The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I looked more into that.
snip
Honestly, even if they are using someone else's IP, they did all the work on creating the gameplay, story, music (assuming those are all original), and to some degree, the graphics. I can see why Nintendo (or TPC whatever) would not want them to do that, but it's still mostly original work. If they really care about their work, they would replace every infringing graphic with their own graphics in order to make it legal (ie not a derivative work) and then it would be fine to release, sell, or whatever they want.

D

Deleted User

OP
Honestly, even if they are using someone else's IP, they did all the work on creating the gameplay, story, music (assuming those are all original), and to some degree, the graphics. I can see why Nintendo (or TPC whatever) would not want them to do that, but it's still mostly original work. If they really care about their work, they would replace every infringing graphic with their own graphics in order to make it legal (ie not a derivative work) and then it would be fine to release, sell, or whatever they want.
They used slightly changed themes afaik. The only sound there was was a battle sound. (Atleast the build of Pixelmon from 2013)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was really curious about that, it's still up?
Doesn't look real to me. Vanilla MC can't render that much unless it's a really long cblock code.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have no idea.
They used slightly changed themes afaik. The only sound there was was a battle sound. (Atleast the build of Pixelmon from 2013)

Doesn't look real to me. Vanilla MC can't render that much unless it's a really long cblock code.
There's a TON of command blocks in that (watch the whole thing, it's really interesting)
But the graphics are just prerendered textures, using the data part of the blocks to make the max number of textures much higher than it would otherwise be.
Watch the whole thing, you'll like it :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, well. The biggest Minecraft mod which gave it some RPG elements and allowed players to battle has been sadly shutdown by Pokémon Company. This is kinda sad since it was one of the best Minecraft mods out there and it will be gone forever, no more developed and supported.

Link to PCGamer's article if you want to read or stuff
Should it been shutdown? Debate below.
I played Pixelmon once.
Uninstalled it after an hour.

D

Deleted User

OP
This would have made more sense 5 years ago when people actually still cared about Minecraft.

Except you, the one person who still does. You know who you are.
Well, excuse me princess.
There's a community which creates cool stuff so why drop it because there's a stereotype floating around? e.e

I played Pixelmon once.
Uninstalled it after an hour.
It wasn't that great, honestly. It evolved into something better but it only was good in multiplayer, singleplayer was boring as hell.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, excuse me princess.
There's a community which creates cool stuff so why drop it because there's a stereotype floating around? e.e
Actually, I do still play it from time to time myself. It isn't all that bad. I just like making shitty jokes.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I do still play it from time to time myself. It isn't all that bad. I just like making shitty jokes.
Meh, you're basically right. Great game, cancerous, and I mean CANCEROUS fanbase.

But anyways, wtf Nintendo? I'm in my rights to SHOOT someone that walks up to my front door. Doesn't mean I SHOULD. They should've just told him to stop profiting from download links to the mod. Fair Use, boys.

D

Deleted User

OP
Next on their list, any Nintendo related IP on the the Nexus forums to prepare for Skyrim on the Switch.
Pokémon Company issued this strike, not Nintendo nor Gamefreak.
But we can already see it happening. Even though you can use x character if you created your own asset for it.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon Company issued this strike, not Nintendo nor Gamefreak.
But we can already see it happening. Even though you can use x character if you created your own asset for it.

I remember Junichi Masuda of GameFreak being interviewed when promoting Sun/Moon, rather than scorn the people that have made fanmade games, he actually said they should apply to work for them. It just shows who handles the takedowns, GF only really develop the main series games, I don't know if they develop any other Pokemon game. Like Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, definitely not them.

D

Deleted User

OP
I remember Junichi Masuda of GameFreak being interviewed when promoting Sun/Moon, rather than scorn the people that have made fanmade games, he actually said they should apply to work for them. It just shows who handles the takedowns, GF only really develop the main series games, I don't know if they develop any other Pokemon game. Like Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, definitely not them.
GameFreak actually encourages stuff like this.
Pokémon Company on other hand will take anything down that violates their Fair Use rights.
I think Colosseum was developed partially by them, the rest might have been done by other hand.

Reactions: RustInPeace

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
It's real.
Yes.

Honestly, I'm upset. If they didn't like it, they could have shut it down when it began. At least Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst can't be taken down.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Just by naming it "Pokemon" they are playing with fire.

Pokemon Prism was a patch for pokemon crystal. All it did was having code that told the original game what to do. They didn't make any money off it or included the original ROM in any way, yet it still got taken down days before the final release. I hate them now. I've been waiting for that hack to finish for years. Sure, they are in their right to do so, but don't get surprised if the fans start leaving.
If they COULD take it down just for the name, they would have done so when the project began back in 2014.

Please don't compare this to Pokémon Prism. Pokémon Prism was a hack of an existing Pokémon game, using the assets from said game to create a new story. This is different. Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst may use the name Pokémon, but I don't see that infringing on any copyright law in the universe. This game was built from the ground up, based on nothing but one law student's desire to create something groundbreaking in vanilla Minecraft.

D

Deleted User

OP
I can't say I've ever heard of this mod, but still, I can't say it wasn't expected.
Even the creators agree that it was expected.
Honestly, I'm surprised they don't shut down some mods sooner, like this one:

That isnt a mod...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time