Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbaguy said:
QUOTE said:
gbaguy said:
Thanks xzxero,

I read the post where you said 'apparently you only need these 5 files'. So is it safe to just copy all (17) of those files over anyway? Or just pick out those you mentioned? The guy didn't post back on what he did afterwards and if it worked or not.

Also, I was reading ahead a bit and steps 5 and 6 is about installing Preloader and "cIOS Installer for USB2" but it doesn't mention those in the previous steps. Was it downloaded during the NUSD download steps and just has a cryptic name or do I need to get those somewhere? Sorry if it' s a dumb question.

Thank you
i know the guy never replied back

i would imagine the extra files wouldnt matter, but maybe you can clarify it for me.
try it using all 17 files and run the app, if it doesnt work, then try just the 4 files.

i dont understand your 2nd question.
those pictures on that post i linked arent in the guide, i wasnt sure if its necessary to take out only those 4 files.

Regarding my second question, steps 5 and 6 are:
5] Run Preloader .29
Press 1 twice and it should install. [Don't worry, it takes it's time.]
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Save settings.

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

Did I quietly download those when I was using NUSD to fetch all those wads? Or do I have to find those elsewhere?

And do I need that "key.bin" file I mentioned in my first post?

Thank you
those are included in the precompiled link at the beginning of the guide

key.bin is not needed for anything in this guide

thats used for programs on the pc

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi xzxero,

OK, I'm proceeding ahead with the 17 files and I'm up to 3] Run Dop-IOS v7 but I'm encountering an issue when I get to:

Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.

It says to say No to Sig Hash Check but no matter what I press (A, B, any direction) it proceeds ahead with Sig Hash Check as Yes. How do I change it to No? I have tried several times and it doesn't allow me the chance to change it?? Supposedly "Any other button" cancels, but that's not the case for some odd reason. I can cancel it at the first prompt but with the second any button proceeds ahead with the installation of IOS61 with Sig Hash Check. I must be missing something here.

If I can't get this to install correctly, will the hacks work? How important is it to say No to Sig Hash Check? I have no idea what that even means. Is it OK to proceed anyway?

Help please.
Thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbaguy said:
Hi xzxero,

OK, I'm proceeding ahead with the 17 files and I'm up to 3] Run Dop-IOS v7 but I'm encountering an issue when I get to:

Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.

It says to say No to Sig Hash Check but no matter what I press (A, B, any direction) it proceeds ahead with Sig Hash Check as Yes. How do I change it to No? I have tried several times and it doesn't allow me the chance to change it?? Supposedly "Any other button" cancels, but that's not the case for some odd reason. I can cancel it at the first prompt but with the second any button proceeds ahead with the installation of IOS61 with Sig Hash Check. I must be missing something here.

If I can't get this to install correctly, will the hacks work? How important is it to say No to Sig Hash Check? I have no idea what that even means. Is it OK to proceed anyway?

Help please.
Thanks
if you press any other button to cancel, it will not sig hash check the IOS.

IOS 61 is for the wii shop channel to function correctly.

what makes you sure it still says yes to sig hash check?

chaonatic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, believe it or not I've read through every page of this thread but haven't seen this particular issue come up. I followed the guide to the letter, (which is awesome by the way,) but when I try to go to the Wii Shop channel, it tells me that I need to update the channel, and the only option I have is to select the Wii Menu.

I tried installing IOS 61 again, but I get the same error. What did I forget to do, or where did I go wrong?

TIA!
smile.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm you read through 39 pages?
wow, i wouldnt thats for sure.

anyways did you say no to the sig hash check when patching IOS 61 with DOP-IOS?
saying yes causes problems with the shop channel.

you can try to get the latest shop channel wad with NUSD and install it.

chaonatic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
anyways did you say no to the sig hash check when patching IOS 61 with DOP-IOS?
saying yes causes problems with the shop channel.

you can try to get the latest shop channel wad with NUSD and install it.
I made the mistake of saying yes to the sig hash initially, so I went back and installed it saying no to the sig hash after that. I still get the same thing. I actually tried redownloading IOS 61 and installing it, just in case something was amiss with the files themselves, but at that instance it said it couldn't find the IOS on the card (different card though so maybe that was the issue that time.)

Thanks for your great guide, xzxero, and thanks also for your quick reply!
smile.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
xzxero said:
DaRk_ViVi said:
I used this guide to hack a new (a month old or so) Wii. Everything fine but when I try to load a backup from Disc Channel (I used the System Menu: 249 option in Preloader) it loads the banner but won't start the game (Sorry but there is an error. Eject you disc and turn off the Wii etc.).

I followed the "Online Guide" step to step, and it's not the first Wii i modded (I did 6-7 before, but without this Guide). :\

I also tried to install the Neogamma Wad with Wad Manager 1.5, but i get an "error ret -112" (or something like that) during the installation.
frown.gif
Changing the IOS to 249 doesnt always work.
try a backup launcher instead.
error -112
im pretty sure its -1022

that means you didnt do the trucha bug restorer steps correctly.
do em over. slowly.

It was a problem of the Wad, i downloaded another one and was working fine.
smile.gif

The Disc channel error remains, but no problem he will use the neo gamma channel. ^^

FoolishDreamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to do the online method, I installed dvdx, bootmii as boot2, all the trucha bug restorer and the Custom IOS38 Installer. Now I'm at the Dop-IOS but everytime I try to install something it just stops at Initializing Network and nothing else happens. I tried to wait for an hour but still nothing. Did I miss'd something?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neokingster said:
is it safe to do and if done can u play online?
of course why wouldnt it be?
were not here to brick our wii's man.

QUOTE(FoolishDreamer @ Sep 27 2009, 08:58 AM) Hi, I'm trying to do the online method, I installed dvdx, bootmii as boot2, all the trucha bug restorer and the Custom IOS38 Installer. Now I'm at the Dop-IOS but everytime I try to install something it just stops at Initializing Network and nothing else happens. I tried to wait for an hour but still nothing. Did I miss'd something?
thats weird. did you change your wifi settings at all?

try erasing them and creating it again.

if all fails, go for the offline method

Skittles

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have my wii turned off for several months and now i want to get back to the fun so i intend to update it.

i have my wii v3.3E hardmoded with wiikey1.

Does this tuturial fits my case, since it is already hacked with wiikey?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skittles said:
Hi,

I have my wii turned off for several months and now i want to get back to the fun so i intend to update it.

i have my wii v3.3E hardmoded with wiikey1.

Does this tuturial fits my case, since it is already hacked with wiikey?
it fits everyone's case

read through the FAQ before posting

rand0mher0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
M0rd0r said:
I have read that Nintendo have get the Opera Browser free .. how can I get it ?
If you have a 4.1 wii, download it with the shop channel
else find a wad of it and install it

I would do that, but my Shop Channel wont load, i load the channel and click start, and then it just stays at a black screen, and my wiimote is disconnected from the wii, and i cant get it to connect, meaning the wii is frozen, i have to unplug it to get it to shut off, it worked before i did this mod. Can anyone help me out?

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after backing up the NAND, what exactly does the "bootmii" folder contain that it needs to be moved from the SD card to somewhere else? I thought it contained the NAND, but theres another file outside of the "bootmii" folder called "nand.bin." Do I move this on the SD card too? and what about the file "keys.bin"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь