• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your reasoning? If you are EVER going to re-softmod it, it isn't recommended. But if you want to "revirginize" your wii to sell, etc... just google "revirginize wii" and it should be the first.

-Erik

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody ever get the message "Your Wii System Memory Is Full. Use the Data Management screen to manage your save data" after modding? If so how did you get rid of it? Just did a friends wii to 4.2u version of this mod and I am getting this message. I have tried to delete a few save data and no free blocks still. Any ideas?

Thanks,

iamwally

Update: I am a dope! I installed some wiiware games that took up all the blocks and once I moved them to the sd card all was well again.

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I downlaoded the cIOS.zip to update my Wii cIOS and I am going to update the regular cIOS files but there are all sort of undermined versions, how do I know which one to install?

I have like:
cIOS 24937,38,57,60 & 70
wacko.gif

How do I know which to install? Is there anywhere a guide for it?

BTW, am trying to play .wbfs files with a USB Loader, not WBFS formatted.

lecture.gif

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
MysticX said:
Well, I downlaoded the cIOS.zip to update my Wii cIOS and I am going to update the regular cIOS files but there are all sort of undermined versions, how do I know which one to install?

I have like:
cIOS 24937,38,57,60 & 70
wacko.gif

How do I know which to install? Is there anywhere a guide for it?

BTW, am trying to play .wbfs files with a USB Loader, not WBFS formatted.

lecture.gif

lol if you were to look under updates it would say what ios base 249 and 250 used lol

QUOTE*Changed IOS249 to use IOS38 as base IOS. [WAD installation support]
*Changed IOS250 to use IOS57 as base IOS.

leave hermes cios (202, 222, 223) as from what I have heard, 222 now chooses a certain ios by default which means some games wont work

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the guide to softmod my Wii (Thanks BTW!). Its an old Wii that was purchased around 2007-2008. I followed the guide using update.zip, everything went fine. Then I followed the guide using modify.zip, and again everything went fine, I even was able to use boot2. I then made my NAND backup. I then followed the guide for the trucha bug and priiloader. I followed the guide exactly. Then after that I put NeoGamma on my SD card and installed it so I could boot backup games from disc. But everytime I try to load a disc it gives me an error that says Disc Err(1208) Disc ID. It gives me the same error with every backup. Any idea what I did/am doing wrong and how I can fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 180466

Nugzy said:
I just followed the guide to softmod my Wii (Thanks BTW!). Its an old Wii that was purchased around 2007-2008. I followed the guide using update.zip, everything went fine. Then I followed the guide using modify.zip, and again everything went fine, I even was able to use boot2. I then made my NAND backup. I then followed the guide for the trucha bug and priiloader. I followed the guide exactly. Then after that I put NeoGamma on my SD card and installed it so I could boot backup games from disc. But everytime I try to load a disc it gives me an error that says Disc Err(1208) Disc ID. It gives me the same error with every backup. Any idea what I did/am doing wrong and how I can fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

cIOS WADs installed as well?

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GHBAimen said:
cIOS WADs installed as well?

Whats that? Is that the cios.zip I got from [email protected]? I wasnt sure what to do with it because it wasnt in the guide. How do I install the cIOS WADs?

OK, heres everything I did and where Im at now...

I followed the Update to 4.2 Guide using the update.zip files. Everything went smooth. I then erased them from my SD card and put on the modify.zip files.

I followed the Modify 4.2 part exactly. I ran bannerbomb, and installed the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii and IOS and boot2. Everything went smooth and exactly as in the video. I then made my NAND backup.

I then Ran MMM, and selected Install & Patch IOS36 and pressed A. I chose Express Mode and pressed A. IT installed. I returned to the main menu. I then went down and selected Remove Stubbed IOSs and pressed A. I pressed A to choose remove stub IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254 just as it said in the guide. I then went back to the main menu. I pressed right to go to the WAD Manager. I pressed 1 to select all the WADs and then pressed A to the install them, just as the guide said. I then went back to the WAD Manager. Everything went exactly as it did in the videos.

Then I pressed 2 to launch the APP launcher. I pressed A on Priiloader and pressed + to install Priiloader. I restarted my Wii while holding reset. I enabled the desired hacks the guide recommended. Again, everything went smoothly and exactly as it did in the video.

Then I downloaded NeoGamma and placed the NeoGamma folder with the boot.dol file inside of it into my apps folder on my SD card. I also placed a NeoGamma folder containing a bunch of .wdm files onto the root of my SD card like it said in the NeoGamma readme (It said it helped with compatibility). When I try to use NeoGamma to launch backups from disc, I always get Disc Err(1208) Disc ID.

Heres what the root of my SD card look like (The [F] means folder):

[F] apps
[F] bootmii
[F] NeoGamma
[F] private
[F] wad
boot.elf
hacks.ini
installer.log
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS15-64-v523.wad
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
mmmconfig.txt

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you did the mod correctly... Try the neogamma thread in the "backup loaders" section, you will find more "specialized" help in there regarding neogamma...

-Erik

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Sounds like you did the mod correctly... Try the neogamma thread in the "backup loaders" section, you will find more "specialized" help in there regarding neogamma...

-Erik

I just tried using SoftChip to boot the backup and it didnt work either. And it seems as if Ive done the mod right. I just noticed Im using DVD+R discs. Could that be it? Do backups have to be on DVD-R??

D

Deleted member 180466

Nugzy said:
burritoboy9984 said:

-Erik

I just tried using SoftChip to boot the backup and it didnt work either. And it seems as if Ive done the mod right. I just noticed Im using DVD+R discs. Could that be it? Do backups have to be on DVD-R??

You can not use DVD+R discs on Wii, only DVD-R discs. I know that you can use DVD+R discs using any method but can not remember what. Never used the DVD+R discs. xD

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GHBAimen said:
You can not use DVD+R discs on Wii, only DVD-R discs. I know that you can use DVD+R discs using any method but can not remember what. Never used the DVD+R discs. xD
You need to set the Book-Type to DVD-ROM, then you can use DVD+R discs.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use dvd+r period (not counting dvd+r DL for dual layer games). Problem solved
smile.gif

-Erik

Edit: Turns out you can, but dvd-r is recommended. So ignore my comment
smile.gif

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
You can't use dvd+r period (not counting dvd+r DL for dual layer games). Problem solved
smile.gif

-Erik

Wow that's really weird, I use the cheapest dvd+r's I can find, and have no idea how to set book-type in img-burn so I leave it as is, and they work everytime.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I guess I mis-spoke
smile.gif
Sorry for not keeping up to date with disc loading
smile.gif

-Erik

Edit: I seem to remember dvd+r makes the wii laser strain more or something too... Also chop, I believe when you burn an iso to dvd+r disc, imgburn and most other programs booktype the disc automatically.

SonicDaMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 2007/2008 Wii will not load original or backup games in the disc channel (Cannot read disc, check Wii manual...). Won't launch virtual console games either. Neogamma r9 loads them perfectly. I installed DarkCORP Full 1.1 on v4.2U. How do I fix this?

Zebulon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.petisca.com
XP
Country
United States
I love this mod and it truly is the easiest way.. But I recently modded a friend's Wii and it will not play Guitar Hero 5, only getting a black screen. Other guitar games work; Rock Band: Beatles, GH: Greatest Hits, etc. I'm using USB Loader GX. Any help would be appreciated.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Zebulon said:
I love this mod and it truly is the easiest way.. But I recently modded a friend's Wii and it will not play Guitar Hero 5, only getting a black screen. Other guitar games work; Rock Band: Beatles, GH: Greatest Hits, etc. I'm using USB Loader GX. Any help would be appreciated.

What cios do you use it will be under settings then game load, if its 249 then change it to 222 as that is more compatible with games

Also is the game on the same region as your wii, if not make sure you try forcing it to your wii region if that dont work then change it to system default

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zebulon said:

Sounds like a bad rip perhaps. You can try as said above. But if that doesn't work it is most likely a bad rip.

-Erik

costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I've done many mods and this is the best guide ever!!! I'm finally having a problem with a mod and need some help... I have a Wii at 3.4U that was previously modded,and I'm now trying to update. I'm running Update to 4.2 and all works great until I go to run "Yet another WAD Manager Mod". It always hangs on me. I've redone the banner bomb step several times, I've changed SD cards, but I'm still unable to get Yet another WAD Manager Mod to run. After I click Load, the screen stays black.... Any help appreciated!!!

Thanks!
me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online