Metroid Pinball And The Rumble Feature....

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by WeaponXxX, Jan 16, 2008.

Jan 16, 2008
  1. WeaponXxX
    OP

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I just got my TTDS from GBAtemp and was trying to use metroid Pinball with the Rumble Pack...I played the game for like 8 minutes with no rumble....I checked the options box and Rumble is enabled...anyone care to help? How often does the Rumble kick in when playing Metroid?

2. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    To tell the truth, i dont know. I dont have a TTDS, instead an R4. But try blowing in the Rumble Pack thing.

3. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is there an option in the TTDS firmware for rumble? You could use DiagnoSe to see if your Rumble Pak is broken.

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Sounds like the drawback to swiping instead of paying really. It should rumble every time that ball gets flipper smacked, off a plunger, spring loaded bumpers, off a boss, etc. It's quite rumbly, very consistent with it too.

5. kreatosoupa

Newcomer kreatosoupa Advanced Member

Greece
    Yeah, it should rumble quite a bit. I have the M3 Real Rumble Pak, and it vibrates everytime the ball hits smth. If you boot the DS without the TT, does the Rumble Pak appear on the bottom screen? Or the game needs patching perhaps?

6. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies Im thinking the rumble pack might be faulty as...well I don't believe any patching is required...i will run the diagnostic software in a bit

7. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Sorry to double post but I just tried DiagnoSe and yea the rumble card just is not working. I may try and solder the two wires better?? Again if anyone has any hardware ideas I'm all ears [​IMG]

(Actually instead of rumbling my status light on my DS changes colours...hmmmm)

*Edit
    Okay so smacking and blowing the cart got it to actually work...however every vibrate does turn my status lite orange (battery indicator) is this normal?

8. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    This happens to me with loud noises when my DS is just on the point between the two colours.

9. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Since the rumble pak uses battery power from the DS, then if your DS battery is getting weak, it can change the battery color, yes.

10. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Faulty prizes? He win that from here or something?

My point is, don't expect perfection if you're not using it as intended.

11. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Just to clear everything up to future TTDS owners the rumble packs works great now. I smacked it around...and smacked it around...and eventually it kicked on and now works great. And yes on a fully charged DS the battery stays green...I was just too tired to think of that. Seriously I thought it might be a gimmicky toy but it does really make games like Magentica and Metroid Pinball a little more interesting.

And of course I know that with piracy comes flaws...saving and hardware linking has always been a biggie on that matter however the rumble pack being sold as a rumble pack...well I expected some rumble...

Regardless it works fantastic now [​IMG]