Metroid Dread has been leaked online a few days prior to official release

hero.jpg

If waiting four more days until October 8th is too much for you to handle, and you need your Metroid fix now, it might be of interest to know that Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch has been dumped online. Both an XCI and NSP version of the game are floating about the internet, and it appears that Ryujinx Emulator can boot the game to some extent. According to the early leaked download, the game comes in at just a tick above 4GB. As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
"Don't even give me that shit, Sakaguchi. You're the one telling me to do my code compile on a fucking Athlon XP in 2021 for a goddamn Tegra tablet console. This is just as much your fault!"
"we wouldnt have a fucking tegra tablet console if you didnt jack off for 3 months instead of working on the fucking console like you were supposed to"

p1w1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I can't fucking believe it. This is where humanity has gone too far. Just what the fuck. The monkeys must regret their existence. No, The first form of life on earth must regret existence. What kind of fuckness have you wrote? God, it's funny but also sad. I can't fucking believe it. This is so fucking stupid it makes The Emoji Movie look like it was written by a fucking. genius...
Relax dude

Reactions: Subtle Demise

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time?

I appreciate the thought out post, but a leak is gaming news. The Temp isn't directly linking nor supporting piracy and related content.

Or people who are THAT against piracy to care that this post exist, can just go back to nintendolife where they belong. (Though your releases are appreciated)

I for one feel this post represents the heart and soul of Gbatemp and is at the very least very informative.

The game breaking street date and being dumped is of interest--not just an alert to tell people to go pirate that. GBAtemp as a site does not allow the linking of warez. It's notable when an important game is on the internet--for the sake of emulators already being able to run it, for as the above post said--spoilers, for many reasons. I do understand where you're coming from, though.
I get that, I just don't want anything to happen to this site, or to slowly move towards the piracy side. I'm not necessarily against piracy, but I am against theft, if people aren't willing to pay for a game, but willing to fully enjoy it, honestly it's not going to hurt a big company like Nintendo, but it will DESTROY a small company relying on sales like humble games or what yaht club used to be. THAT I'm against. Especially if you CAN purchase but choose not to. But that's not even why I commented, I guess I just don't want us to PROMOTE piracy, although I DO see how a major leak like that IS legit gaming news, and I respect the journalism there. I guess it's just very controversial, food for thought kind of report analysis. That's my 2 cents. Y'all have a good day. And to the pirates on this thread, at LEAST support local game stores and indie developers when you can, it goes a long way.

Reactions: Chary

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Chary Please can you and other editors not allow THIS kind of controversial news on here, I LOVE GBAtemp, buy merchandise, and sometimes release codes for games, but as piracy laws get more constricting, AND lots of users don't support piracy as well as anti piracy law enforcement, this kind of thing can make GBAtemp a target for attack from both sides. And although in am all for free information, something like this will be all over the net anyway, and we don't need to degrade the site to advertising PURE piracy (which this leak is exactly just that) thanks for the consideration, regardless of result of this post.
This was reported in Nintendolife as well:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...been-leaked-online-ahead-of-this-weeks-launch

I guess Nintendo will shutdown them too.

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
I know theres so many that are eager to get their hands on it but to leak it early?! i know people will put in online no matter what but you can understand frustration from companies like nintendo when they give the fans what they want only to be somewhat betrayed by leaking and pirate downloads. I think people are quick to forget their troubles before and a little bit after the switch was launched

Oh well.... it wont be long before we no longer have nice things lol

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So any reviews yet for the undecided?
Game is just plain slick, movement feels amazing. EMMIs are spooky af, as advertised. Graphics are really nice, there are some frame rate dips during cutscenes, but all the cutscenes so far are short and to the point. Otherwise, it's a 2.5D Metroid game, people should mostly know what to expect from them by now. Can't attest to the length of the game yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's 100% worth a purchase anyway.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is why we can't have nice things. Screw the leakers.

How does leaking a game prevent you from enjoying it?

Lol people can afford a 1200 dollar PC but can't afford to spend 300 on a Switch and use a Switch emulator :lol:
Also being lectured on piracy, yeah because its illegality has totally stopped people before, clearly.

Some people, a lot, buy a PC instead of a console. A powerful PC is that it can outperform something like the Switch and make the games more enjoyable.

I don't understand your logic.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is just plain slick, movement feels amazing. EMMIs are spooky af, as advertised. Graphics are really nice, there are some frame rate dips during cutscenes, but all the cutscenes so far are short and to the point. Otherwise, it's a 2.5D Metroid game, people should mostly know what to expect from them by now. Can't attest to the length of the game yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's 100% worth a purchase anyway.
I'm not getting any dips during cutscenes, they seem to be locked to 30fps for some reason.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know theres so many that are eager to get their hands on it but to leak it early?! i know people will put in online no matter what but you can understand frustration from companies like nintendo when they give the fans what they want only to be somewhat betrayed by leaking and pirate downloads. I think people are quick to forget their troubles before and a little bit after the switch was launched

Pirating games has been around since the 1980s and the games industry is bigger than ever now. I think everything will be fine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Please, melodramatic much? We wouldn't have gotten this game if Switch wasn't already considered a success by Nintendo. They're well on their way to 100 million consoles sold, and at most, 0.5% of those have been exploited. Every Nintendo system gets hacked pretty early on, every Nintendo system gets emulated pretty early on. It changes nothing about their release schedule.

I'm not getting any dips during cutscenes, they seem to be locked to 30fps for some reason.
Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I was thinking there are some very brief dips when the camera changes angles during cutscenes. Hardly a game-breaking problem even if true though.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker