Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
flaviox said:
At the end of the update section, you told us to update the HBC so it runs in the correct IOS. Which one is it? Mine runs w/ IOS61 v21.29.
Also i have a problem loading backup games using Neogamma R9 beta35, cIOS38rev 19 slot 249 when i try to load i get error 1028 disc ID.
Does it have anything to do with the DVD? I'm usin a Sony DVD-RW and burned at 1x.
Thanks
not all wii's can play backup discs

burning @ slow speeds does not make better rips, that is a myth, in fact it @ 1x speed i wouldn't be surprised if it failed

forthe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
rookrook said:
hi @forthe i modded a black wii with this guide .zero problems, mind you cannot load backups from discs with a black wii as the dvd drive doesnt read them ,you will need to invest in a usb hard drive for you backups ...hope this help ya

Thanks.
One more query, Which usbloader did u use & Is it possible to use USB pen drive (I have an 8gig) as i dont have many game backups to invest on a USB HDD.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forthe said:
rookrook said:
hi @forthe i modded a black wii with this guide .zero problems, mind you cannot load backups from discs with a black wii as the dvd drive doesnt read them ,you will need to invest in a usb hard drive for you backups ...hope this help ya

Thanks.
One more query, Which usbloader did u use & Is it possible to use USB pen drive (I have an 8gig) as i dont have many game backups to invest on a USB HDD.

i used cfg with a wd passport 500gb £50-65 on ebay will hold more than 200 games and i dont see why a usb pen drive wouldnt work ,remember the usb slot to use is the left one looking from the front of the wii.>have a look here for cfg info hxxp://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forthe said:
Thanks.

i've used a 8GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB thumb drive formatted WBFS...works flawlessly in USB Loader GX...

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
forthe said:
rookrook said:

Thanks.

Look here for your drive.

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mulit wad manager ask me what ios I should couse but when I chose ios 36 it said error (-1). what should I do. when I buy my new black wii it has 4.2 U

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to mention, HackMii Installer v0.7b has been released, making 4.3 hacking fully possible.

Also, cIOSX rev 20b has been released.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2u that was modded with your previous tutorial. I would like to "upgrade" to your new mod. What do I need to do to do this? I do not have my nand backup from before the mod so I can not (as far as I know) wipe the mod and start fresh.

fruitbender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monster hunter wont work on my black wii. I used xzero's method, worked flawlessly except for this game.
how do i chnge to the recomended cIOS for that game, or do i need to install some new hermes cios?
a bunch of thanks!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fruitbender said:
monster hunter wont work on my black wii. I used xzero's method, worked flawlessly except for this game.
how do i chnge to the recomended cIOS for that game, or do i need to install some new hermes cios?
a bunch of thanks!

What loader did you use? Use cIOS rev20b with IOS37 or IOS56 as base IOS.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fruitbender said:
a bunch of thanks!

Use your Loaders game option, to change the cIOS MH (or other games as required) use.

For sure, in CFG Loader, you can choose which IOS for each game, not that you want to do that for all of them.

What cIOS's do you have installed right now?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fruitbender said:
a bunch of thanks!

install Hermes v4 (must be v4, v5 or v5.1 doesn't work AFAIK)...cIOS223 = 37+38 merged...configure your USB loader to use that to load MHT (i use USBLoaderGX)

Playgoods

Trophies
XP
Country
I have used this method on a few of the new Wii's. However I cannot get the usb loading to work. I have followed instructions from the link in the OP but Neogamma does not pick up the usb HD.

Any help?

fruitbender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
fruitbender said:
a bunch of thanks!

Use your Loaders game option, to change the cIOS MH (or other games as required) use.

For sure, in CFG Loader, you can choose which IOS for each game, not that you want to do that for all of them.

What cIOS's do you have installed right now?

CIOS 202[38+60]-V4
CIOS 222[36+37]-V4
CIOS 223[38]-V4
CIOS 249[38]-V19
CIOS 250[57]-V19

these are the ones i installed using xzero's guide.
can i install another cios 223[37+38] over the old 223? without bricking it?
i'm playing via usb hd.
so what you're sayin is that i need to reconfigure my hd loader to a certain cios thats compatible with the said game?

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi my friend has asked me to mod his wii to allow him to play his backup games off a usb hard drive so im going through everything, putting them in folders so all I need to do is just plug in the pendrive and copy over each bit to the sd card

I got a couple of questions, you know the bit where we install the homebrew channel, couldnt we replace the hackmii installer boot.dol with the Yet Another WAD Manager Mod .dol so it loads that instead of the hackmii, cuts a step right, like its pointless installing a channel for it just to get removed later on so you may as well just load the wad manager straight from the bannerbomb exploit

Next question, could I put the usb loader gx wad and any forwarder channels in the wad folder so when I install those custom ios's in the modify 4.2 bit, it will install those as well

Now at the end of the day I will most likely (definitely) follow each step but im just curious on whether I could do it that way or not if I wanted to do it as quickly as possible and still have the same outcome

flaviox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I searched for this but didn't find any concrete answer or way to work this out and as there are smart people here... xD
I have a backup Tales of Symphonia PAL game and i'm trying to load in my NTSC Wii using neogamma, after trying to Force NTSC and other several combinatios all i get is a green screen or at max a black&white game, can somebody help me with this???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!