ROM Hack [MH4U/MHX] ROM Hacking Guide

lys1030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Dasding, do you have other images dumped from MH Exlore? Frozen Barioth and Flame Rathalos for example, thx!

Drai196

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyone here that know how to repack a .arc file with the mhff master tool correctly? I'm having problem with it and I would like to know how to use it correctly because my monster in mhxx have no sound and no hp or sometime no texture XD

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how i would go about editing time limits using these tools? Such as removing the time limit altogether, or increasing it to something ridiculous like 999 hours?

Also, could i create custom quests with randomized monsters in this?

Drai196

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

PEDRO-with_lowercase

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any script to take the animations from mhX?I alredy found one for the bones, but not for the animations though(wich i think are in .mrl)

Thanks in Advance!

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any script to take the animations from mhX?I alredy found one for the bones, but not for the animations though(wich i think are in .mrl)

Thanks in Advance!
Nope no script for that yet, also .mrl files are the material files describing the texture parameters and contain iirc compiled shadercode.

Drai196

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why but, I'm having this tiny error. I've been redoing everything(extract romfs,etc) and I watched the files if they were fine and they seemed ok no name changed or files added to it, but it still give the same error <-<

upload_2018-2-7_22-59-45.png

Drai196

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I ask how you extracted and repacked one .arc file alone?
I opened a cmd in the mhmoddingtool folder
Shift + right click
Then I typed :
Python tools\arctool.py -h
I looked at the positional and optional arguments
Then I entered for my fatalis longsword :

Python tools\arctool.py -c -i arcfs\.arc_index\romfs\data\pl_swo010.arc\arc_index arcfs romfs\data\pl_swo010.arc

so in brief...

python tools\arctool.py [path of the arc_index you want to use] [path of were the data is so arcfs] [path of the output]

The output is whatever you want so you are not forced to put them in the data folder of your romfs.

AaronDeAhmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maldives
I opened a cmd in the mhmoddingtool folder
Shift + right click
Then I typed :
Python tools\arctool.py -h
I looked at the positional and optional arguments
Then I entered for my fatalis longsword :

Python tools\arctool.py -c -i arcfs\.arc_index\romfs\data\pl_swo010.arc\arc_index arcfs romfs\data\pl_swo010.arc

so in brief...

python tools\arctool.py [path of the arc_index you want to use] [path of were the data is so arcfs] [path of the output]

The output is whatever you want so you are not forced to put them in the data folder of your romfs.

Thanks. I've actually found out that you can use Karameru (bundled with Kuriimu) to open .arc files and extract/replace the files in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...