Not open for further replies.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd guess Star Ocean 4 is just a timed exclusive for the 360. That's a lot of sales to lose on the Japan side. And Sony must have a crapload of fanboys if they're the only ones who buy their systems. o.O

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
Yeah I might try MGS4 at some stage, but I never liked what I played of the old MGS games, just doesn't seem my style of game.

I fail at stealth due to having no patience.

I would think you'd need to have more patience for FF13.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
All Microsoft announced was stuff that Sony already offered.
Thats not really fair to say... what about the new dashboard?

and the features coming with the dashboard

-netflix
-optional avatars
-conferences (like ingame private chat, but with multiple people)
-parties (not just restricted to ingame parties anymore)
-dashboard party games/gimmicks (photosharing, game show)

I mean, sony doesn't even have 1 on 1 ingame private chat yet.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Bob Loblaw said:

-netflix
-optional avatars

Agreed here. The entire party thing they showed off doesn't get enough love.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit they have conferences now? I've been wanting that forever. When I would play Mario Kart DS, we would turn on our 360s and go to a Call of Duty 2 lobby to have Mario Kart voice chat, and now we don't have to put the game in!

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
Linkiboy said:
Bob Loblaw said:

-netflix
-optional avatars

With all do respect but Netflix is TOO expensive, I mean:

- You are paying basicall TWO subscriptions to get the service.
- Optional Avatars are... well, too casual in my opinion, too kiddie looking. But the idea is cool.
- The PS3 already has that, up to 8 people, with video.
- All the other stuff, I don't know about.

I do love the new design of the dashboard, I think it looks cool. In my opinion Sony's XMB could be a LOT helpful if they would feature it as a menu at the botom or top, rather than showing tiny little icons in the middle of the screen.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VVoltz said:
Gaisuto said:
Linkiboy said:
Bob Loblaw said:

-netflix
-optional avatars

With all do respect but Netflix is TOO expensive, I mean:

- You are paying basicall TWO subscriptions to get the service.
- Optional Avatars are... well, too casual in my opinion, too kiddie looking. But the idea is cool.
- The PS3 already has that, up to 8 people, with video.
- All the other stuff, I don't know about.

I do love the new design of the dashboard, I think it looks cool. In my opinion Sony's XMB could be a LOT helpful if they would feature it as a menu at the botom or top, rather than showing tiny little icons in the middle of the screen.
You don't need live gold to get netflix...

And the reason I mentioned it was because its ingame... seriously whats the point of just having a conference? Its a gaming console. And now you can all chat in the same game without disturbing the other people on your team.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
-optional avatars

kind of like this, sorta?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainm...sims-242148.php

QUOTEWell, you have private and public areas. Imagine the Sims and the ability to customize your home, your body, your clothes, and your face. The 3D avatar and 3D environment actually looks pretty great, considering it's actually PS3-level graphics and not just something quickly thrown up (like Second Life). You can customize your personal apartment however you wish and invite buddies (other avatars) over to chat, play arcade games, launch multiplayer games, or just hang out.

Also Killzone 2 will implement private in-game voice chat.

edit: I just realized something. Anytime the 360 has a feature non-gaming related people tout it as a great feature (netflix, etc). But whenever you mention one of the PS3's great non-gaming features (blu-ray, video conferencing, etc) people say "who cares if the 360 doesn't have that it's a gaming machine it shouldn't have that!"
This is the sort of hypocrisy that goes along with the exclusives too. People always bash PS3 exclusives but then when they find out its coming to their system (see: final fantasy) suddenly their opinions change and it's a great game.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
QUOTE said:
-optional avatars

kind of like this, sorta?
...no?

home IS a game. The 360 implements it in a dashboard/guide way, so you can party up with your buddies while playing actual games, not some crappy virtual reality thing.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Home isn't a game. It's optional 3d avatars that you can use to interact with people (friends or not) to initiate private or public voice chat and/or play "actual" private or public multi-player games. Did you even read the article?

why do you think M$ implemented this new feature? because they knew Home was coming and needed something to compete so they made a rushed out version of it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
Home isn't a game. It's optional 3d avatars that you can use to interact with people (friends or not) to initiate private or public voice chat and/or play "actual" private or public multi-player games. Did you even read the article?

why do you think M$ implemented this new feature? because they knew Home was coming and needed something to compete so they made a rushed out version of it.
Yes, you can't get together and all get into a party of CoD4 with it. It's a 3D world. You can't be in home and in CoD4 or Bioshock at the same time.

So learn to comprehend before you make accusations.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now I know you didn't read the article.
Here I'll spell it out for you so it's easy to read.

You can go to the arcade with friends or non friends and play multi-player arcade games.

You can also go places like a bowling alley and pool hall much like the mini games in GTA4.

source 1: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainm...sims-242148.php

QUOTE said:
There are loads of public spaces as well. These can be generic arcade halls where you can play pool and bowl, or game company sponsored areas where you can play demos of their latest games and chat with friends at the same time. There could even third-party non-game areas like movie theaters and clothing stores where you can watch trailers, movies, or try on the latest overpriced shirt from A&F.

Source 2: http://kotaku.com/5019317/my-brief-surpris...s-ps3-home-beta

QUOTEThe arcade was the best area I saw. It has a few stand-up video game machines including a Chop Lifter-style game that's been shown before as well as a locomotive-stacking puzzle game. I tried bowling and found it about as basic as Grand Theft Auto IV's implementation.

Don't tell me to learn to comprehend when you need to learn how to read.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read the article, first and foremost. Even before that, long before I even knew about you, I've watched youtube videos demonstrating it.

Second of all: Learn to comprehend. As stated in my previous post, I don't mean those mini built-in games, I mean ACTUAL games like, I dunno, Halo, CoD 4, whatever. The 360 party system is for launching those games together as a party group. This is happening not as an application you launch (Home), but when you press the Xbox guide button. The 360 party system isn't a virtual world thing.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, you can't get together and all get into a party of CoD4 with it. It's a 3D world. You can't be in home and in CoD4 or Bioshock at the same time.

So learn to comprehend before you make accusations.

you didn't say anythign except "learn to comprehend" you didn't tell me what you wanted to comprehend...
lololololololololol lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means

I know what you meant and you thought you could only play those (cod4, etc). you had no idea there were built in party games. and now you are backtracking by saying they are different because they launch from different places. and I was supposed to comprehend this psychicly from inside your head somehow. lolololol

home is launched from the main dashboard and then from there you go to the arcade and play party games with the people you want or people you just met on there. So basically M$ just ripped off sonys idea and made it more generic and rushed out by putting generic party games into the dashboard.

sort of like they did here

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/23/nintendo...-sony-had-to-p/

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Put it this way, I'd rather have 360s party system than PS3s Home party system. If I wanted to chat with a group of friends locked in a virtual 'world' I'd play AC...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
I know what you meant and you thought you could only play those (cod4, etc). you had no idea there were built in party games. and now you are backtracking by saying they are different because they launch from different places. and I was supposed to comprehend this psychicly from inside your head somehow. lolololol
58288545ky5.jpg

That IS how they're different. We don't get generic minigames like you, we also get to play real games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol