• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

kevsmif80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30

i am getting this error but i do not understand what you mean. how am i suppose to use the preloade.29 dol file? i see it but what do i do with it since i am getting this error

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
kevsmif80 said:
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30

i am getting this error but i do not understand what you mean. how am i suppose to use the preloade.29 dol file? i see it but what do i do with it since i am getting this error

I am stuck at exactly the same spot. Are we suppose to move this file somewhere to use it?

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nabster92 said:
Run Bootmii by turning your wii off and on. (only if you have a boot2 install, IOS version must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.)
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A. (If you don't have a GC controller you can use the power button to move right, and the reset button to select on the Wii itself; however, this will not work on the IOS version, and a GC controller MUST be used).
Press A(or reset) again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup, which will need at least around 540 MB on your SD card free.

Edited to be a bit more thorough.

I did all the first steps in the guide, however when i reach the backup part i cannot find the option. Anyhow, i am launching HBC and click home on my button and in the menu afterwards click on launch Bootmii and then a grey screen with 4 icons appears (Wii - HBC - SD - Options? ) but wii is frozen and cannot move with my pad.. Any suggestions?

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just found how to browser in the menu.. Was using the on/of button on the controller but it needed the on/off on the device.. found it now but my CF card is 256mb only
frown.gif
Is it compulsory to make the backup or shall i go on?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
kevsmif80 said:

I am stuck at exactly the same spot. Are we suppose to move this file somewhere to use it?

To both of you, Make a new folder in your apps folder and name it PreloaderJODI.

Then cut and paste preloaderv.29-jodi.dol into that new folder you made. Then rename the dol file to boot.dol.

There now you can run it

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giorgosh said:
Just found how to browser in the menu.. Was using the on/of button on the controller but it needed the on/off on the device.. found it now but my CF card is 256mb only
frown.gif
That's why you gotta make sure you read the directions carefully. "Press the power button on the wii 3 times"
It pretty much is compulsory. You can go on at your own risk but don't complain to anyone if you end up bricking your system without a Bootmii backup.

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
EeZeEpEe said:
giorgosh said:
frown.gif
That's why you gotta make sure you read the directions carefully. "Press the power button on the wii 3 times"
It pretty much is compulsory. You can go on at your own risk but don't complain to anyone if you end up bricking your system without a Bootmii backup.

Thanks! Just ordered a 2g SD Card and will give it a go these days..

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use this guide If I updated my Wii to 4.2 via an official Nintendo update rather than the instructions detailed at the top?

I'm sure this has been asked before but after going through the past 10 or so pages I couldn't find someone else asking the same question and figured I'd probably get a reply quicker!!

selt

Trophies
XP
Country
'ade' exactly my question as well...

Here is what I have:
3.4E
HBC, all games working from USB HDD (USBLoaderGX,Wiiflow, Coverflow, Uloader...) including Wii Resort, Guitar Hero: WT and 5 (cIOS 249 with cIOS 222 + IOS38 merged with IOS37 and also 223 and IOS38 merged with IOS60 = start w Uloader from HBC), CoD 4 WaW...so all works fine now...

however, my concern now is that I cannot go to shopping channel since it is asking me to upgrade system (and I need to take down some songs from GH:WT to GH5).

So, basic questions:

- Would it be OK to just click on offered system update (I guess taht will bring me to 4.2) ?

- If yes, do I need to follow some steps (which ones) after that?

- If no, what would be recommended way to get onto latest firware but still have all games working from USB HDD as I have them now?

Many thanks!

twistedlace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, with regards to this post, I am new to this and looking for some help if possible ( or I will be buying my girlfriend a new wii!! ), I have followed the instructions for this update and have not come back with any error messages and everything 'seems' to have gone ok but i must have done somthing wrong. when the Wii loads it goes straight to the system menu, where i can access the homebrew chennel other options are

installed file
load/install file
system menu hacks
and settings

but I cannot see how to load any games, and can no longer get into the original wii menu, im not sure if this is normal but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be most greatful.

Thank you
smile.gif

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
xzxero said:

I'm stuck at this step... I get the aborting mission error but do not understand how to use the other file you are saying.. Can someone hjelp?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giorgosh said:
xzxero said:
I'm stuck at this step... I get the aborting mission error but do not understand how to use the other file you are saying.. Can someone hjelp?
If you dragged everything from the modify.zip onto the root of your SD card this is all you have to do.

1. Go to SD:apps/preloaderv0.29-jodi/preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol
2. Rename to boot.dol.
3. Open in Homebrew Channel.
Now to update to 0.30
1. Go to SD:apps/preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek/preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.dol
2. Rename to boot.dol.
3. Open in Homebrew Channel.

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks a lot... finished the installations! which hacks shall i enable? And what app shall i download to run burnt dvds???

Installed NeoGamma, ran it, inserted the Grand Slam Tennis DVD (Was burned at x4 speed), it loads first screen with logo but freezes there..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas