Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

lepz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have looked and seen nothing on my issue, either I didn't look hard enough, or I am a lone person dealing with this. So I decided to softmod my Wii, I have softmodded xbox's and 360's so my knowledge in the general field is fairly good. Everything went well, played games after it was modded, everything was fine. Last night before going to sleep I installed cIOSCORP v3.5 and it seemed to go well. An hour or so ago I decided to use Ocarina on Mario Kart Wii, worked well except for one thing, the sound was canny, the music seemed to be ok, but whenever there was a character making a noise, or basically any sound effect other than the game music, it would sound almost ear stinging, like it was shattering your eardrum, but of course not actually that bad. To make sure it wasn't Ocarina for any reason, I restarted the Wii and played it again and it seemed the same. To go even further, I checked out if Zelda did it too, sure enough the music was alright but the sound effects sounded almost 8-bit. I checked the cords, everything is fine connection wise. I have no clue as to what is happening, and I made sure it was still on stereo settings. Any help would be appreciated!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
msaju said:
hey,

i have just switched my wii after a long time and noticed, it says to update homebrew, would it be safe to update? would it modify my wii.

i had in hacked in september with xzxero guide (which i must say again and thank you was very easy to follow). I am an extreme noob, and i do read alot and try very hard to understand all the formats etc..., but since the last time i posted, there are over 100 pages to catchup. i have just read this topic about an update aswell

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188378

would i have to go through this update or would it also be included in the guide i installed in september.

my wii is 4.2 and i used trucha bug, i have noticed the guide has also been updated?

basically:

is it safe to update my wii with the new homebrew?
since september do i need to follow the new guide from begining?
and do i install cI0SCORP v3.5?
from what i read from the link above, you can dowload games and play them in ur wii if i install cIOSCORP, :unsure

thanks for all the support
Yes. The HBC update is specifically for 4.2. No you don't need to follow the guide from the beginning if you did everything with 4.2 already. cISOcorp v3.5 is optional. If installed it allows you to play backups through the Disc Channel. Personally, I don't think it's worth it because I feel like I read more people have problems with it than success.

dahoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need the modify zip file
have a wii which has had nintendo official update- 4.2e need to put homebrew etc bac on it ...cheers dahoff
rolleyes.gif

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
I do have a question, i dont know if its allready been answered somewhere, but it isnt in the FAQ menu thats for sure.

- If i am allready at 3.2E fully hacked with preloader, and cioscorp, usbloader, i still have to follow the guide starting from "(Update to 4.2
Follow this if your not on 4.2 yet, it will update all of your IOS's & System menu to the latest firmware.)" right?

lancelott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did this part:

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

But now I can't do this part. When I go back to TBR, hell, when I even try to run stuff like Dop IOS Mod, I get a black screen. I do not have any GC accessories plugged in.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

I do have a NAND backup from 3.3 I could go back to. But really, what is the problem? I've modded one other Wii and this didn't happen with that one.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
edit: sorry didn't read your question properly lancelott.

Also in the guide i think it should be mentioned that you delete the stub of any IOSes you're installing in the cIOS step, because I had IOS202 already installed (it's for USB2.0, used with MPlayer). I didn't know why I couldn't install any of the new IOSes (ret = -1035 error) until I realized I had a version of IOS202.

Also with this step:
QUOTE said:
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
I saw some people having problems with this (including myself) getting that DSI exception error or whatever it was called. Maybe you should mention that if this happens you should skip to the next step of restoring IOS15 and then starting back from the top and downgrading it. After I trawled through the thread to find that solution it worked. Repeating the IOS36 menu step over and over until it worked didn't work for me, as I thikn was suggested somewhere.

Just some suggestions, seeing as it took me longer than expected to do this lol. Woo 4.2E
yay.gif

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOScorp vs cIOS36rev9 ....after updating???

I successfully updated 3.2U (with cIOS36 rev9) to 4.2U using Xzxero's guide.

Want to use backups I've made, so I want to learn the difference and what to do next:

There's the new cIOScorp released for 4.2 with guide AND
there's a new cIOS38 rev14 out.

