Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Melwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

At first, thanks for this great guide, it's the best I've seen so far!
Unfortunately I am stuck at "Restoring the Trucha Buck".

After i downgraded the IOS15 it says that i have to choose IOS15 too patch IOS36.
The Problem is that i always get a DSI exception when i choose the IOS15.
This Problem was already mentioned earier in this thread, but all the solutions didn't work out for me.
I hard reseted - Still there
I tried another SD - Still there!
Till this point everything went great, but now I'm realy frustrated!
Any ideas?

Thank you so far,
Mel

bmd85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I followed all of the steps I did not downgrade to 4.1 though I can run gituar hero world tour backup from disc through a backup loader channel i had before and the home brew channel but when I click on the wii disc channel it asks me to update I thought this would prevent this ??? what do I need to do to keep this from happening. and if I accidently update what will happen?

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While using Xzxero's guide, I updated and when I got to the modding part, found that my Boot2 was blown out and that while I was now updated to 4.2U, I obviously don't have HBC any longer nor can I load the boot.elf from the SD card (it shows ???) to reload HackMii. Argggh.
wtf.gif

Would someone knowledgeable with this PLEASE provide me with a little guidance. Can I softmod again now that I'm on 4.2? What to do?

Helpless, but hopeful!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
While using Xzxero's guide, I updated and when I got to the modding part, found that my Boot2 was blown out and that while I was now updated to 4.2U, I obviously don't have HBC any longer nor can I load the boot.elf from the SD card (it shows ???) to reload HackMii. Argggh.
wtf.gif

Would someone knowledgeable with this PLEASE provide me with a little guidance. Can I softmod again now that I'm on 4.2? What to do?

Helpless, but hopeful!
Of course you can softmod again on 4.2. That's what the guide is here for. Are you going to the SD menu from the System Menu or the one in Wii Settings? You should be using the one from the System Menu.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your speedy reply EeZeEpEe!

I was, of course, trying from the Wii but the update wouldn't let me open the .elf file.

So, I hacked again by using Indiana PWNS and reloaded HBC and Boot2 will now do another NAND b/u.

Everything seems ok, now.

Aawrighta!

Thanks again to you and the community!
yay.gif

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To: XZXERO

I have a noob question. My Wii was modded with the Twightlight hack and is at 3.2U with Neogamma R4 and Preloader installed.

Just bought a retail copy of Wii Sports Resort for my kids and all I'm getting is a black screen. Will upgrading to the current 4.2 softmod fix this? After reading numberous pages, I not sure if this was answered.

Since my Wii is already modded, do I still follow your entire guide? If so, do I need to remove the old modd first?

gordonshumway

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have followed this guide all the way to where it wants you to use any title deleter and i have deleted all the IOS's then when running wad manager it only hadIOS70-v6687.wad in wad folder i have redownloaded the pack and still only that wad is in the folder can someone please tell me where i can get IOS202-v4.wad, IOS222-v4.wad, IOS223-v4.wad, IOS249-v14.wad and IOS250-v65535.wad it would be greatly appreciated. I am doing my friends Wii and I'm stuck here
Thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deelonger said:
To: XZXERO

I have a noob question. My Wii was modded with the Twightlight hack and is at 3.2U with Neogamma R4 and Preloader installed.

Just bought a retail copy of Wii Sports Resort for my kids and all I'm getting is a black screen. Will upgrading to the current 4.2 softmod fix this? After reading numberous pages, I not sure if this was answered.

Since my Wii is already modded, do I still follow your entire guide? If so, do I need to remove the old modd first?
update via the file pack and follow the guide completely

QUOTE(gordonshumway @ Nov 7 2009, 03:34 PM) I have followed this guide all the way to where it wants you to use any title deleter and i have deleted all the IOS's then when running wad manager it only hadIOS70-v6687.wad in wad folder i have redownloaded the pack and still only that wad is in the folder can someone please tell me where i can get IOS202-v4.wad, IOS222-v4.wad, IOS223-v4.wad, IOS249-v14.wad and IOS250-v65535.wad it would be greatly appreciated. I am doing my friends Wii and I'm stuck here
Thanks
you have an outdated package
[email protected]

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero, Nice to see you stay on top of your guide... better support then some legit companies I've worked with.

My uncle has a Wii for his kids, he really buys every game that he plays and doesn't want to lose the ability to play those, but his kids keep fucking up the discs, and wants backups.

If I use this guide are there ANY retails as of right now that wont work?

I know they play both SSBB and MP Trilogy.

Edit: you should really edit the [email protected] out of the tutorial to prevent confusion... or at least make them fwd the same email.

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
gbaguy said:
QUOTE said:
gbaguy said:
Thanks xzxero,

I read the post where you said 'apparently you only need these 5 files'. So is it safe to just copy all (17) of those files over anyway? Or just pick out those you mentioned? The guy didn't post back on what he did afterwards and if it worked or not.

Also, I was reading ahead a bit and steps 5 and 6 is about installing Preloader and "cIOS Installer for USB2" but it doesn't mention those in the previous steps. Was it downloaded during the NUSD download steps and just has a cryptic name or do I need to get those somewhere? Sorry if it' s a dumb question.

Thank you
i know the guy never replied back

i would imagine the extra files wouldnt matter, but maybe you can clarify it for me.
try it using all 17 files and run the app, if it doesnt work, then try just the 4 files.

i dont understand your 2nd question.
those pictures on that post i linked arent in the guide, i wasnt sure if its necessary to take out only those 4 files.

Regarding my second question, steps 5 and 6 are:
5] Run Preloader .29
Press 1 twice and it should install. [Don't worry, it takes it's time.]
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Save settings.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

Did I quietly download those when I was using NUSD to fetch all those wads? Or do I have to find those elsewhere?

And do I need that "key.bin" file I mentioned in my first post?

Thank you
those are included in the precompiled link at the beginning of the guide

key.bin is not needed for anything in this guide

thats used for programs on the pc

thats what i was trying to ask when i followed ur guide in september

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deelonger said:
XZXERO, thanks for the fast response. Where should I send the email to to get this package?

[email protected] or [email protected]
either or.
modifyanywii is the backup one.

QUOTE(hxcmusic @ Nov 7 2009, 04:34 PM) xzxero, Nice to see you stay on top of your guide... better support then some legit companies I've worked with.

My uncle has a Wii for his kids, he really buys every game that he plays and doesn't want to lose the ability to play those, but his kids keep fucking up the discs, and wants backups.

If I use this guide are there ANY retails as of right now that wont work?

I know they play both SSBB and MP Trilogy.

Edit: you should really edit the [email protected] out of the tutorial to prevent confusion... or at least make them fwd the same email.
any retail disc will work still.

lolwut37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was modding my virgin 4.2 Wii, and all was working perfectly, up until I got to WAD installer. The only wad it shows for installation is IOS70 v6687
None of the others shows up.
What am I doing wrong?
Ive followed all the steps thus far

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,

i have just switched my wii after a long time and noticed, it says to update homebrew, would it be safe to update? would it modify my wii.

i had in hacked in september with xzxero guide (which i must say again and thank you was very easy to follow). I am an extreme noob, and i do read alot and try very hard to understand all the formats etc..., but since the last time i posted, there are over 100 pages to catchup. i have just read this topic about an update aswell

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188378

would i have to go through this update or would it also be included in the guide i installed in september.

my wii is 4.2 and i used trucha bug, i have noticed the guide has also been updated?

basically:

is it safe to update my wii with the new homebrew?
since september do i need to follow the new guide from begining?
and do i install cI0SCORP v3.5?
from what i read from the link above, you can dowload games and play them in ur wii if i install cIOSCORP, :unsure

thanks for all the support

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolwut37 said:
Alright so I figured out the wad thing,
but how do I use the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol?

Here is the steps:
1. rename boot.dol to boot2.dol
2. rename preloaderv.029-jodi.dol to boot.dol
3. go to hbc
4. click preloader and click load
5. hit 1 once you have read everything
6. if succeeded, read the screen and follow instructions
7. turn off wii, take out sd card
8. rename boot.dol to preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol
9. rename boot2.dol to boot.dol
10. go to hbc
11. run preloader, hit plus to install
12. if succeeded, read the screen and follow instructions
13. enjoy

if u have any problems, pm me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel