Hardware Emulation EZ Flash Omega DE - GBC Rumble?!

NewHobbyWhoDis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up anywhere on the internet yet.

I was just playing Link’s Awakening DX on my EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition flashcart. I beat the first mini boss, and almost sh*t my pants. My GBA vibrated. Took me a second to remember that this flashcart has a rumble feature built in for games like Drill Dozer, but I thought… can’t be. I saved and restarted the game a few times to keep beating this boss, and can now confirm that my EZ Flash vibrates every time this boss dies.
(For reference, it’s the Moblin in that first cave when entering Tal Tal Heights).

How is this possible for a GBC game, which originally had no native rumble, running through an emulator, on a GBA flash cart? Has anyone else experienced this with other games on the EZ ODE?

UPDATE - I have completed the game, and no other instances of rumble occurred.

Last edited by NewHobbyWhoDis,
Reactions: emcintosh

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had an external rumble pack for GBC that rumbled whenever there were loud sounds in game. I assume the flashcart is doing the same. Or maybe someone programmed rumble instructions for LADX into the firmware.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up anywhere on the internet yet.

I was just playing Link’s Awakening DX on my EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition flashcart. I beat the first mini boss, and almost sh*t my pants. My GBA vibrated. Took me a second to remember that this flashcart has a rumble feature built in for games like Drill Dozer, but I thought… can’t be. I saved and restarted the game a few times to keep beating this boss, and can now confirm that my EZ Flash vibrates every time this boss dies.
(For reference, it’s the Moblin in that first cave when entering Tal Tal Heights).

How is this possible for a GBC game, which originally had no native rumble, running through an emulator, on a GBA flash cart? Has anyone else experienced this with other games on the EZ ODE?
It's possible the ROM has been patched for rumble support.

Reactions: NewHobbyWhoDis

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition uses a modified Goomba which has GBC rumble support.
Do you have the signals for the rumble in firmware (as some flashcarts have anti-piracy patches), or does the user need to find a patched game ROM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1