Hacking Metroid: Other M - fix for freezing after the tutorial

rpotjtor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out the problem that so many people are experiencing in Metroid: Other M. After the tutorial, the game freezes right when Samus says "plan." It's not a problem with cIOS or anything. It's a problem with the ISO (Wiitard Proper). The movie file is corrupt.

The file is called dm03to04.sfd. In WiiScrubber, it can be found in the DATA partition. DATA/movie/dm03to04.sfd

If anyone who has a working version can please extract this file from their ISO (in Wii Scrubber, right-click, "Extract") and upload it for those of us without a working version, it would be highly appreciated.

Those of us without a working version, when and if someone provides the extracted working file, in WiiScrubber, just right-click and select "Replace." Choose the working dm03to04.sfd, and play the new game.

Hope this helps, as I noticed a lot of people are screwing with cIOS and different loaders and what-not with no luck, because that's not where the problem lies. And I hope someone can come to our aid with a working version of dm03to04.sfd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...