Hardware gt 1030 choppy image

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, hear me out. It's not low fps that's the problem; the fps counter shows 60fps just fine.
The entire screen gets choppy and LOOKS like it's in 30fps but in reality, it's 60fps. And it's been happening since day 1.

Yes, gt 1030 sucks ass but I never heard anybody have this very specific problem. Everyone's probelm with their gt 1030 is that they can't run their AAA game on the fps they desire; that's not my problem here.

I've tried every single nvidia panel setting combination
I've tried DDU to reinstall the drivers nice and clean
I reseated the gpu itself 3 times already

Literally nothing works. Then I did a little experiment. I had my intel hd graphics as display gpu and gt 1030 as the... well, the gpu that does the heavy-lifting in games.
Anddd YEP it stopped the choppy image! Hooray, right?
Nope. While that setup works, it's far from ideal. Like, every time I go to fullscreen and change the volume the whole screen just goes black, some emulators like mgba struggle to comprehend what's even going on and have terrible performance, heck, some games straight up refuse to boot if I do it this way.

Sooo, yep. If all of this is normal and other people have this issue, or if there's a solution i don't even know of, PLEASE let me know. I'm tired of wasting my time all day tweaking the nvidia panel settings.

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
OK, hear me out. It's not low fps that's the problem; the fps counter shows 60fps just fine.
The entire screen gets choppy and LOOKS like it's in 30fps but in reality, it's 60fps. And it's been happening since day 1.

Yes, gt 1030 sucks ass but I never heard anybody have this very specific problem. Everyone's probelm with their gt 1030 is that they can't run their AAA game on the fps they desire; that's not my problem here.

I've tried every single nvidia panel setting combination
I've tried DDU to reinstall the drivers nice and clean
I reseated the gpu itself 3 times already

Literally nothing works. Then I did a little experiment. I had my intel hd graphics as display gpu and gt 1030 as the... well, the gpu that does the heavy-lifting in games.
Anddd YEP it stopped the choppy image! Hooray, right?
Nope. While that setup works, it's far from ideal. Like, every time I go to fullscreen and change the volume the whole screen just goes black, some emulators like mgba struggle to comprehend what's even going on and have terrible performance, heck, some games straight up refuse to boot if I do it this way.

Sooo, yep. If all of this is normal and other people have this issue, or if there's a solution i don't even know of, PLEASE let me know. I'm tired of wasting my time all day tweaking the nvidia panel settings.
Do your monitor runs at non power of 60 Hz? It can make it look that bad if you lock FPS to 60 with VSync enabled. Try to force disable VSync in nVidia control panel (or better do it in nVidia Inspector).

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yep, I tried literally every nvcp setting combination known to man.

Screw the gt 1030 being the primary display. I reverted back to that other idea where I could have intel hd graphics as display and gt 1030 for gaming.

I need to find out how I can iron these specific problems out like, some games like sonic generations are piss old and rely on one and ONLY one gpu. Like, I tried everything to trick generations into displaying the game from igpu and rendering it with gpu with windows, nvcp, the game's configuration tool but nope.

Also, yes I know there's a Direct11 mod that spruces up the game's performance by a LOT but for some god damn reason it doesn't work for me, and ONLY for me.
ALSO also, is there a program to disable the volume UI popping up in windows 11? Because i'm pretty positive THAT's what's causing the black screen flicker in fullscreen games...

(edit: off-topic but when I switched back to igpu and put the hdmi on the mobo, it didn't display, so I force shutdown the pc, then it displays normally, but then it throws me the automatic repair tool and you should've seen my priceless face then (thankfully i got it to work obviously like how else would i write all this))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...