Metroid Dread has been leaked online a few days prior to official release

hero.jpg

If waiting four more days until October 8th is too much for you to handle, and you need your Metroid fix now, it might be of interest to know that Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch has been dumped online. Both an XCI and NSP version of the game are floating about the internet, and it appears that Ryujinx Emulator can boot the game to some extent. According to the early leaked download, the game comes in at just a tick above 4GB. As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Meh, get the leaked copy and install it in your Switches if you have a pre-order coming.
Doesn't hurt anyone, and that way you keep a mint copy of the game saved up for when it skyrockets in price lol
I have mine, and get kill on the game only 1 minute after started it, its very nice to learn to fight!!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot more un-hacked Switches in the wild than hacked ones. Hopefully most people will purchase their copy to support more of these games being made in the future.
I would hope so... If the opposite were true, I'd genuinely be surprised.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will be completed within a few days then considering how small it is 😂
Yeah. The original Zelda: Twilight Princess for Gamecube was only 1.4GB. You could beat that ---- in 30 fricking minutes.

And don't let me get started with ALTP for the SNES, which you could beat at the 30 seconds mark. It was only 16MB after all.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah. The original Zelda: Twilight Princess for Gamecube was only 1.4GB. You could beat that ---- in 30 fricking minutes.

And don't let me get started with ALTP for the SNES, which you could beat at the 30 seconds mark. It was only 16MB after all.
Eh?
16MB? Where?

ALttP on SNES was only 1MB, and this is from someone that has hacked the game and knows a bit of its insides. Certain hacks expand it to 2MB.

The only Zelda title which was 16MB was Ancient Stone Tablets, and that's because it's 4 separate ROMs that were broadcast with Satellaview, being 4MB each ROM/week.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Eh?
16MB? Where?

ALttP on SNES was only 1MB, and this is from someone that has hacked the game and knows a bit of its insides. Certain hacks expand it to 2MB.

The only Zelda title which was 16MB was Ancient Stone Tablets, and that's because it's 4 separate ROMs that were broadcast with Satellaview, being 4MB each ROM/week.
I was being /s with the user I was answering to. A game doesn't lasts depending on its filesystem size.

If you check Zelda TP for Gamecube is 1.08GB when trimmed, not 1.4GB like I said. I didn't go check how much A Link to the Past weights, just remembered kind of what the GBA rom was, but then again, I will be wrong about it too it seems.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol people can afford a 1200 dollar PC but can't afford to spend 300 on a Switch and use a Switch emulator :lol:
Also being lectured on piracy, yeah because its illegality has totally stopped people before, clearly.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Lol people can afford a 1200 dollar PC but can't afford to spend 300 on a Switch and use a Switch emulator :lol:
Also being lectured on piracy, yeah because its illegality has totally stopped people before, clearly.
The only reason I have my Switch is because of my daughter. If she didn't have one, neither would I and I'd be emulating Switch games. :v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated