if technicians did the swap, I'm surprised they left the old graphics drivers/software there. That's just lazy and bad practice for professionals.

RandomOddness said:
When the swap was done they should have installed it all for you software included, so yes you could take it back and ask them to sort out the drivers.
+1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-