Miyamoto Talks Super Mario 3DS

vaXin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was hoping for a 2D mario game similar to super mario 3 (IMHO the best mario of all time).But still will pick up.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
CA519705950 said:
They're combining a game I hate (Galaxy) with my most-loved game of all time (SM64).
The world as we know it will end
mellow.gif
I didn't think it was humanly possible to hate Galaxy more then Sunshine considering how absolutely dire the latter was. I like the original SM Galaxy, didn't play much of SM Galaxy 2 because I got bored with it as it lacked much originality and felt far too much like the original for me. Still Super Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever and some of the elements will probably be merged with some of the elements from Galaxy for a new experience. I hope we get a more platformed based game that is focused around Bowser and castle running or something as opposed to space levels and flying which caused me some head aches on a few occasions.

Its possible with the help of different opinions and preferences.

Well for me, I really liked Sunshine, because that was my first 3D mario game and it kept me hooked.
Galaxy was so-so, but still liked it.
64, well, i never really finished it yet. :0

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope that Super Mario 3ds is more like mario 64 than galaxy, because I just couldn't stand another galaxy game (the 2 galaxy games were way too boring and easy). Mario 64 at least was a decent challenge.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxGuru said:
I sure hope that Super Mario 3ds is more like mario 64 than galaxy, because I just couldn't stand another galaxy game (the 2 galaxy games were way too boring and easy). Mario 64 at least was a decent challenge.

I second that. I hope it's a sequel to Mario 64 that would be pretty awesome.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lordrand11 said:
linuxGuru said:

I second that. I hope it's a sequel to Mario 64 that would be pretty awesome.
I don't have any proof, but I'm almost sure it won't be a sequel. It's going to have elements from 64 and Galaxy, but likely not the space elements.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
I'm guessing they're gonna use a tail instead of low gravity so they don't need to use space again.
Whey wouldn't need space anyway because it's not a Galaxy title, just like they didn't use FLUDD in Galaxy because it wasn't a Sunshine title...And have you ever played Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario 64?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Slyakin said:
_Chaz_ said:
For someone who calls himself 'GBATemp's Shiny Zigzagoon™', I'm surprised you forgot that Nintendo made Pokemon.
I was just pointing out the sarcasm in your post. Nintendo (I think) has a slogan that says that they make what the fans want.
Actually, they don't seem to have a slogan at all. Their consoles do, but the company does not.

Fun fact: "Nintendo" roughly translates to "Leave luck to the heavens"

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, those are two of my favorite Mario's.
biggrin.gif
And uhh, I guess I could have worded my comment better. Was just saying they're done with space, but not with flying. So they're gonna use a tail, instead of low g. Though that's my opinion.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
biggrin.gif
And uhh, I guess I could have worded my comment better. Was just saying they're done with space, but not with flying. So they're gonna use a tail, instead of low g. Though that's my opinion.
Low G wasn't their form of flight though; the Black Cap was, similarly to the Winged Cap from Super Mario 64, the Racoon Suit in SMB 2, and the Cape was in SMW.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
omgpwn666 said:
biggrin.gif
Low G wasn't their form of flight though; the Black Cap was, similarly to the Winged Cap from Super Mario 64, the Racoon Suit in SMB 2, and the Cape was in SMW.

Yeah, I never played Galaxy, not a Wii fan though. But thanks for the info.

luigirulze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OBJECTION!

Sorry, Miyamoto, but there's a serious flaw in your testimony: “It’s a combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario on N64". Fair enough. But later you described the game as "completely original, and coming this year.” Well, how can something thats described as a combination of two earlier games be considered original, hm? HMMMMMM?!?

Ok, the whole Ace Attorney facade is over now. On Topic, I reckon this game will be awesome! It's nice to see a new game in the mario series that isn't a spin off or a DLC (SMG2). Looking forward to seeing how the 3D supposedly makes it easier to judge distances, and what new and interesting things there'll be. Now, once they determine a release date I'll have to stop being a stingy bastard and try to get enough money to actually buy a 3DS instead of ogling them through display cases...
sad.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luigirulze said:
OBJECTION!

Sorry, Miyamoto, but there's a serious flaw in your testimony: “It’s a combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario on N64". Fair enough. But later you described the game as "completely original, and coming this year.” Well, how can something thats described as a combination of two earlier games be considered original, hm? HMMMMMM?!?

Ok, the whole Ace Attorney facade is over now. On Topic, I reckon this game will be awesome! It's nice to see a new game in the mario series that isn't a spin off or a DLC (SMG2). Looking forward to seeing how the 3D supposedly makes it easier to judge distances, and what new and interesting things there'll be. Now, once they determine a release date I'll have to stop being a stingy bastard and try to get enough money to actually buy a 3DS instead of ogling them through display cases...
sad.gif
objection.gif

There's a flaw in your logic. While he did say it was completely original, he obviously meant that it would be it's own game with elements from other mario games but unrestricted by a specific Super Mario Series.

luigirulze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
luigirulze said:
OBJECTION!

sad.gif
objection.gif

There's a flaw in your logic. While he did say it was completely original, he obviously meant that it would be it's own game with elements from other mario games but unrestricted by a specific Super Mario Series.

OBJECTION!

I was hoping to come up with a response while objecting.

... I didn't.

Yeah, I knew that was what he was getting at too, I just felt like being a dick, hahaha. Hopefully it just incorporates the best points of the games (Open world levels from 64, interesting new design ideas like galaxy). I'm confident they know what theyre doing though, judging by the logo it looks like theyre bringing back the raccoon suit, a MASSIVE win IMO
yay.gif

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people hating on Galaxy. Galaxy was the first game I bought for Wii and it is an amazing game.

There are power ups in Mario 64 and in Galaxy that let you fly for a short period of time. (not just glide).

QUOTE said:
Super Mario 3DS was announced by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during his keynote address at GDC last month. All that was shown were four screenshots and a logo, with the eager-eyed spotting a tail attached to the letter O in Mario.
Anyone know where I could see those 4 screenshots?

Master Mo said:
_Chaz_ said:
omg, Nintendo's finally getting their heads out of their asses and making what the fans want?!Sometimes fans don`t know what they want til Nintendo shows them: see Galaxy
tongue.gif

I`m quite happy to see them bringing back some things from SMB3 or SM64. Even though I love SMG2 (most definitely one of the best games of all time imo) I somehow missed the HUB-World. I really enjoyed the HUB-Worlds of SM64 and SMS very much and I hope they`ll bring something similar to that back.

Also nice to see them bringing back the Tanookie-Suit. I really hope they`ll put the Penguin-Suit from SNMBWii in as well. From all the new powerups of the latest games I think the Penguin-Suit is the best!

Oh, and I hope they don`t rush it. Mario games always have these wow-effects in doing something in a similar context from other games in the genre but it just feels completely new and I hope they accomplish that with SM3D as well...
When and where was the Tanookie suit confirmed? The raccoon mario and tanookie mario are different abilities, and both have tails. Tanookie is better, I'd like to see this confirmed.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Apr 22 2011, 05:46 AM)
This is the catalyst that'll explode 3DS sales charts. Looking forward to this game
smile.gif
I agree, and think that this should have been ready at launch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Well, the one that bought the NGP is about to be disappointed.

With a touch pad, a touch screen, 2 analog sticks and more than 10 face buttons, the NGP is going to be more like a Bop-It and less like a handheld console.

A Xbox 360 controller has ABXY, D-Pad, 2 analog sticks, 2 shoulder buttons, 2 bumpers, Start/Back, and even the center button (for opening the Xbox menu). I'm pretty sure the PS3 remote is about the same. If you can't handle 10 buttons then you're retarded.

As for a touchscreen, if you can't handle that either, then you're equally retarded.

EDIT: For the record, I'd easily say Galaxy was the best 3D platformer of the three. I never saw why people loved SM64 so much; I consider it inferior to like Spyro 3 or Crash 3. Don't get me started on Sunshine, I thought that game was absolutely terrible. Galaxy just delivered a game that was had great level design, interesting physics, and didn't add stupid mechanics (*cough* Sunshine *cough*).

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, people hate Galaxy here?Am I dreaming?

In every italian forum, Galaxy is considered God regardless of everyting...I don't love it, and I get lynched every time I say it xD

BTW, this SM3DS seems better, but I need to see a video...

Much more interested for Sonic Gens, tbh :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)