• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yet another soft mod done with great success just finished my friends wii.

is it wise to install preloader if bootmi is ios and your not having any problems?

everything is working sweet so i'm just wondering if it needs to be loaded to prevent me from bricking or help if i do brick.

what's the chances of a brick if you soft mod was a success?

thanks for the advice the guide and all the great work
bow.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giorgosh said:
Thanks a lot... finished the installations! which hacks shall i enable? And what app shall i download to run burnt dvds???

Installed NeoGamma, ran it, inserted the Grand Slam Tennis DVD (Was burned at x4 speed), it loads first screen with logo but freezes there..
frown.gif

Whatever hacks you feel are good for you. A couple days ago I actually replied to someone about the hacks I enabled:
QUOTEThe ones I've enabled are Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks, Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Remove NoCopy Save File Protection, and Auto-Press A at Health Screen. In the settings you can autoboot to the System Menu so you won't have to see Preloader every time you start up your Wii. To get to Preloader with autoboot on, just hold the Reset button why powering up. I used to have Replace Health Screen with Backmenu enabled but turned it off to see the picture in the DarkWii theme.

I'm on a Mac and just use Disk Utitlity but I think for Windows people use ImgBurn. Did you use DVD-R or DVD+R?

bored.now

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
so anyway asking again...Is there any point when restoring the trucha bug (the only part I've read before that needed wi-fi) or in any significant modification process where i need wi-fi for the wii? I want to update to 4.2 and everything but I dont have wifi on for the wii. Thanks.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bored.now said:
so anyway asking again...Is there any point when restoring the trucha bug (the only part I've read before that needed wi-fi) or in any significant modification process where i need wi-fi for the wii? I want to update to 4.2 and everything but I dont have wifi on for the wii. Thanks.
The files are all included. No need to have your Wii connected to Wi-Fi.

Zexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ade said:
Can I use this guide If I updated my Wii to 4.2 via an official Nintendo update rather than the instructions detailed at the top?

I'm sure this has been asked before but after going through the past 10 or so pages I couldn't find someone else asking the same question and figured I'd probably get a reply quicker!!

xzxero said:
mle said:
QUOTEFor those who are already softmodded and would like to try this guide to update your cIOS and whatnot, i actually recommend to update via Nintendo to get to a virgin 4.2. I mean, when it first came out, it was not recommended at all to update, only if you wanted a headache. But know with the new updated applications it's safe to say you can easily mod 4.2 wii's now. The only thing i recommend is for cIOScorp users wanting to update to 4.2 should install a clean IOS30 via DOP-IOS to avoid any problems with the hackmii installer.

I'm currently on 3.3 virgin (unmodded). So with the this recommend, I shoud :

1) update to 4.2 directly via Nintendo
2) start at the begining of the section "4.2 Method"

Could someone confirm it please?

yes.
confirmed.

Just found this a while ago.

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide. Everything was successful. Now at 4.2U with HBC, WiiFlow, etc. working successfully.

One quick question: When selecting BootMii IOS (I was poking around) from the Preloader menu, I get an error informing me it's not present. Is this normal? I installed it twice, according to the instructions (once in Update and again in Modify), and it works from the Homebrew Channel just fine. Do I have to reinstall it for it to work? Or is it just not supposed to work from Preloader?

Edit: I guess I should add that my Wii was unable to install BootMii at boot2 and instead, only as an IOS.
Edit2: Memory failed me. It does not boot from the Homebrew Channel.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Liquidant said:

is it wise to install preloader if bootmi is ios and your not having any problems?

everything is working sweet so i'm just wondering if it needs to be loaded to prevent me from bricking or help if i do brick.

bow.gif
It is very wise to have Preloader if Bootmii is installed as IOS. If you don't then there's no way to get to Bootmii if you have a System Menu or banner brick. Also if the chances of a brick now are pretty slim if everything works fine. Just don't install unknown .wad files.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frailimbnursry said:
Thanks for the guide. Everything was successful. Now at 4.2U with HBC, WiiFlow, etc. working successfully.

One quick question: When selecting BootMii IOS (I was poking around) from the Preloader menu, I get an error informing me it's not present. Is this normal? I installed it twice, according to the instructions (once in Update and again in Modify), and it works from the Homebrew Channel just fine. Do I have to reinstall it for it to work? Or is it just not supposed to work from Preloader?

Edit: I guess I should add that my Wii was unable to install BootMii at boot2 and instead, only as an IOS.
Can you run Bootmii from the Homebrew Channel? Press the Home button when in HBC.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I managed to do the first part with no problems whatsoever, but when I extract modify.zip to the sd, my Wii freezes as I select the SD card menu and forces me to remove the power cord in order for it to reset. I tried formatting the SD card (always as FAT, don't know if that matters) quite a few times and inserting the files again and also downloaded modify.zip again, with no luck. Is there a way to fix this?