Which guide&install do you advise I use at this point. (btw, I've got HackMii, HBC, BootMii in Boot2)

TIA,

Wii Knee
(neither the left knee nor the right knee)

tomino111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need help here please.I got error message on AnyTitleDeleter.Deleting stub IOS's-Run Any Title Deleter DB-Choose IOS36 & press A-Error! can't get count of titles!

thanks

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
I have 1 announcement and 1 question

Announcement:
If you get the DSI exception do the downgrade part *the first part* then turn your wii off then continue to the next part

Question: You mentioned playing virtual console and wii ware games off a usb,
How do I do that?.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did the guide fine, followed all the steps.

Problem: my wii was on 3.2E before updating. I had run all my games through the disc channel, and with the help of my (original) wasabi chip. After this update my wii refuses to read the out of region "backups" I have (even the retail ones I imported). This sucks. Any idea why this is happening? Yes, I do have all the hacks for regionfree turned on with preloader, but that shoudln't matter anyway right since my modchip is meant to take care of that...

P.S. is this the right place to post this?

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrHectic said:

Problem: my wii was on 3.2E before updating. I had run all my games through the disc channel, and with the help of my (original) wasabi chip. After this update my wii refuses to read the out of region "backups" I have (even the retail ones I imported). This sucks. Any idea why this is happening? Yes, I do have all the hacks for regionfree turned on with preloader, but that shoudln't matter anyway right since my modchip is meant to take care of that...

Same thing for me.
Except I was on 4.1
They still have not answred or helped me from a few pages ago

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wii knee said:
cIOScorp vs cIOS36rev9 ....after updating???

I successfully updated 3.2U (with cIOS36 rev9) to 4.2U using Xzxero's guide.

Want to use backups I've made, so I want to learn the difference and what to do next:

There's the new cIOScorp released for 4.2 with guide AND
there's a new cIOS38 rev14 out.

Which guide&install do you advise I use at this point. (btw, I've got HackMii, HBC, BootMii in Boot2)

TIA,

Wii Knee
(neither the left knee nor the right knee)
cIOS rev14 is reccomended
just google it and run the installer (im not sure if you can get it on temp)

wlfbck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a problem after "Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES"

my homebrew channel is turned upside down oO (home menu is fine, aswell as TBR-menu). help appreciated =)

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jran Sakarra said:
DrHectic said:

Same thing for me.
Except I was on 4.1
They still have not answred or helped me from a few pages ago

I did some reading and apparently 4.2 disables the regionfree on most modchips..which sucks. Right now I'm just running my NTSC games through gecko. So you have the same problem with 4.1 as well? Dang I guess downgrading is out of the question for me until I can update my chip...

enigma04

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guide!!! I have successfully installed this on my personal wii without any problems. However, it was already updated to 4.2... Last night I was installing this onto a friends Wii which was not previously updated. I followed the guide completely, starting with the update section. Now that i have finished, when i put in one of my backups, it asks for an update.
My question is, if i update will i have to follow the guide again, or are will everything remain the same. Or are there different steps i'll have to take? I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet or not. I did some searching. If it has been discussed, if someone could point me in the right direction, i don't mind reading.

Thanks

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey lads,
is the "modify 4.2" optional after "update to 4.2" section?

moreover, what additional steps are needed in order to run the modified nsmbwii image?

thanks

enigma04

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enigma04 said:
Awesome guide!!! I have successfully installed this on my personal wii without any problems. However, it was already updated to 4.2... Last night I was installing this onto a friends Wii which was not previously updated. I followed the guide completely, starting with the update section. Now that i have finished, when i put in one of my backups, it asks for an update.
My question is, if i update will i have to follow the guide again, or are will everything remain the same. Or are there different steps i'll have to take? I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet or not. I did some searching. If it has been discussed, if someone could point me in the right direction, i don't mind reading.

Thanks

also i just ran the new COD modern warfare. it is PAL and i had to run it with gecko..... but when i put in a regular newer NTSC disc it ask me to update... Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Posts merged

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut