Hacking Mlc extracted files

VinicimJF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good night, somebody can upload a fully mlc extracted files?
I need to replace some title'id files in my mlc dump to fix some wrong files.
Thank you.

Happy New year.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I didn't realize it wasn't case sensitive. I don't really know what that file does, but I'm thinking it's the ordering of games as well as where the cursor was saved to for each folder or on the normal home screen. I know I tried dumping the mlc several times, and that file was always not read properly. several bytes were cut off of it when I extracted it from the dump compared with what was on the system. it happened every time for some reason.

VinicimJF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That error is when there are blocks with bad hash....
You can maybe fix the files by injecting them, but you can't fix the folders, as their metadata is probably corrupted.

If you want that I will investigate that corruption and see if it is repairable by recalculating the hash you can send me the dump and otp privately

I am working those days to add writing capabilities to my tools, but it is going to take time, so deleting corrupted folder and readding it is not possible yet, but hopefully will be possible. I can write chkdsk like utility for wfs :)
Off course i can. But i don't know a free upload service that tive 32gb free space.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I do have the save, but I don't know if it would work for you, there's a separate folder for the user as well (second image). I don't know what these files do, but I think the icon database is the sorting mechanic of the home menu. however, that's just a guess.

1641499455021.png

1641499570228.png

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
btw, I do have the save, but I don't know if it would work for you, there's a separate folder for the user as well (second image). I don't know what these files do, but I think the icon database is the sorting mechanic of the home menu. however, that's just a guess.

View attachment 292624
View attachment 292627
Sine it is a save folder the files here aren't important and will be regenerated if you delete them. The issue is that his folder is corrupted.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sine it is a save folder the files here aren't important and will be regenerated if you delete them. The issue is that his folder is corrupted.
well, the thing is how did he dump the mlc if the system is bricked.? the only way I can think of is that he used a teensy 2.0++, after having dumped the nand with otp.bin minus the mlc. however, he shows mlc.img, which suggests it was a dump made with the rednand dumper. I think they named it .img. don't know if he can boot the system up at all or not.

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
well, the thing is how did he dump the mlc if the system is bricked.? the only way I can think of is that he used a teensy 2.0++, after having dumped the nand with otp.bin minus the mlc. however, he shows mlc.img, which suggests it was a dump made with the rednand dumper. I think they named it .img. don't know if he can boot the system up at all or not.
He said that his console is bricked. You don't need teensy it s the mlc not the SLC. You can wire it to emmc/SD card reader or something like that. But yeah some clarification will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, Ken that Rabbit thing is gonna flop so hard...