Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is my controller connected to the console via OTG cable while using Bluetooth. No blinking lights, but the console displays the charging indicator next to the controller icon.

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_110213.jpg
    IMG_20230511_110213.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: bbert

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What do you mean by in sync? Connected via bluetooth? What I'm getting at here is that the LEDs on the controller and charging indicator on the console can be controlled via software. This doesn't necessarily mean the contoller isn't being charged. That's all negotiated at the hardware level, AFAIK. You may still have a valid point, I'm just trying to get all the facts straight.
Sync via bluetooth. It's working flawlessly. one dot light indicator is on when I'm using it. But when I plug through wired. It'll blink all light just once and it will disconnect, no light indicator anymore. But all is fine. I'm just wondering if there's like a work around to charge the controller while I'm using my PS4 controller to play.
Post automatically merged:

This is my controller connected to the console via OTG cable while using Bluetooth. No blinking lights, but the console displays the charging indicator next to the controller icon.
I never got a charging symbol when I connected my PS3 controller through docked. I don't have OTG. I'll try to experiment later on then report. I'll barrow my cousin's wired cable for ps3 controller.

Last edited by bbert,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sync via bluetooth. It's working flawlessly. one dot light indicator is on when I'm using it. But when I plug through wired. It'll blink all light just once and it will disconnect, no light indicator anymore. But all is fine. I'm just wondering if there's like a work around to charge the controller while I'm using my PS4 controller to play.
This might be dock behaviour, or even your USB cable. I have certain USB cables that won't charge my PS4 controllers for example. I don't really use my console much in docked mode so can't comment on that.

On my console, plugging the USB cable via OTG while the controller is connected via Bluetooth shows the charge indicator but the player LEDs remain unchanged. If I disconnect the controller from Bluetooth and plug the USB cable, it flashes indefinitely like you describe as charging behaviour. This is what I would expect. I think your issue is related to the hardware somehow.

Reactions: bbert

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This might be dock behaviour, or even your USB cable. I have certain USB cables that won't charge my PS4 controllers for example. I don't really use my console much in docked mode so can't comment on that.

On my console, plugging the USB cable via OTG while the controller is connected via Bluetooth shows the charge indicator but the player LEDs remain unchanged. If I disconnect the controller from Bluetooth and plug the USB cable, it flashes indefinitely like you describe as charging behaviour. This is what I would expect. I think your issue is related to the hardware somehow.
the problem is the cable. I already replace it. It's charging properly now. Thanks again!

Reactions: ndeadly

San08

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have a problem with MissionControl. I have firmware 16.0.2 Atmosphere 1.5.3, hekate 6.0.4. I tried MissionControl v0.9.0, v0.9.1 and v0.9.2 but my dualshock 4 won't connect at all. Gamepad not showing up in connection window. Maybe someone knows what could be the problem? Thank you in advance.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all. I have a problem with MissionControl. I have firmware 16.0.2 Atmosphere 1.5.3, hekate 6.0.4. I tried MissionControl v0.9.0, v0.9.1 and v0.9.2 but my dualshock 4 won't connect at all. Gamepad not showing up in connection window. Maybe someone knows what could be the problem? Thank you in advance.
Try the archive bit fix in Hekate. If that doesn't work try resetting the controller via the little pinhole button underneath.
did stadia support get added? i havent kept up and didn't see it on the list.
No not yet. It won't be supported until Bluetooth LE support is completed.

Reactions: VashTS

San08

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try the archive bit fix in Hekate. If that doesn't work try resetting the controller via the little pinhole button underneath.

No not yet. It won't be supported until Bluetooth LE support is completed.
I made clean atmosphere reinstall and from third attempt controller connected to switch. Maybe it will help somebody too. Ty for answer.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on this ndeadly, I'll keep an eye out for LE support since most my controller use that protocol. My joycon drift is getting insane - with this I was able to keep gaming with a different controller

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know it's a hassle and was already asked, but will the WiiU gamepad be supported?

I know it doesn't have bluetooth and it connects through like a wifi hotspot to the console and there is UsendMii to connect it to Switch, but that's soo finnicky, not to mention the input lag due to network connected delay...

Would be nice if Missioncontrol could connect it nativly like the WiiU pro controller.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know it's a hassle and was already asked, but will the WiiU gamepad be supported?

I know it doesn't have bluetooth and it connects through like a wifi hotspot to the console and there is UsendMii to connect it to Switch, but that's soo finnicky, not to mention the input lag due to network connected delay...

Would be nice if Missioncontrol could connect it nativly like the WiiU pro controller.
Unlikely (by me at least). First and foremost, I don't have my WiiU anymore, so no access to the physical hardware. But in addition, it just sounds like a lot of work to implement all the WiFi stuff. I have too many other things to work on. If someone else did the work I'd accept it as a PR though.

Reactions: Spearel18

kraussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Works flawlessly with my Dualshock 4! Thank you so much! :D
Post automatically merged:

Oh, wait. I spoke too soon.

There's something wrong with the rumble, like one of the audio channels are being treated as a rumble signal. My DualShock 4 is vibrating in sync with the bass in Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I'm using the latest 0.9.2 of MissionControl and Atmosphere 1.5.4.

What could be the problem?

Last edited by kraussian,

kuroikenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an xbox one wireless controller the one that comes with a windows 10 adapter bought some years ago. Firmware recently updated. Switch won't pick it up during pairing, I guess it falls under the "*Not all Xbox One wireless controllers support Bluetooth. Older variants use a proprietary 2.4Ghz protocol and cannot be used with the Switch." category?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an xbox one wireless controller the one that comes with a windows 10 adapter bought some years ago. Firmware recently updated. Switch won't pick it up during pairing, I guess it falls under the "*Not all Xbox One wireless controllers support Bluetooth. Older variants use a proprietary 2.4Ghz protocol and cannot be used with the Switch." category?
I'm not sure which ones come with the adapter and which don't. It could also just be that you're on the latest controller firmware that uses a different Bluetooth version that isn't supported (Bluetooth LE). Easiest way to know for sure is to check the model number inside the battery compartment. The only version supporting Bluetooth is the 1708 model. If you have this model, you probably just need to downgrade the firmware back to the non-LE one. If it's the older model without Bluetooth, you may have some luck using it with sys-con and the wireless adapter. I can't say for sure whether it's supported though. I might be able to add support if not. Let me know.

kuroikenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which ones come with the adapter and which don't. It could also just be that you're on the latest controller firmware that uses a different Bluetooth version that isn't supported (Bluetooth LE). Easiest way to know for sure is to check the model number inside the battery compartment. The only version supporting Bluetooth is the 1708 model. If you have this model, you probably just need to downgrade the firmware back to the non-LE one. If it's the older model without Bluetooth, you may have some luck using it with sys-con and the wireless adapter. I can't say for sure whether it's supported though. I might be able to add support if not. Let me know.

Turns out mine was actually 1708 model, I downgraded the firmware and now it's working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

p.s. I guess there's no way to wake from sleep the console with the xbox controller since it's not paired until the console is on.

Last edited by kuroikenshin,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does missioncontrol support 16.0.3 and latest atmosphere and hekate beause i tried to pair dualshock 4 and Xbox one S controller with usb or without usb cable. tried do sync bluetooth. After updated to 16.0.3 from 15.0.1 stop working.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
does missioncontrol support 16.0.3 and latest atmosphere and hekate beause i tried to pair dualshock 4 and Xbox one S controller with usb or without usb cable. tried do sync bluetooth. After updated to 16.0.3 from 15.0.1 stop working.
Yes, it's supported. Try fixing your archive bits with hekate if it was working previously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi