• No

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, well. The biggest Minecraft mod which gave it some RPG elements and allowed players to battle has been sadly shutdown by Pokémon Company. This is kinda sad since it was one of the best Minecraft mods out there and it will be gone forever, no more developed and supported.

Link to PCGamer's article if you want to read or stuff
Should it been shutdown? Debate below.

D

Deleted User

OP
There's nothing to debate. Regardless of differing opinions? They were within their right.
I guess but they killed the whole community which was behind it and supported it in every way possible. Also they killed high quality minecraft mod which some people only bought mc to play this mod.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I guess but they killed the whole community which was behind it and supported it in every way possible. Also they killed high quality minecraft mod which some people only bought mc to play this mod.
Can't say I feel sorry for em. There's a risk that any indie devs need to be aware of when dealing in fan made games. That risk is being shut down by the original/current IP holders. Regardless of if you're doing it to show your love for the series or whatever.

Reactions: Deleted User

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In more appealing news, Marshadow has officially been released today, Japan only, but won't stop sneaky hackers to use it, such as myself. It won't stop people from requesting it from hackers...such as myself. Really, none of this is new, of course such a mod would get shut down.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how Nintendo is like, "Wow these fans sure do love our products! Here's a C&D, stop having fun."

Breezing through that article, the term "Nintendo" is actually mentioned only once, and the thread title makes it clear TPC are the ones that issued the takedown. Of course just because Nintendo's not to blame here, doesn't mean they are strangers to arguably unfair takedowns, but this isn't their dealing. It's like when Game Freak got shit over Pokemon Go in the beginning, they didn't develop that, Niantic did.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how Nintendo is like, "Wow these fans sure do love our products! Here's a C&D, stop having fun."

Breezing through that article, the term "Nintendo" is actually mentioned only once, and the thread title makes it clear TPC are the ones that issued the takedown. Of course just because Nintendo's not to blame here, doesn't mean they are strangers to arguably unfair takedowns, but this isn't their dealing. It's like when Game Freak got shit over Pokemon Go in the beginning, they didn't develop that, Niantic did.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
'Tis a satirical comment poking fun at all of the C&D coming from Nintendo/GameFreak in recent months. Only meant to be a playful nudge at the events without being looked too deep into.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Tis a satirical comment poking fun at all of the C&D coming from Nintendo/GameFreak in recent months. Only meant to be a playful nudge at the events without being looked too deep into.

That must be satirical also because Game Freak hasn't issued takedowns, TPC, The Pokemon Company has. At least from recent memory.

XXXTORTELLINI

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"No surprise Pixelmon got shut down. Mod authors were making a "substantial income" from it. Fan made content should be hobby 1st, not a job."
@GavMakesGames on Twitter

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That must be satirical also because Game Freak hasn't issued takedowns, TPC, The Pokemon Company has. At least from recent memory.
Someone is sending C&D notices to people and I was making funny comment. Now the joke is soiled, you soiled it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It wasn't a funny comment to begin with, but whatever.
You win some, you loose some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ A Goddess can't always be perfect
On topic. Sucks to see this mod go, but they were technically using copyrighted images and other stuff to make it happen.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"No surprise Pixelmon got shut down. Mod authors were making a "substantial income" from it. Fan made content should be hobby 1st, not a job."
@GavMakesGames on Twitter

I looked more into that.

DIb59xu.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, well. The biggest Minecraft mod which gave it some RPG elements and allowed players to battle has been sadly shutdown by Pokémon Company. This is kinda sad since it was one of the best Minecraft mods out there and it will be gone forever, no more developed and supported.

Link to PCGamer's article if you want to read or stuff
Should it been shutdown? Debate below.
I can't say I've ever heard of this mod, but still, I can't say it wasn't expected.
Even the creators agree that it was expected.
Honestly, I'm surprised they don't shut down some mods sooner, like this one:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1