• Total voters

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pakrat said:
I just have 1 issue with Modify 4.2. Guide. Ive gotten to the very end to enable system menu hacks but i cannot get the preloader 30 or 29 to install. Bootmii is installed as an IOS - was the only choice i had with this 4.2U.

I got the aborting mission error, like it says, but the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol wont load. How to install the 29-jodi version first?

The other question I have also is regarding the hacks.ini file, do you need to delete what you dont want for every version. AND what version MUST be there for a NTSC Wii??

Rename the original boot.dol in the preloader folder to something else (i.e. preloaderv03.dol) and rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol to boot.dol. Follow the instructions for installing preloader. When that is finished, replace the boot.dol with the one renamed earlier (the original preloader .30 dol).

The process should go something like this:
Rename boot.dol -> whatever.dol
Rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol -> boot.dol
Install preloaderv0.29-jodi
Rename whatever.dol -> boot.dol
Install preloaderv0.30r4

As far as the .ini file. You can enable and disable the hacks from within the preloader menu. I didn't manually add or edit anything.

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frailimbnursry said:
pakrat said:
I just have 1 issue with Modify 4.2. Guide. Ive gotten to the very end to enable system menu hacks but i cannot get the preloader 30 or 29 to install. Bootmii is installed as an IOS - was the only choice i had with this 4.2U.

I got the aborting mission error, like it says, but the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol wont load. How to install the 29-jodi version first?

The other question I have also is regarding the hacks.ini file, do you need to delete what you dont want for every version. AND what version MUST be there for a NTSC Wii??

Rename the original boot.dol in the preloader folder to something else (i.e. preloaderv03.dol) and rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol to boot.dol. Follow the instructions for installing preloader. When that is finished, replace the boot.dol with the one renamed earlier (the original preloader .30 dol).

The process should go something like this:
Rename boot.dol -> whatever.dol
Rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol -> boot.dol
Install preloaderv0.29-jodi
Rename whatever.dol -> boot.dol
Install preloaderv0.30r4

As far as the .ini file. You can enable and disable the hacks from within the preloader menu. I didn't manually add or edit anything.

Thanks for the reply, I did pretty much what you had said, I renamed original boot.dol to 30r4.dol tried to install 029-jodi but it just sits at the first screen forever. I had B AND + held down to install but it does nothing. Its the only thing from the 4.2 modify guide that hasnt installed.

DutchHeatWave

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if this is a question that has been answered a million times, but it's kinda hard to Google on these keywords

I am trying to mod a 3.2E Wii and I got stuck on this part of the tutorial:

"When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)"

I get a list of IOS's to choose from in Wadmanager, but it goes from IOS35 to IOS37 when I use the keys to switch. I've checked, the IOS36-64-v3351.wad file IS on the SD card, I downloaded a few other "36" versions, but wadmanager just won't show me IOS36 as an option.

What am I doing wrong?

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
to install preloader 0.29 - jodi, u need to press 1 twice to get past the disclaimer

afterwards I recommend upgrading to Priiloader from here

thanks for that tip It worked !!
yaypsp.gif

monolove

Trophies
XP
Country
thanx a bunch. tried like 10 guides before this to remodify my wii after I chose to update to 4.2 (i know, what was i thinking) and now it seems to work. gotta install cioscorp tho. can't live wothout my modded rock band songs. again. thank you.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there if anyone could be kind to help a first time Softmodder. I've been a longtime WiiKey v1 user but I've had reason to make a hybrid machine. (NSMB) I've followed your guide to each exact point (except installing preloader). Every time I launch a specific homebrew, my Wii crashes. (black screen, wiimote looses connection) This includes Neogamma R8 Beta 7, WAD Manager 1.5, (prolly more, just haven't tried.) Coincidentally, every time I select IOS249 to be used to load whatever application I'm using, it will either A) freeze up B) give me an error then freeze up. My n00b-hunch is that for some reason cIOS didn't install correctly the first time thus corrupting IOS249. I've tried reinstalling cIOS38 rev14 numerous times using IOS38 & IOS36 to load off of. No difference. I've also tried to trucha patch IOS53 & IOS70 with DOP-IOS MOD so that a patched NSMB will run straight from the disc channel. No luck with that either. Wii will do 1 of 2 things. 1) state "The Disc cannot be Read" (majority of the time) or 2) Black screen error: "An error has occurred..." (rare). Can anyone help me out, please?

Specs: Wii 4.2U, cIOS38 rev14, IOS36 Patched (TBR), IOS53 & IOS70 Patched (DOP-IOS MOD), Bootmii as boot2.
Problems: Some homebrew won't boot. NSMB won't boot off of Disc Channel. (I've tried an already patched ISO and one that I patched manually using the main.dol from the orignal site which the NSMB hack was found using wiiscrubber 1.4. both were BrickBlocked and RegionFriid before burning and both failed.)

If you can help out, thanks. Also noticed that cIOS rev15 may be released on Fri. 13th. (maybe that would fix my problems?) In the meantime I will try to uninstall the cIOS i have and reinstall it again on a lower version. Or try GeckOS. (if it runs)

~ Jon

EDIT: Sorry my inner noob was showing. 1) this was suppose to go under the "Fully Softmod Any Wii" Guide. 2) realized Nintendo put stub IOS249 on system menu, uninstalled it, reinstalled cIOS. Everything's working flawlessly. Wow softmoding a wii is easier than I thought.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK - used this guide to modify a virgin 4.2 wii.

All worked - couple of notes.

TBR downgrade IOS15 - good
If you try to patch IOS36 straight afterwards, got a code dump
Reboot
TBR - Patch IOS36 - good
If you try to restore IOS15 straight afterwards, got a code dump
Reboot
TBR - Restore IOS15 - good

The rest of the install went fine.

battlebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got one question that's somewhat related to the modding. When I finished the guide, (everything worked, thnx!) I want to add channels for my emulators and neogamma 8 beta 9. You need to install them as .wads with wadmanager but can you make these channels yourself or are there any available already? Would be easy to have them as insta selectable through the system menu.

CAFlynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guide! I had previously softmodded my Wii, but got the urge to re-virginize my Wii and try this out. Worked like a charm! Fast, easy and in about 10 minutes I was ready to go. Thanks for the great guide!

wok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAFlynn said:
Awesome guide! I had previously softmodded my Wii, but got the urge to re-virginize my Wii and try this out. Worked like a charm! Fast, easy and in about 10 minutes I was ready to go. Thanks for the great guide!

I'm in the same boat, I've previously softmodded my Wii a long while back and I'm just returning to it now and would like to 'start fresh' if it's possible. How did you go about re-virginizing the Wii? or did you just start this guide using your previously softmodded Wii? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1