Mods: Topic Organization

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the TC of the GBAtemp Writers' Guild, and I have a little conundrum. I can't keep up with the OP as much as I used to because I don't have internet at home. I wanted to designate one or two people to have charge of the guild when I can't be there, but I can't see how I can organize it. I know I can post a link in the OP to the Co-Leader posts, but I wanted to know if there could be another way. I thought I read a while back the the Mods can allow other people to edit the OP besides the TC, but I can't be sure I read that right.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the new update allows this, but in the old one you could transfer ownership of the thread. The problem with that is only one person would be allowed to edit it, so you'd basically be switiching the ability to update the OP.

EDIT: I asked the same thing before with the 3DS FAQ, and tjcool I believe told me it wasn't possible. So I just transfered ownership to SoulSnatcher.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can't assign editors to you topics I'm afraid. It's an idea we had a while back, but we never implemented anything like that.
And changing topic authors wasn't actually possible (and still isn't), although there is a trick we can use (merging the OP's post with one of the new author).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the blog has a feature where you can make a blog that has multiple editors, I'm not sure that everyone could edit everyone else's posts, but they could all post on the "Writer's Guild" blog.
@[member='Terminator02']
Thanks, that may work well too. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...