Modern Warfare 2 error

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Licardo7, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010

Modern Warfare 2 error by Licardo7 at 6:28 AM (1,045 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Licardo7
    OP

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Recently my PC copy of MW2 started crashing giving me this error:

"crate2dtexture(lightbox_n,1024,1024,0,894720068)failed: 8007000e= ran out of memory"

It used to be only a few servers but this weekend it just crashed everytime i even try to load up a server. This is really frustrating and google isn't helping any. I've googled it and they told me to verify my files with steam, I did it and still crashing. I tried to reinstall the game with the disk, nothing. I just don't get it, i saw alot of people with the same error. People posting errors of:

"crate2d texture" errors
    and
    "ran out of memory" errors

The middle is different but i think it's the same thing. I've updated my drivers on my 9800 gt, updated windows (i am using Windows 7 by the way), nothing is working. I've tested the game with different settings and it still crashes.

I have given up hope for Modern Warfare 2 unless someone can shed some light on this and help me with it.

Thank you in advance.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    a Google of that error code brought back one result of possible fixes here ..

link

3. Licardo7
    OP

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that website didn't help any. I tried all of what they said and still nothing. All they tell you is to ether verify your files or reinstall your game. Both didn't work.

4. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    ran out of memory [​IMG] well from theat error the site posted above tells you to change your texture quality settings, also perhaps changing your compatability settings could help solve this problem