3. 145 voter(s)
  1. xzxero

OP xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    your welcome guy enjoy it

2. embeth

embeth Member
    Newcomer

i havent got an sd card big enough to do the nand dump. is it safe to skip that step (safe but stupid?) cause i tried the other nand dumps with usb and they didnt work

3. ToneEQ

ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

You can skip it, but very foolish if you do.

The other NAND dumps cannot be restored by BootMii so don't bother. For the protection it can offer, it's worth buying a bigger SD card, think of the money you're probably going to save anyway.

4. mark.m.moran

mark.m.moran GBAtemp Regular

Hi guys,
    First BIG BIG thanx and WELL done on a fantastic guide xzxero!!

I am doing a Wii for a mate tonight and pretty sure it was never connected to the Internet and never updated. Thus I think it has a really LOW software version on it. I don't have a copy of Mario Kart with an update on it but I am wondering if I do a system update to 4.1 (the latest??) do I mess up my chances of using this guide?

What other games contain low version updates? Pretty much all of my games are backups....

Cheers,
    M

5. DaveMode

DaveMode Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought I followed guide perfectly, but now I can't get into my Wii Menu (like it's bricked). BootMii comes up fine (so I can get into homebrew channel) but if I try to go to the Wii Menu I get a black screen with 4.1U in the lower right hand corner. I even tried using the nand backup I made before I started all this but it tells me that it's from a different Wii, and exits out. Help!

EDIT: Nevermind.. got it all sorted. Blindly enabled all hacks in my hackmii.ini. When I disabled a few, I was back in action. Still not too hapy that my nand backup seems to not work.

6. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Anyone thinking of doing this might want to hold off for now.

Nintendo released system menu 4.2 and if you update your system menu first before doing this guide it will not work because 4.2 killed the bannerbomb hack along with HBC and other things.

Just wait until the guide gets re written with the smash stack or indiana pwns hack.

7. xzxero

United States
    really? ima research asap. good looks on the heads up!

8. Deviyl

Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Looks real, but not official yet..

9. xzxero

United States
    its on wiibrew, it real.

i suggest you put the same or similar warning i put on my post, unlesss you already have.

10. gbaguy

gbaguy Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi xzxero,

It only appears that way to me, I can't say I'm sure as I don't know how to verify if it installed it one way or the other (i.e. Sig Hash or no Sig Hash). As you know, there are two prompts after initially pressing A to install IOS61. At the second prompt , it goes straight through and the word Yes is still on screen as my answer to the prompt. And the install continues even if I press "anything other than A" to supposedly cancel. Anyway, I just proceeded through to the rest of the instructions without further issue. So far I haven't noticed any problems.

How can I verify if IOS61 installed correctly or not? I have never used the Wii Shop Channel before, is it safe to with a hacked Wii? BTW, back on the System Menu, the Wii Shop Channel shows the words "You can delete this after viewing the video" (from Wii Sports Resort? I was playing the retail game.).. Can I remove that message? I didn't notice it until a friend asked me what that means.

Also, since I was asked this the other day, can I run Wii backups from any region like PAL discs now?

Thanks a lot for your help.

11. xzxero

United States
    if you press any other button it will cancel it, rest assured.

Yes you can use the shop channel safely, but not now with this new 4.2 update.

yes you can run backups from other regions using neogamma or softchip or cioscorp.

12. Aod116

Aod116 Newbie
    Newcomer

i followed the guied and installed everything poperly but every time i install a wad it wont work ethier telling me me that the channel is not avalible or it loads to a black screen what should i do ?

13. Eichro

Eichro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    After following the guide, everything [I tried] seemed to work as it should. Thanks for the guide.
    But there's a little problem... Upon using the SD Card menu on System Menu 4.1, my Wii freezes. Do I have to take out the .dol from Hackmii Installer or something?

14. xzxero

United States
    delete the private folder.

15. gonzalomorenorov

Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Thanks for this great guide. I followed it a week ago and it worked like magic!
    I was looking for something like this fr a friend, but now i have a question
    Will I be able to follow the guide, skiping the Firmware Upgrade step, if im in 4.1 or below?
    Thanks again. Great work here.

16. Zard

Zard Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi ! This is my first post here !

I found your forum and I trust it.
    I bought my wii last day ..my wii have LU66 serial key and 3.4u version
    For hack my wii , I choose offline method and read carefully the step.
    My problem is my files are not identical of your guide.
    Extract modoff in my sd card, and extract NUSDv12.zip, when I start NUSDv12, the only option for me is click on “ generate Certs “ after it’s possible for me to start the procedure.

First I choose system menu, v449 ( I live in Canada) and complete guide, when I finish I don’t have : key.bin file, cert.sys have 2,50kB not 3kB, 00000026 have 1.84MB not 192KB , 00000024 have 1,92MB not 192KB

On my SD card all file is ok exept 00000001 have 12 MB not 9,6 MB
    I try to understand why I don’t have the same size of the guide, but I don’t found and dont take a chance to put SD card on my wii if the files is not ok !! [​IMG]

Sorry if my English is poor hehehe I prefere your forum than French forum with the older method and not appropriate for LU64++

Thank for help

(ps) i put a Latest database code in a database.xml

17. xzxero

United States
    just 4.1 users can skip this step

18. pakistexican88x

pakistexican88x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, nothing in the Online method is affected, correct?

19. xzxero

United States
    or the offline method so long as your on 4.1 of lower.

20. Bookwormz13971

Bookwormz13971 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello I made it to step 4 (Offline) where it says:

4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
    When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
    Press A to open from SD.
    Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [or System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users] and exit.

Okay when I did it it seemed to freeze halfway through ( I sat there for like 10 min waiting for it to get through and I was scared to turn it off so I just went ahead and went to school and when I came home apparently my nephews came over earlier and (without my permission) turned off the power. They said it wasn't doing anything so they turned it off to play a game. Now I have a problem. The wii starts okay displaying Wii, HBC, etc. I stopped at step four so I try this again so I use my GC controller and go to HB channel. I go to WAD manager 1.5 and load it. When it time to press A I realize my Wii controller doesn't work. It's as if my Wii isn't picking them up (I have 2) so I wanted to know if you had any ideas or did something go horribly wrong on my part. I have replaced the batteries, tried resyncing, I even unplugged my Wii and took the batteries out of my remote and let it sit there for a few min. And nothing seems to work.

I also did not have Wii 4.1 or above.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modify, below,