Miyamoto On Hyper Realistic Graphics

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is an very interesting anecdote from RetroStudios about Miyamoto, in which they describe how he and RS developed the idea of having a first-person-perspective and about the different visor and its implementation...

I think that is a little example of his genius and how he uses it in development!

(And he made TLoZ:ALttP... Nuff Said!!!!!)

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Range-TE said:
miyamoto is really awesome! unlike another nintendo guy i know....*cough*reggie*cough*
Don't say thay! Reggie is my hero, he's awesome!
smileipb2.png

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting read. Miyamoto does have some very good ideas, which can be seen in his past games. I'm just not a huge fan of some of his newer concepts. Don't get me wrong, some of them are still good, they just don't appeal to me as much as some in the past.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, look at FPS games of the past by ID and FPS games of today.
Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake all had different and unique narratives, but today many first person shooters are the same generic soldier fighting a war in very brown and realistic environments, or trying to emulate Halo.
Though bioshock was quite an exception to that.

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to prove myamoto's infinite talent you can just read about how he invented all the famous characters we know!!!!!!! that's an interesting read!!!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake all had different and unique narratives, but today many first person shooters are the same generic soldier fighting a war in very brown and realistic environments, or trying to emulate Halo.

You've obviously never played Quake II (although regular Quake was pretty brown too).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
RupeeClock said:

You've obviously never played Quake II (although regular Quake was pretty brown too).
Of course Quake was very brown too, but at the time the FPS genre was more diverse too.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
They are simply trying to be better than their rivals,” explained Miyamoto. "But my idea is pretty different. We try to be unique and different and try not to depend on the techniques of others. We try to be as uniquely creative as possible, and that's got to have played a part in making our games look different."

dry.gif

Anyway, lets see what he has up his sleeves this time, i could go for a change.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no one gives a shit about hyper realistic graphics on Donkey Kong or Mario. It's supposed to completely texture-less and cartoony. That being said, they did a great job on Super Mario Galaxy, though.

However, on some games, like the Metroid, F-Zero, and maybe even Star Fox, they'll need good graphics to compete next generation. Not to mention that Miyamoto saying "well, Nintendo systems don't need hyper realistic graphics" basically means "We don't give two shits about third party games that are actually of quality and that aren't overly cartoony".

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And here's what someone from Microsoft just said:
QUOTE said:
"I don't think it's just about console sales month in and month out because, frankly, if someone buys a piece of hardware and doesn't buy any games and doesn't go online then the experience becomes very limited. It also doesn't provide a benefit for our third-party publishers. If you dominate with first-party, you're going to shut out your third party. Our goal is to have as much exclusive content as you can." - Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg
Why can't these guys just keep quiet?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
X D D X said:
QUOTE said:
"I don't think it's just about console sales month in and month out because, frankly, if someone buys a piece of hardware and doesn't buy any games and doesn't go online then the experience becomes very limited. It also doesn't provide a benefit for our third-party publishers. If you dominate with first-party, you're going to shut out your third party. Our goal is to have as much exclusive content as you can." - Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg
it's m$ they always gotta run their mouth

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
now that the sky opened, look up into the golden shining sun and pray to myamoto to present his children with new innovative hardgamer-games
wink2.gif
:.
this thread is going to become just a hymn of praise, though myamoto have really genial ideas he also had bad ones, e.g. wii music:. hopefully he don't exaggerate with the innovations

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bladexdsl said:
X D D X said:
QUOTE said:
it's m$ they always gotta run their mouth

well if someone buys a piece of hardware and they can't play any games nor go online because the freakin' thing goes RRoD!?! COME ON!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol.