Metroid: Other M - fix for freezing after the tutorial

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rpotjtor, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rpotjtor
    OP

rpotjtor Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2009
    United States
    I finally figured out the problem that so many people are experiencing in Metroid: Other M. After the tutorial, the game freezes right when Samus says "plan." It's not a problem with cIOS or anything. It's a problem with the ISO (Wiitard Proper). The movie file is corrupt.

The file is called dm03to04.sfd. In WiiScrubber, it can be found in the DATA partition. DATA/movie/dm03to04.sfd

If anyone who has a working version can please extract this file from their ISO (in Wii Scrubber, right-click, "Extract") and upload it for those of us without a working version, it would be highly appreciated.

Those of us without a working version, when and if someone provides the extracted working file, in WiiScrubber, just right-click and select "Replace." Choose the working dm03to04.sfd, and play the new game.

Hope this helps, as I noticed a lot of people are screwing with cIOS and different loaders and what-not with no luck, because that's not where the problem lies. And I hope someone can come to our aid with a working version of dm03to04.sfd.

2. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice