Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright guys there PPF patch is here. Please be aware this is UNTESTED though as I have run out of disks. If what people are saying about modifications to the other dol files is true though then this should work fine.

Test at your own will, but be aware it may not work.

And for all the Europeans who have the resetting problem, don't forget to load through GeckoOS and force NTSC mode to make it get in game.

EDIT: Had a quick test and it all seems to work fine. The save menu also works fine which used to be in japanese whatever I did.
I did used to have bugs where the english text was too big for the box but I haven't encountered it so far. It may still be in there though.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay i will try this.
In the meantime could someone try the same with GERM for german language
wink.gif
?
Only to see if this is a problem with german language or something else.

And TeenTin could you make a patch too. Because for you it was definatly working right ?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
nIxx said:
Okay i will try this.
In the meantime could someone try the same with GERM for german language
wink.gif
?
Only to see if this is a problem with german language or something else.

And TeenTin could you make a patch too. Because for you it was definatly working right ?

Sorry but I don't know how to make a patch.
unsure.gif

P.S. My Wii is 3.2U + Wiikey + No cIOS installed. I start the game in the normal launching channel without using GeckoOS.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Working just fine on 3.2U, thanks for the great work! The only thing I noticed that is still in japanese are the "now loading..." screens, and the HOME menu. When you load a save, and it tells you where you are, I'm almost sure the narrator doesn't say anything, and the English text font is changed (isn't blue).

As you said, some of the scanned text are too long and overrides the textbox, also happens on the 2/pause menu, nothing to worry about, really.

Also, loaded my japanese save fine, too. Thanks again. ;p

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisRX said:
Alright guys there PPF patch is here. Please be aware this is UNTESTED though as I have run out of disks. If what people are saying about modifications to the other dol files is true though then this should work fine.

Test at your own will, but be aware it may not work.

And for all the Europeans who have the resetting problem, don't forget to load through GeckoOS and force NTSC mode to make it get in game.

EDIT: Had a quick test and it all seems to work fine. The save menu also works fine which used to be in japanese whatever I did.
I did used to have bugs where the english text was too big for the box but I haven't encountered it so far. It may still be in there though.

Thanks the patch works great here on my US Wii with WiiKey installed I did also use Brickblocker to get rid of the update so I still could be on 3.2U. It's awesome that we can enjoy the game in full english now and that we don't have to wait for god knows how long.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Haruhi said:
Yeah. I think this is reasonable confirmation of a US release. Kind of like DQ4 DS.

Yeah I think so as well since there were so many language files for other languages as well otherwise they wouldn't have been there. It's great to be able to play the best game in the Prime series with the MP3 controllers
biggrin.gif

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nIxx said:
Hmm okay it seems that after changing the main.dol, rs5fe_p.dol and then rs5mp1jpn_p.dol.
The game have problems to start on PAL Wii´s.

but looks like ChrisRX is from Uk so I guess he ownz pal wii also.. ?

I am on work still so I cannot check this out,but ill probably report how it went..

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which file(s) need to be patched? Only the main.dol?
And what app are you using to aplly it?
Thanks in advance, this translation is awesome
smile.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But he doesn´t tested it
wink.gif
And i burned it know 4 times and always the same problem (1 time i used ChrisRX patch the other times i changed it myself to german language) but everytime the wii locks up before the intro.

So would be nice if some PAL users could try the patch too and post there results.

PS: I have a PAL Wii 3.2E + Wiikey 1.9s (cIOS 7 is installed too)

@Linuks: Open your eyes ! look a few posts before

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
nIxx said:
Hmm okay it seems that after changing the main.dol, rs5fe_p.dol and then rs5mp1jpn_p.dol.
The game have problems to start on PAL Wii´s.

Have you tried patching the game to IOS249 using IOS Patcher ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi