Gaming Metroid Pinball And The Rumble Feature....

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my TTDS from GBAtemp and was trying to use metroid Pinball with the Rumble Pack...I played the game for like 8 minutes with no rumble....I checked the options box and Rumble is enabled...anyone care to help? How often does the Rumble kick in when playing Metroid?

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option in the TTDS firmware for rumble? You could use DiagnoSe to see if your Rumble Pak is broken.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the drawback to swiping instead of paying really. It should rumble every time that ball gets flipper smacked, off a plunger, spring loaded bumpers, off a boss, etc. It's quite rumbly, very consistent with it too.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, it should rumble quite a bit. I have the M3 Real Rumble Pak, and it vibrates everytime the ball hits smth. If you boot the DS without the TT, does the Rumble Pak appear on the bottom screen? Or the game needs patching perhaps?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option in the TTDS firmware for rumble? You could use DiagnoSe to see if your Rumble Pak is broken.
Sorry to double post but I just tried DiagnoSe and yea the rumble card just is not working. I may try and solder the two wires better?? Again if anyone has any hardware ideas I'm all ears
smile.gif

(Actually instead of rumbling my status light on my DS changes colours...hmmmm)

*Edit
Okay so smacking and blowing the cart got it to actually work...however every vibrate does turn my status lite orange (battery indicator) is this normal?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like the drawback to swiping instead of paying really. It should rumble every time that ball gets flipper smacked, off a plunger, spring loaded bumpers, off a boss, etc. It's quite rumbly, very consistent with it too.
You make it sound like GBAtemp would be happy to give out faulty prizes because they're free to the winner?

(Actually instead of rumbling my status light on my DS changes colours...hmmmm)
This happens to me with loud noises when my DS is just on the point between the two colours.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the rumble pak uses battery power from the DS, then if your DS battery is getting weak, it can change the battery color, yes.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to clear everything up to future TTDS owners the rumble packs works great now. I smacked it around...and smacked it around...and eventually it kicked on and now works great. And yes on a fully charged DS the battery stays green...I was just too tired to think of that. Seriously I thought it might be a gimmicky toy but it does really make games like Magentica and Metroid Pinball a little more interesting.

And of course I know that with piracy comes flaws...saving and hardware linking has always been a biggie on that matter however the rumble pack being sold as a rumble pack...well I expected some rumble...

Regardless it works fantastic now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all