I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/11/microsoft-plots-2014-launch-for-xbox-one-in-asia/

Asian gamers will have to wait a year longer than their American counterparts to get their hands on Microsoft’s Xbox One, which will only be available in the region in late 2014, a year after its U.S. launch this November.

The new device will only be available in select Asian markets – Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and India – pegged as high-growth markets for the region’s booming gaming industry.

Hmmmm..... They plan to hit all major Asian countries in late 2014 except Japan. Gee... I wonder why? Maybe it's because the Japanese hate the XBox 360?

The Verge has more to say, including a quote from Famitsu.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4418144/xbox-one-launch-in-asia-late-2014

A Microsoft spokesperson told Famitsu that the company does plan to release the Xbox One in Japan eventually. No details were given for now, but Microsoft will hold an event in Japan at an "appropriate time" to reveal more information about the launch.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I thought the Japanese consumers would be one of their key markets and so this would be one of the countries with the first release date... this is going to give the PS4 another boost in sales if this turns out to be true

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest I thought the Japanese consumers would be one of their key markets and so this would be one of the countries with the first release date... this is going to give the PS4 another boost in sales if this turns out to be true
To this date IIRC, the xbox 360 sold only 2 million units in japan.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmmm..... They plan to hit all major Asian countries in late 2014 except Japan. Gee... I wonder why? Maybe it's because the Japanese hate the XBox 360?
Yes. They are waiting until they can offer the Bone with a bigger library and a smaller price tag.

Kurly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As someone who stopped off in Tokyo on my way back from Australia, I've seen first-hand how tiny the Xbox sections in stores are compared to even playstation 1, pretty much the only reason to own an Xbox in Japan is to play Shmups for which there is a considerable library of.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that the Xbox line pretty much floundered in Japan, can't say that part is too surprising.

Still, if the new features on your console are forcing you to give up ground in so many markets, maybe, just maybe, it's time to rethink those features. I don't know, just a thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...