Microsoft beat the cr@p aout of Sony on this E3

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by VVoltz, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2008
  1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Hell, no one was waiting for the huge announcements MS did.
    Kudos to them, I mean, MS doesn't ever give up until they either succeed or buy the winner.

Microsoft had the surprise element to its favor. They used it well.

On the other hand, Sony had the obvios BIG (HUGE) announcements, like God of War 3. Great game, system seller in my opinion. Basically my point is that everything that Sony announced was already on everyone's mouth.

While I'm not saying that either company is the suxxor or the roxxor, I mean that it is of gentlemen to recognize defeat when you suffer it.
    In the end, the only winners of these guys throwing so much munnies on their platforms are US, the gamers. Except Hadrian, nothing new for the Atari 2600 was announced this year =(

The FF13 announcement was also great news. The more people can play a game, the best.
    PS. No, this is not sarcasm, is my honest opinion.

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I think this topic is best posted in the 360 forum to avoid flamewar.

3. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    I was declared Unwelcome Guest there since November 2007.
    j/k

I would like to have a discussion. I bet Ze has some good points to make about any obligatory response.

4. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    Can't we just all get along? [​IMG]

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    This topic will be good until Bob Lawlob or whatever comes in valiantly defending the Sony until there is no tomorrow.

The only things good (for me) that came from this e3 were news on Gears of War 2, AC:CF, and ToV. I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasies, though I'll give 13 a try (since the last FF games I played was when I was pretty young).

6. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    While I think is a little bit cheesy. The dashboard redesign was a huge step, in the right direction.

7. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I really don't see the purpose of this topic existing in this forum, nothing good will come out of it. But I'll let it slide for now, just keep it tame...

8. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    Ehhh... well, sorry bout that, please move it wherever you see fit.

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Sony usually makes a fool out of themselves at E3, but this year they got completely fucked over by the FFXIII on XBOX announcement. They should just stop attending E3 conferences; it will make no difference to their fanboys, who are the only people that buy their gaming systems.

10. Gaisuto

United States
    Nono Voltz I said it can stay as long as a war doesn't errupt.

11. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Beat the cr@p...I wouldn't go that far. Beat Sony; yeah. (Not a Sony fanboy by the way; I'm a Ninty fanboy) They did really good with all the games they showed especially FF XIII. But in the end I expect most of the sales of FF will go to PS3. Why? Because their fan base is there. A FF fan wouldn't drop Sony knowing all of their past Final Fantasy games wont play on their 360. Of course FF fans stuck with Sony and guess what they'll buy it on the PS3. I cant see too many people buying it on the 360; only people who never tried a FF game.

12. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    The Final Fantasy announcement kind of pissed me off, I mean I'm rapidly running out of reasons for owning my PS3...

Hopefully a new Dark Cloud gets confirmed for the PS3, as I just I loved number 2. And hopefully Disgaea 3 can be as good as Disgaea 1.

At the moment my PS3 is just getting used as a bluray player. [​IMG]

13. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I'm not much of a current gen gamer, but MGS4 is said to be amazing.

14. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Yeah I might try MGS4 at some stage, but I never liked what I played of the old MGS games, just doesn't seem my style of game.

I fail at stealth due to having no patience.

15. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    do it make you fell better to spread your fanboyism?

16. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I enjoyed MGS4 greatly but god damn those cutscenes just went on forever. I probably still wouldn't have had the game any other way but god damn. When you install the next act (didn't bother me), make some fucking popcorn cause you're not just jumping into gameplay after that my friends.

The new 360 menu a good idea executed poorly I think. If it was a step forward, they wouldn't have needed to put in the mini-menu that looks like the old ones. At least that's my take on it. I'll need to actually browse them before I fully condemn them (and one way or another, I have to use them anyways). Now what I do want is Fable 2. And some of that GEARS 2. A little co-op in both and I'm happy enough. I haven't followed Fable 2 much at all so it should be a bit of a treat.

Sony's conference really didn't wow me with anything though. I don't care about pre-rendered videos for MAG or God of War 3. I didn't care about videos on 360 and I certainly don't care when it hits PS3 as well. I mean, I'm trying to like my PS3. Honestly. But I'm starting to think it was a bad purchase (I have most the games I want to play these days on 360 already). At least I can look forward to Disgaea 3 and FF XIII depending on how it compares to the 360 version and that it is nothing like XII as I hated it. People may notice that I'm not one of those folks that believes everything Sony and their fans shovel. I rely on facts and not assumptions or slurs.

Might as well toss Nintendo in. Didn't care at ALL for their conference. I love my Wii but damn was that boring. It costs $60 here to assemble a Wii remote and nunchuk. Now they want another bunch of money ontop of that for a controller? The things are going to start to cost more than the fucking games!

17. morcar

Member morcar GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think sony were just out in front to be honest although the games sony showed were really good and not once was i bored with watching it. Unlike M$ who once they went into xbox live and the music thing bored me to tears.

M$ still has to address the issues of RROD which i think if they dont then it will be the downfall of the 360. All versions of the 360 so far still have RROD no matter what they do to them.

18. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    All Microsoft announced was stuff that Sony already offered.
    1) HDD installs for games on consoles was introduced by Sony with the PS2. So, they ripped that one off.

2) Remote access to the Live store. Hmm, wonder where they got this from. Not only can you access PSN from your computer but you can access from your PSP!

3) A couple good 360 exclusives (Gears of war 2, fable 2, tales of vespiria, etc.) just like Sony announced a couple good exclusives (god of war 3, inFamous, MAG, etc.).

So of course Sony's E3 conference was going to "suck" because they already offered all the stuff M$ said they would now offer.
    So, if M$ did anything it was almost catch up to sony's offerings, to set the standard liek Gaisuto said, not beat the crap out of.

linki, you mean tot say this topic will GET GOOD when bob loblaw comes in. [​IMG]

19. Gaisuto

United States
    1) The difference here is that for the 360, it's optional, just a perk. The PS3 forces you to do it.

2) That's not called ripping off it's called Setting the Standard.

3) Truth.

20. Apex

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan

Sorry, I can't agree; I'm not a fan boy and I bought a PS3. Believe me, I'm on the verge of regretting it, just as soon as they lose one more exclusive.

I already lost my coveted Star Ocean 4. :*(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.