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
xflak40 said:
get the new priiloader instead of preloader here

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader

How is this installed? I created folder in apps folder and extrtacted files but could not load it from HBC...
frown.gif
Does it replace something??

EeZeEpEe said:
giorgosh said:
Thanks a lot... finished the installations! which hacks shall i enable? And what app shall i download to run burnt dvds???

Installed NeoGamma, ran it, inserted the Grand Slam Tennis DVD (Was burned at x4 speed), it loads first screen with logo but freezes there..
frown.gif

Whatever hacks you feel are good for you. A couple days ago I actually replied to someone about the hacks I enabled:
The ones I've enabled are Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks, Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Remove NoCopy Save File Protection, and Auto-Press A at Health Screen. In the settings you can autoboot to the System Menu so you won't have to see Preloader every time you start up your Wii. To get to Preloader with autoboot on, just hold the Reset button why powering up. I used to have Replace Health Screen with Backmenu enabled but turned it off to see the picture in the DarkWii theme.

I'm on a Mac and just use Disk Utitlity but I think for Windows people use ImgBurn. Did you use DVD-R or DVD+R?

Used DVD-R... Isnt that ok?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giorgosh said:
EeZeEpEe said:
giorgosh said:

frown.gif

QUOTEThe ones I've enabled are Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks, Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Remove NoCopy Save File Protection, and Auto-Press A at Health Screen. In the settings you can autoboot to the System Menu so you won't have to see Preloader every time you start up your Wii. To get to Preloader with autoboot on, just hold the Reset button why powering up. I used to have Replace Health Screen with Backmenu enabled but turned it off to see the picture in the DarkWii theme.

Yeah DVD-R is recommended. Try a burn again but it might be the ISO.

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
Liquidant said:

bow.gif
It is very wise to have Preloader if Bootmii is installed as IOS. If you don't then there's no way to get to Bootmii if you have a System Menu or banner brick. Also if the chances of a brick now are pretty slim if everything works fine. Just don't install unknown .wad files.

thanks for the advice Eeze i had a feeling that i might be ok as long as i don't go crazy and start installing wad's here there and everywhere. having said that it's taken me 6 months to even get to this stage so i guess i may be a bit over cautious lol

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Can you run Bootmii from the Homebrew Channel? Press the Home button when in HBC.

Hm, I thought could last night. I guess I never tried because it's not working right now. It switches to a black screen and the disc drive flashes blue repeatedly which I think signals an error.

I guess it's not installed? Is it safe to install it as an IOS after everything else in the guide has been completed? What's the best way of going about this? Thanks for your help.

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
EeZeEpEe said:
giorgosh said:
EeZeEpEe said:
giorgosh said:

frown.gif

Yeah DVD-R is recommended. Try a burn again but it might be the ISO.

Thanks! Manage to installed priiloader.. now what???

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
frailimbnursry said:
EeZeEpEe said:

Hm, I thought could last night. I guess I never tried because it's not working right now. It switches to a black screen and the disc drive flashes blue repeatedly which I think signals an error.

I guess it's not installed? Is it safe to install it as an IOS after everything else in the guide has been completed? What's the best way of going about this? Thanks for your help.

I had the same problem, i guess you formatted you SD card after stage 1 upgrade to 4.2.

well you deleted the Bootmii folder and files.

all I did was load bannerbomb back up and go to the install bootmii, then used prep SD card.

rebooted the wii, started HBC and start bootmii

easy fixed

LloydKurosaki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! everything ran smoothly! thank you very much!
i have two questions now....my HBC is screwed! it's upside down....can I fix it?
I just installed ciosCorp 3.5 and it's ok, yet i have one little question about something i suppose it's related to this post.

I have an original game, mario and sonic at the olympic winter gamer....but i have to load it from my neogamma beacuse the game says that the wii needs to be updated, and so do rabbids go home (I downloaded this game though, this appears when i try to load it from disc channel, doesn't works in my loader). So....if I have the lastest firmware of the wii (actually the moded one xD) why I "need" to update my wii system!?

thanks!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LloydKurosaki said:
Hi! everything ran smoothly! thank you very much!
i have two questions now....my HBC is screwed! it's upside down....can I fix it?
I just installed ciosCorp 3.5 and it's ok, yet i have one little question about something i suppose it's related to this post.

I have an original game, mario and sonic at the olympic winter gamer....but i have to load it from my neogamma beacuse the game says that the wii needs to be updated, and so do rabbids go home (I downloaded this game though, this appears when i try to load it from disc channel, doesn't works in my loader). So....if I have the lastest firmware of the wii (actually the moded one xD) why I "need" to update my wii system!?

thanks!
Here's a fix for the upside down HBC. So are you saying you have 4.2 but it's still asking you to update? I don't have those games yet so don't know anything about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo