Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi:

i have a question - a friend asked me to mod a wii that has been updated to 4.3u. i downloaded the 43mod files and stuck them on the root of an sd card. does this have all the files needed to install hbc on a 4.3u wii?

the instructions here - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/smash_stack - say to do the following:

# connect the sd card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the sd card.
# copy the "private" folder from the smash stack download to the root of the sd card.
# grab a *.elf file (hackmii installer works) and put that in the root of the sd card.
# insert the sd card into the wii.
# go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.

do i need to do this? or is this automatically set up in the 43mod files?

thanks for your assistance.

cta2k3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the mistake of updating my wii when i was fixing my internet connection. after the update my homebrew channel was gone. I tried the smash stack exploit but it freezes when i go into stage builder. What else can I do?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
do i need to do this? or is this automatically set up in the 43mod files?

thanks for your assistance.

The guide tells you what you need to do.

QUOTE(cta2k3 @ Oct 17 2010, 12:02 AM) I made the mistake of updating my wii when i was fixing my internet connection. after the update my homebrew channel was gone. I tried the smash stack exploit but it freezes when i go into stage builder. What else can I do?

Try re-copying the files. Smash stack still works.

-Erik

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just telling you guys that darkcorp v1.1 onli works before the 10/9/2010 update

or does it?

i done darkcorp on 9/11/2010 which works

then i did 2 wii's on the lastest update which was 10/11/2010 and darkcorp v1.1 didnt work

soooo is there gonna be an update to enable darkcorp?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then run the ios236 installer as the guide says
smile.gif

-Erik

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatone313 said:
I have a wii soft modded perfectly using this guide for 4.2, I use a external drive and load games using the usb loader and I'm extremely happy. However I just downloaded def jam rapstar and Im having an issue since my external drive is using the slot the wii wants the mic plugged in. I tried using a couple different usb hubs however the wii doesnt like them. I currently tried burning the game to a dvd+r disc using imgburn set to 1x speed and loading it with neogamma 15 beta to only receive a disk read error 1045 I believe. So I need some guidance a good work around for this issue.

I had the same problem. I have the old rock band mic that is plugged into the opposite usb port than the loader and this is how it is working for me. Burned on verbatim dvd-r @ 4x and installed darkcorps v1.1 and it works like a champ. Works on Wii 4.2U Rev19 dark v1.1 and on 4.3U Rev20 dark v1.1. I am still trying to get it to work on usb loader gx. I am going to start a thread with the question of loader.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Did you even attempt to look in the cios.zip? Not 100% sure, but I believe I put it in there...

-Erik

Sorry for asking before checking. It is in there. do you know if they are v.5.1. My system is already modded can just add with the wad manager?
thanks again

Gene

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys just curious why hbc needs to run under IOS 58,whats the advantage of it?
and suppose that I have made a nand backup right after installing the HBC the first time do I need to make a nand backup again when I REINSTALL HBC to run under IOS58?(if it is not running under IOS 58 of course)

PS:
I always put all Homebrew applications and usb loader files in the sd card and they load from there
(if it has anything related to HBC's need to run under IOS58)

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you guys for the replies,we finally saw a reason to update to 4.3,i dont want to use the ios58 installer and updating to 4.3 would be good as I have the original adventures game
biggrin.gif

croson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used the old 4.2u guide 20 times and never had an issue. Today I picked up a Black wii and used the updated 4.2 guide and got to the wad install part and all it's installing is the 58 wad the rest get the -2011 ticket. It states that only 1 completed and 6 did not complete.

I don't understand what's going on and am stuck. I didn't install the 236 because as far as iI can tell that part of the guide is for 4.3 only.

The wii is on 4.2u. Someone please chime in and let me know what's up. There are quite a bit of steps that are diffrent in this guide.

Thanks

EDIT:

I was able to get past the truchabug part after about 10 tries logging in to the net and then finally reformatting the SD card. I got a little nervous because I initially skipped that part because of the part where it says ONLY FOR 4.3u wii's/ Please change that in the original post, (it's extremely misleading) I even tried to use the old 4.2u modify folder and it would not downgrade ios15. Anyway after trying again, everything worked out. Thanks again for AN EXCELLENT updated guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages