ZakMcRofl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
xzxero said:
ZakMcRofl said:
All the more reason to mention it, isn't it?
For example in the "after modding" part.
"If you have a very new Wii and it fails to run backups from DVD, you may have a drive with the new D3-2 chipset. For now, you're going to have to use a USB loader.
happy?
sorry you had a d2-3 drive btw.

Thankfully it wasn't mine and the friend who uses it prefers USB anyways. But thanks for adding it, it may help others.
I'm wondering why this chipset isn't a bigger issue by now, I recon all new Wii's will be affected (his didn't come from service)

fraeggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sendblink23 said:
Hey could I run ISO's from my SDHC, its a 32gb I surely want to give some use for it
I copied all the files from the SD card where I installed everything for the wii to that SDHC card and it works fine in the wii... I just wonder if its possible since i see it inside NeoGamma *SDHC WBFS (I tried googling partitioning SD cards but I couldn't make it work... any ideas?

Just an idea to save my self from bad burnings on to DVDs from bad game ISO's

I hope you do not simply copy the ISO. Format the SD with WBFS and Inset the ISO with it.
Must work.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:
Hey could I run ISO's from my SDHC, its a 32gb I surely want to give some use for it
I copied all the files from the SD card where I installed everything for the wii to that SDHC card and it works fine in the wii... I just wonder if its possible since i see it inside NeoGamma *SDHC WBFS (I tried googling partitioning SD cards but I couldn't make it work... any ideas?

I hope you do not simply copy the ISO. Format the SD with WBFS and Inset the ISO with it.
Must work.

Won't that (Formatting the SD with WBFS) erase all the Apps (roms, homebrew applications, etc...) DATA inside the SD card?

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I know this has probably been answered a thousand times but lets say if a 4.3 Software Update comes out.. Is it safe to update or must you do it another way..

Ive read up that you must use a preloader or something to update...

Im unsure..

Btw I used your guide. Worked great..

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys having a problem ive been following the install instructions and first problem was in this part >
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
* if it asking to install IOS36, then press B to go back to the IOS selection screen.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

i couldnt see ios 249 listed so i just selected ios 60 ,but i messed it up i never noticed the (-) at this section, i pressed A twice and then did the ios 61 bit now in the next section i dont get ios 249 listed what can i do ????>

4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users; System Menu-NUS-v448.wad for ntsc-j users] and exit.

im trying the 3.x-4.1e any help appreciated

fraeggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sendblink23 said:
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:

Must work.

Won't that (Formatting the SD with WBFS) erase all the Apps (roms, homebrew applications, etc...) DATA inside the SD card?

Jepp. Therefor use another SD and have the loader installed as a channel. Otherwise there is no way. Or use a USB-Stick.
But why don't you do it like me and many others??? USE USB HARDDRIVE. Fast, big, cheap...........

ddicom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide last week on a 4.2 system, and there was a "Run Dop-IOS MOD" step which is now not there? Why was it removed? Why I'm asking is because my system hangs on step 4b while it says "Initializing Network".... what should I do?

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddicom said:
I used this guide last week on a 4.2 system, and there was a "Run Dop-IOS MOD" step which is now not there? Why was it removed? Why I'm asking is because my system hangs on step 4b while it says "Initializing Network".... what should I do?

hi there just wpndering do you have your wifi and and wirless connection enabled ? if not thatcould be the problem

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddicom said:

hi there just wondering do you have your wifi and and wirless connection enabled ? if not thatcould be the problem

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:

Must work.

Jepp. Therefor use another SD and have the loader installed as a channel. Otherwise there is no way. Or use a USB-Stick.
But why don't you do it like me and many others??? USE USB HARDDRIVE. Fast, big, cheap...........

simple I don't have an extra hard drive or usb flash drive =P

But I do have an extra SDHC card 15gb, that is where I installed originally all the homebrew before passing it to the 32gb card, yes I do have the *Extra channel of NeoGamma R7... so yeah thanks for mentioning to just use an extra sd card only formatted to WBFS.

Do you have a simple tutorial to do the USB loader thing, I haven't installed anything related to it... so that when I manage to get an extra hard drive I shall have everything already set up in my wii for it? Or as of having already Neogamma R7 it already boots the USB devices ?

