Hong Kong
theclear said:
xzxero said:
you were supposed to install

IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

first.
Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:

IOS70-64-v6687.wad

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
I did all the above steps , but when i take the card out of the Wii to put the MODIFY 4.2 , thats when i got the black screen. Is my Wii full bricked???

Did you turn OFF the Wii before you take the SD out ?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
theclear said:
xzxero said:
you were supposed to install

IOS70-64-v6687.wad

first.
Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:

IOS70-64-v6687.wad

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
I did all the above steps , but when i take the card out of the Wii to put the MODIFY 4.2 , thats when i got the black screen. Is my Wii full bricked???

Did you turn OFF the Wii before you take the SD out ?
i think so ,

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
theclear said:
i think so ,

Strange. Bootmii should start, at least.
unsure.gif

Which region is your Wii ?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
unsure.gif

Pal , im in the Netherlands , europe, i tried everything i could put back the files from Update 4.2 to Sd card restarted Wii, nothing seen to work . is really strange cause i can start the Wii with the Wiimote, put DvD in/out , but just can make to the home screen , just DARKNESS (black screen)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
theclear said:
TeenTin said:
unsure.gif

Pal , im in the Netherlands , europe, i tried everything i could put back the files from Update 4.2 to Sd card restarted Wii, nothing seen to work . is really strange cause i can start the Wii with the Wiimote, put DvD in/out , but just can make to the home screen , just DARKNESS (black screen)

Did you double check your cables ?

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
theclear said:
TeenTin said:
unsure.gif

I feel sorry for you theclear, im about updating from 3.2E my self, sure just hope the same thing doesn't happen for me.

- Like Teentin is mentioning, it sure is weird that even Bootmii doesnt start up?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
[/quote]

[/quote]
i did check my cables do i need a specific Bootmii like Pal version or something? wich specific files i need on the sd card to be able to boot ?

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you do when you load the boot .elf and it says
this installer can NOT continue!

vulnerable ios installed?

i did the system update with the wawinko updater.when perfect..

what do i do now?lol

WiiMagic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im having a problem with the trucha bug restorer.
I followed all the steps installing the wads and they all completed ok, so it is now on firmware 4.2E (previously 3.4E).
I then found a Homebrew channel installer that worked on 4.2E and installed it again on the new ios's as required.
Then i moved on to the trucha bug restorer (having already previously made a Nand backup), and followed all the instructions but i keep getting the error of unable to open wad from SD card when trying to downgrade IOS15, so i tried installing via NUSD and then it downloaded the files ok but i keep getting an error of ;

ES_addtitlestart returned -1035 maybe you need an updated downgrader
Error could not set the revision to 0
Downgrade failed
Is there a way around this or another downgrader to try ??

Any help would be appreciated.

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i had mentioned in my earlier post, that i was having a homebrew update on my screen. i updated that, but all i am now getting is dowloading chagelog..... in my screen, (hope i have not messed up)

would anyone know what that is and what should i do next?

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant do anything any more ...

ok so here it is.i upgraded my system menu for 4.2 u with the wawinko updater.all good for that..when i reboot no more homebrew.

so found a topic saying drop the boot .dol in the sd and try a combination of ios to install.so i did tried a few time and got one that installed..

so worked good only thing is when i press home it bugged..

anyways.now i tryed again to install the homebrew with the new fix for 4.2..

it still gives me a can NOT install vulnerable ios installed...

any body have a miracle in there pocket?lol

all this to try to play the new mario...ahh

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i just updated my wii with the guide, and im at the step to delete the ios with anytitle deleter, but i get an error when opening, but i just had to push a button. After that i've tried to delete the ios 249 and 250 which is the only one i could see on the list, but it just give me an error "Error! ISFS Delete ret - 102". Someone know what the problem is?

WiiMagic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Please ignore my previous post abot the trucha bug restorer i found out i had an older version of TBR i have now upgraded and all installed ok.
My problem now is that A: i didnt have a single stub ios on the list but i just moved on anway and installed the ios's in the order listed and then B : i cant install preloader at all, it just gives me a msg of unable to read ticket - aborting mission

Any ideas??

is it a problem if i dont install Preloader, i only have bootmii as an ios.

PS i have already renamed the preloader 0.29 jodi dol to boot and it just freezes at the disclaimer screen !!

Zexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just re-read the guide and I wanted to ask, when you do the updating step to 4.2, you have to install the homebrew channel. Since I already have 3.2U's old HBC is there any specific way to install? I don't want any of the old files in that Wii, I want to get it fresh and new so I don't have to be that careful when I install it, I can just run through the steps.

darkjester

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a wii i attempted to hack using a different set of instructions similer to your own while installing preloader 0.29 the wii bricked and returned to nintendo for reflashing the wii was downgraded to 3.1 before the attempt is it safe to attempt this on this wii also would there be any benifit to downgrading to 3.1 for the bootmii installation so i can install in boot2 as im not sure if the wii in question will allow boot2 installation under 4.1 (the current fw) thanks in advance

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide but I just have a couple of questions.

1. Under 4.2 can you still play foreign region games from a HDD using NeoGamma? I get the impression you can't but I'm just making sure.

2. I already have 4.1 with HBC, NeoGamma, Homebrew Browser, a few WAD-installed games and various homebrew apps (mainly emulators). Is there a quicker way of upgrading to 4.2 if you already have 4.1 set up or is it exactly the same whatever version you're starting off from?

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am following this guide right now.

I am on the step 2: Going from 4.2 to 4.1.
After making my NAND backup I can't turn on my Wii.
I put it on power and no red light comes on.
Any ideas?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
Thanks for the guide but I just have a couple of questions.

1. Under 4.2 can you still play foreign region games from a HDD using NeoGamma? I get the impression you can't but I'm just making sure.

2. I already have 4.1 with HBC, NeoGamma, Homebrew Browser, a few WAD-installed games and various homebrew apps (mainly emulators). Is there a quicker way of upgrading to 4.2 if you already have 4.1 set up or is it exactly the same whatever version you're starting off from?
1. Yes, if they're backup foreign region games.
2. This guide is as quick as it gets. Follow "Upgrade to 4.2" first then "Modify 4.2".

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msaju said:
hey, i had mentioned in my earlier post, that i was having a homebrew update on my screen. i updated that, but all i am now getting is dowloading chagelog..... in my screen, (hope i have not messed up)

would anyone know what that is and what should i do next?

shall i start the guide from the begining? ps help, i have been reading the sticky in the forumn, but could not find anything

bored.now

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, I've waded through a number of pages but to be honest it is a bit tiring to read over 140 pages of replies, so I'll try to be brief and succint. My apologies if this has already been asked or specified: Is there any point when restoring the trucha bug (the only part I've read before that needed wi-fi) or in any significant modification process where i need wi-fi for the wii? I have the laptop connected but not the wii, and I wouldn't like to run into needing it while modding.

I'm on 3.4u, LU36. I had already bannerbombed and installed HBC, DVDX and bootmii as IOC, so I'm guessing I won't need to run the guide exactly from the start. If there's anything I'm missing or you'd like to add, feel free.

Appreciate the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month