mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Next time just send a private message to the mods and ask why your post was moderated, if you make a valid point they might restore it.

Dont go making an entire thread about the matter, moaning like a kid, and calling all the staff ass holes. It will get you in peoples bad books, staff and members alike, over what is ultimately a small and trivial matter.

One of your posts that had nothing really to do with the game got removed, big deal.

Get over it!
yaypsp.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrchew said:
I want him to admit he was wrong and my post was on topic, and i will drop this
I can admit when I am wrong, just ask p1ngy.

1. There is no skull there at all, the face doesn't look like a skull, its in your mind.
2. The guns are clearly toy.
3. The reindeer isn't doing a nazi salute, he is pointing up.

The post came off as bullshit, now had you presented the picture at the time of posting then I would have not deleted the picture, so whatever sorry? Does that make you feel better? As I said we get a lot of bs posted and that post looked like yet another piece of bs.

Now apologise for calling me a asshole or i'll ban you
tongue.gif

Just kidding.

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Next time just send a private message to the mods and ask why your post was moderated, if you make a valid point they might restore it.

Dont go making an entire thread about the matter, moaning like a kid, and calling all the staff ass holes. It will get you in peoples bad books, staff and members alike, over what is ultimately a small and trivial matter.

One of your posts that had nothing really to do with the game got removed, big deal.

Get over it!
yaypsp.gif
it had everything to do with game.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah seriously, its just one post, no big deal! Some(or even most x_x) of my posts in the release threads get removed too, but we just move on!
smileipb2.png

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I-Robot said:
To be honest and just for my two cents. This is what puts me off completely everytime I see it happen. What I am saying is that if a mod made a mistake with the decision, let him aplogise to the guy who is feeling offended by the trashed post. What is this ego all about? Nowhere in this thread, the mods are taking a completely against view with the OP of the thread. Instead, they are just trying to play this issue down with their illogical reasonings and diplomatic strategies. At one side you guys are so proud that you are not letting this site turn out into GameFaqs and on the other hand you make wrong decisions. I clearly don't see it anywhere that the OP's post was against the rule nor I see any intended attempt to racial or religious discrimination. How many reports did you guys get for the post he made? Atleast one? Nope? If you still insist upon what he posted, really had to be removed you only contradict your own rules; You always brag about free speech at this forum. I mean come on guys, you clearly made a mistake here. Just apologise,closedown the thread and finish. How difficult is that?

Since when does calling someone an asshole make his points valid?

They were removing trash from a topic that usually gets trash posts. Who would think that a deer making a Nazi salute would be good info for a game? How about comments about the actual gameplay, etc.

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
mrchew said:
I want him to admit he was wrong and my post was on topic, and i will drop this
I can admit when I am wrong, just ask p1ngy.

1. There is no skull there at all, the face doesn't look like a skull, its in your mind.
2. The guns are clearly toy.
3. The reindeer isn't doing a nazi salute, he is pointing up.

The post came off as bullshit, now had you presented the picture at the time of posting then I would have not deleted the picture, so whatever sorry?
if thats how you see then you should have quoted my post in the topic instead of calling it crap and deleting it. That would have been the right thing to do.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JKR Firefox said:
Not very long ago (maybe a half hour ago), I was moderated by Toni. Yet, here I am. Did I deserve to be moderated? Yes. Toni recognized that and removed my post before it could offend the person it was directed at. Was the comment warranted? Yes, but it's good we have mods here who care enough to remove posts that have a sole purpose of offending others.
Haha, I agree with you on that, but it's not right just posting it like that
wink.gif

I completely agree with the part I moderated, but don't worry, that guy will get his!
wink.gif

I-Robot said:
To be honest and just for my two cents. This is what puts me off completely everytime I see it happen. What I am saying is that if a mod made a mistake with the decision, let him aplogise to the guy who is feeling offended by the trashed post. What is this ego all about? Nowhere in this thread, the mods are taking a completely against view with the OP of the thread. Instead, they are just trying to play this issue down with their illogical reasonings and diplomatic strategies. At one side you guys are so proud that you are not letting this site turn out into GameFaqs and on the other hand you make wrong decisions. I clearly don't see it anywhere that the OP's post was against the rule nor I see any intended attempt to racial or religious discrimination. How many reports did you guys get for the post he made? Atleast one? Nope? If you still insist upon what he posted, really had to be removed you only contradict your own rules; You always brag about free speech at this forum. I mean come on guys, you clearly made a mistake here. Just apologise,closedown the thread and finish. How difficult is that?
Read CLEARLY NEXT TIME!!

OK EVERYBODY STOP, YOU SEE MY POST?!?!
QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Jan 25 2009, 04:38 PM)
And, if this is really the case mrchew, I'll apologize in the name of whole staff for removing your post, it really looked like you were joking with the game, especially with other posts that were similar to your (but were jokes)..
It's from previous page, I DID APOLOGIZE!!!!!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*head bangs wall and leaves thread because there are people in the world who just can't accept things even after getting an apology, fake as it was*

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian Uranium said:
*head bangs wall and leaves thread because there are people in the world who just can't accept things even after getting an apology, fake as it was*

In Russia, wall bangs you.

Why is this thread still open? I declare that if this thread is not soon closed I will convert this topic into an EoF type topic.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So next time, everybody think before posting and insulting! All mods here are fair people and will consider everything you want to talk and ask about!
No need for public insulting, and if you want to debate, at least read whole posts! I wrote that dozen posts ago, and nobody saw that I did make an apology!

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
you were wrong thats all next just make sure you do your job better ok. its not like the wall was off topic too I don't know why you had to headbut it.
yaypsp.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we all said what was to be said, its time to close the thread.

I hope you all had a good time, tune in next week when someone else has a problem they can't simply handle in a mature way.

Bye bye now!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just one more thing:

I really don't see any big conspiracy here, either with the game itself, or with this topic concerning the moderation of the comment. That being said...

Here's what I would "diplomatically" suggest:
mrchew.. create a topic in General Off-Topic Chat section of the site. Name it something like "Nazi & Violent Images in kids games", show the screenshots/box-art in questions and open it up to discussion. Then go back to the release thread and state that you have concerns about the game and put a link to the GO-TC topic. That way, if you really are concerned, you get a much broader array of discussion on the topic, your concerns are taken more seriously, and whoever might read the release thread will be able to more comfortably chime in with their opinions and questions without getting lost in fray of joke posts.

Hadry, sorry I'm reopening this for just a bit longer.. for I am mthrnite, etc.. etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: oh no