Thnx - Tested a game in the sd card with WBFS it worked
wink.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadster said:
Seriously!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Oh man!!! Is that the only way?
most likely. the wii's doesnt like dvd+r's

Majroa said:
xflak40 said:
try another wiimote, it could be faulty or damaged, i've heard of that happening b4

Other wiimote also doesn't work..

do the steps over, read em slowly, you obviously messed up somewhere.

QUOTE(ZakMcRofl @ Oct 17 2009, 01:03 AM) Thankfully it wasn't mine and the friend who uses it prefers USB anyways. But thanks for adding it, it may help others.
I'm wondering why this chipset isn't a bigger issue by now, I recon all new Wii's will be affected (his didn't come from service)
its not really a big deal now with USB loaders.

QUOTE(sendblink23 @ Oct 17 2009, 02:08 AM)
you can backup man, its that hard to use logic.
and some partitioning programs dont erase your files

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
I know this has probably been answered a thousand times but lets say if a 4.3 Software Update comes out.. Is it safe to update or must you do it another way..

Ive read up that you must use a preloader or something to update...

Im unsure..

Btw I used your guide. Worked great..
who knows, most likely it will be another attempt from N to rid of homebrew.
so wii's will be unhackable for like a day or something.

rookrook said:
hey guys having a problem ive been following the install instructions and first problem was in this part >
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
* if it asking to install IOS36, then press B to go back to the IOS selection screen.

i couldnt see ios 249 listed so i just selected ios 60 ,but i messed it up i never noticed the (-) at this section, i pressed A twice and then did the ios 61 bit now in the next section i dont get ios 249 listed what can i do ????>

Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users; System Menu-NUS-v448.wad for ntsc-j users] and exit.

do step 1 correctly

ddicom said:
you have an outdated package.

QUOTE(Skittles @ Oct 17 2009, 08:39 AM)
I get a black screen on 3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Did all the steps correct!

Any idea why?
no you didnt or else it wouldnt black screen
have you tried again and same result?
do step 1 correctly

fraeggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sendblink23 said:
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:
fraeggle said:
sendblink23 said:

Must work.

simple I don't have an extra hard drive or usb flash drive =P

But I do have an extra SDHC card 15gb, that is where I installed originally all the homebrew before passing it to the 32gb card, yes I do have the *Extra channel of NeoGamma R7... so yeah thanks for mentioning to just use an extra sd card only formatted to WBFS.

Do you have a simple tutorial to do the USB loader thing, I haven't installed anything related to it... so that when I manage to get an extra hard drive I shall have everything already set up in my wii for it? Or as of having already Neogamma R7 it already boots the USB devices ?

Thnx - Tested a game in the sd card with WBFS it worked
wink.gif

No problem.
I am using WIIFlow for USB-Loading. i think it is a pretty good programm. Using a USB drive is nothing else like a SD Card.
Use WBFS Manager to get the drive ready and very important USE THE LEFT USB PORT on the WII.
Have fun............
yaynds.gif

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

do step 1 correctly

xzxero I re-did all the steps in your guide to the step below and still no joy
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

on the section where it says select the ios you want to dop i dont have a 249 listed ,i have 4,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,20,21,22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,50,51,53,55,56,5
,60,61,and 254 NO 249 my system is a 3.4e dunno if that makes a difference any ideas m8 ps atthe point of ios 60 on the list it saysnone under curently installed
thanx in advance to anyone who can help

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
if 249 isnt there then step 2 didnt install correctly

hi m8 just redid step 2 and still the same at step 3 , as i said before does it matter that my ios 60 doesnt have a version number listed it says under version number (none)?when i get to step 2 screen pops up, and says select ios version to use during instalation at moment it says 249 (but can be changed) guide says use ios 36 so i do it . the program goes threw the motions and says installing /finnished installation please wait ,press any button to restart . i do. now i load part 3 ios 36 pops up automatic on ios you want to dop so now im looking for ios 249 but still none is listed, any ideas what im doing wrong also dunno if this helps my hbc is upsidedown at moment im not bothered about that i can fix that so any answers anyone ??? do you thing a redownload of the package might be the answer?
thanx to anyone who can help

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded a PAL game, my Wii is NTSC U

First booting is green screen, I changed in rebooter Region Free *Yes, game loads, but the screen is Flickering

I'm guessing its my TV which is 60hz only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.