Microsoft beat the cr@p aout of Sony on this E3

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by VVoltz, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XeonZ

XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2006
    United States
    Stato del sole
    Honestly I'd guess Star Ocean 4 is just a timed exclusive for the 360. That's a lot of sales to lose on the Japan side. And Sony must have a crapload of fanboys if they're the only ones who buy their systems. o.O

2. XmemphistoX

XmemphistoX Advanced Member

Aug 16, 2003
    United States
    I would think you'd need to have more patience for FF13.

3. feds4u

feds4u Banned

Banned
    Mar 24, 2008
    United States
    In your neighborhood.
    Nintendo wins the show financialy.

MS wins the hearts and minds of hardcore games.

4. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Thats not really fair to say... what about the new dashboard?

and the features coming with the dashboard

-netflix
    -optional avatars
    -conferences (like ingame private chat, but with multiple people)
    -parties (not just restricted to ingame parties anymore)
    -dashboard party games/gimmicks (photosharing, game show)

I mean, sony doesn't even have 1 on 1 ingame private chat yet.

5. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Agreed here. The entire party thing they showed off doesn't get enough love.

6. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Shit they have conferences now? I've been wanting that forever. When I would play Mario Kart DS, we would turn on our 360s and go to a Call of Duty 2 lobby to have Mario Kart voice chat, and now we don't have to put the game in!

7. VVoltz
    OP

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    With all do respect but Netflix is TOO expensive, I mean:

- You are paying basicall TWO subscriptions to get the service.
    - Optional Avatars are... well, too casual in my opinion, too kiddie looking. But the idea is cool.
    - The PS3 already has that, up to 8 people, with video.
    - All the other stuff, I don't know about.

I do love the new design of the dashboard, I think it looks cool. In my opinion Sony's XMB could be a LOT helpful if they would feature it as a menu at the botom or top, rather than showing tiny little icons in the middle of the screen.

8. Linkiboy

May 14, 2006
    United States
    You don't need live gold to get netflix...

And the reason I mentioned it was because its ingame... seriously whats the point of just having a conference? Its a gaming console. And now you can all chat in the same game without disturbing the other people on your team.

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Also Killzone 2 will implement private in-game voice chat.

edit: I just realized something. Anytime the 360 has a feature non-gaming related people tout it as a great feature (netflix, etc). But whenever you mention one of the PS3's great non-gaming features (blu-ray, video conferencing, etc) people say "who cares if the 360 doesn't have that it's a gaming machine it shouldn't have that!"
    This is the sort of hypocrisy that goes along with the exclusives too. People always bash PS3 exclusives but then when they find out its coming to their system (see: final fantasy) suddenly their opinions change and it's a great game.

10. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Well, kinda even know,
    Microsoft released 360 earlier then expected, in return they got loads of Customer Service calls.

11. Linkiboy

May 14, 2006
    United States
    ...no?

home IS a game. The 360 implements it in a dashboard/guide way, so you can party up with your buddies while playing actual games, not some crappy virtual reality thing.

12. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Home isn't a game. It's optional 3d avatars that you can use to interact with people (friends or not) to initiate private or public voice chat and/or play "actual" private or public multi-player games. Did you even read the article?

why do you think M$ implemented this new feature? because they knew Home was coming and needed something to compete so they made a rushed out version of it.

13. Linkiboy

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Yes, you can't get together and all get into a party of CoD4 with it. It's a 3D world. You can't be in home and in CoD4 or Bioshock at the same time.

So learn to comprehend before you make accusations.

14. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Ok, now I know you didn't read the article.
    Here I'll spell it out for you so it's easy to read.

You can go to the arcade with friends or non friends and play multi-player arcade games.

You can also go places like a bowling alley and pool hall much like the mini games in GTA4.

source 1: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainm...sims-242148.php

Don't tell me to learn to comprehend when you need to learn how to read.

15. Linkiboy

May 14, 2006
    United States
    I did read the article, first and foremost. Even before that, long before I even knew about you, I've watched youtube videos demonstrating it.

Second of all: Learn to comprehend. As stated in my previous post, I don't mean those mini built-in games, I mean ACTUAL games like, I dunno, Halo, CoD 4, whatever. The 360 party system is for launching those games together as a party group. This is happening not as an application you launch (Home), but when you press the Xbox guide button. The 360 party system isn't a virtual world thing.

16. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    you didn't say anythign except "learn to comprehend" you didn't tell me what you wanted to comprehend...
    lololololololololol lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means lrn what comprehend means

I know what you meant and you thought you could only play those (cod4, etc). you had no idea there were built in party games. and now you are backtracking by saying they are different because they launch from different places. and I was supposed to comprehend this psychicly from inside your head somehow. lolololol

home is launched from the main dashboard and then from there you go to the arcade and play party games with the people you want or people you just met on there. So basically M$ just ripped off sonys idea and made it more generic and rushed out by putting generic party games into the dashboard.

sort of like they did here

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/23/nintendo...-sony-had-to-p/

17. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Put it this way, I'd rather have 360s party system than PS3s Home party system. If I wanted to chat with a group of friends locked in a virtual 'world' I'd play AC...

18. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
  19. Linkiboy

May 14, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG]

That IS how they're different. We don't get generic minigames like you, we also get to play real games.

20. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Well there's no point to let this keep going, there won't be understanding on either side. Gonna finally close this and end it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.