Hacking Metroid Prime Wii De Asobu Issues

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that the game will work if you have a cios installed in ios35, ios53, and ios55? Has anyone confirmed this and is there a negative effect on the system by installing the above mentioned cios?

I really want to play this game, and since there has been no north american release date set, I am running out of patience.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
I read somewhere that the game will work if you have a cios installed in ios35, ios53, and ios55? Has anyone confirmed this and is there a negative effect on the system by installing the above mentioned cios?

I really want to play this game, and since there has been no north american release date set, I am running out of patience.

yea you need to install the CIOS35 this is for Disc Channel Loading or Backup Loader Gamma But i'm pretty sure wii power has a good version of SoftChip that works correctly with this game so you can use it also
But for the USB Loader it uses a USB Dip, not the Rev Dip like the CIOSCORP Uses so this would not work for USB Users , i'm thinking a Temp fix for the USB Loader users would be to dump the New Rev10 or Rev9 and extract out the USB Dip and make a new CIOS35 with the USB Dip and install it that might work to make this game playable until the USB Loader is property fixed for this game, I haven't tried this yet but it should work, Cause this is exactly what makes this game Work for CIOSCORP users so the same method should also work for USBLoader Users i thinking, a CIOS35 with the USB Dip added should make it work with the usb loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiBlaster said:
squablo said:

yea you need to install the CIOS35 this is for Disc Channel Loading or Backup Loader Gamma But i'm pretty sure wii power has a good version of SoftChip that works correctly with this game so you can use it also
But for the USB Loader it uses a USB Dip, not the Rev Dip like the CIOSCORP Uses so this would not work for USB Users , i'm thinking a Temp fix for the USB Loader users would be to dump the New Rev10 or Rev9 and extract out the USB Dip and make a new CIOS35 with the USB Dip and install it that might work to make this game playable until the USB Loader is property fixed for this game, I haven't tried this yet but it should work, Cause this is exactly what makes this game Work for CIOSCORP users so the same method should also work for USBLoader Users i thinking, a CIOS35 with the USB Dip added should make it work with the usb loader

I doubt packing the rev10 dip into cioscorp would make this game compatible. About cIOS35, you can always install the cioscorp version of the IOS the game requests instead of patching the game to IOS249. If you patch the game to IOS249, it doesn't matter at all what you do about the IOS the game originally requested.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
WiiBlaster said:
squablo said:

I doubt packing the rev10 dip into cioscorp would make this game compatible. About cIOS35, you can always install the cioscorp version of the IOS the game requests instead of patching the game to IOS249. If you patch the game to IOS249, it doesn't matter at all what you do about the IOS the game originally requested.

well see if the game is patched to IOS249, it will load but when you start a new game it IOS re-loads back to IOS35, so having CIOS 35 installed makes the game playable through the disc channel, but originally 1:1 unpatch version just having the CIOS35 well work also this has already been proven, cause this is the setup i'm using, now, i'm thinking this same method would also work with the USb Loader expect i would need a CIOS35 with the new USB dip instead of just the Rev Dip, I think it may work i think i'll try this later. Anyways it would just be a temp fix, for myself

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
???

If you have cIOS35 installed and launch the game with Gamma it works. If you delete IOS35 and patch the game to IOS249, it works in disc channel, Gamma and SoftChip. If you patch the game to IOS249 it doesn't know anything about IOS35 then. Oh and if you patch it to IOS249, but don't have an IOS249 installed, it doesn't work whatever method you use.

PS: If you had a cIOS35 with usb dip hardcoded to load that game, you maybe had a chance. (yes IOS hardcoded to the game, not the loader)
PPS: If that works, i know why there's an IOS250

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i stand corrected, I believe i got my wires crossed up

edit: Just tried a IOS222 and IOS250 patched version of the game, with the usb loader, i'm guessing thats the same has Using the CIOS35 with the USB Dip and it still restarts at the same place.
Well at least it plays good from the disc channel,

digao1980

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i've tested it with backuplauncher0.3, game with ios35 and it worked fine boot and play, I've only instaled cIOS rev9 and 10 from USBloader in my Wii, so I looked in backuplauncher0.3 source and saw files named multidol, than I think maybe that is the problem in this game, those codes make this games works in backuplauncher0.3 cos this game has 3 .dol, Am I thinking right?

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread rather closely.

I'm a huge Metroid Prime fan and I took the first opportunity I could to get it...I'm using the USB Loader, since I'd rather not destroy my DVD Drive through the inevitable overuse of the backup.

Anyways, so it is entirely impossible to get this game to run without hardcoding an IOS into the game itself? I understand that it's probably encoded into a boot sector itself (since the menu loads fine), and Ninty's first baby steps to prevent backups, but is there no way at all to patch the game to work correctly?

I'm not entirely versed in this kind of thing. All I want to do is play one of my favorite games of all time.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think using it from a DVD until it works in the USB Loader will be all that damaging to your DVD Drive. In fact, we're probably screwing them up more by installing all these games to our HDDs than anything.

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I got it working on a SM4.0U console with cIOSCORP installed using the 002 Fix Gamma Loader.
Didn't do anything to the ISO, other than the English patch. Works great, the entire game's in English, voice-overs too.
EDIT: Oh yeah, doesn't work from the disc channel just because region free on preloader isn't working.
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
digao1980 said:
Well i've tested it with backuplauncher0.3, game with ios35 and it worked fine boot and play, I've only instaled cIOS rev9 and 10 from USBloader in my Wii, so I looked in backuplauncher0.3 source and saw files named multidol, than I think maybe that is the problem in this game, those codes make this games works in backuplauncher0.3 cos this game has 3 .dol, Am I thinking right?

The multidol stuff is only used when you use the rebooter. Gecko OS 1.8 does some multidol stuff in the loader, but it's closed source. And the game works fine without that as it works well with SoftChip.

QUOTE(Dopply @ Apr 16 2009, 03:26 AM) I've been following this thread rather closely.

I'm a huge Metroid Prime fan and I took the first opportunity I could to get it...I'm using the USB Loader, since I'd rather not destroy my DVD Drive through the inevitable overuse of the backup.

Anyways, so it is entirely impossible to get this game to run without hardcoding an IOS into the game itself? I understand that it's probably encoded into a boot sector itself (since the menu loads fine), and Ninty's first baby steps to prevent backups, but is there no way at all to patch the game to work correctly?

I'm not entirely versed in this kind of thing. All I want to do is play one of my favorite games of all time.

Well if you IOS Version patch the game to IOS249 you "hardcode" the game to use that IOS. Since you need to patch the .iso anyway to be able to play in a different language than japanese, you should just patch the game to use IOS249 too.

It's not copy protection as other games did the same before, very old games. It could be possible to patch the game to not reload its IOS, but that would be very complicated(i only know 3-5 people who could be able to do it) and most likely it would only help this one game.

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
Just looked at the code and the difference would seem to be the setting of:
0x80000018 = 0x5D1C9EA3

This would not occur with the softchip code while it does in the Gecko/Gamma code.

Thats the code for saying it's a Wii Disc IIRC.

Congrats on finding it.

I've been grepping the code for rev90 and I don't see this. I see 0x80000018 listed as Disc_Magic in Memory_Map.h, but I don't see anywhere where Disc_Magic is used. Nor do I see the magic number declared anywhere. A little help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs