Metroid Dread has been leaked online a few days prior to official release

hero.jpg

If waiting four more days until October 8th is too much for you to handle, and you need your Metroid fix now, it might be of interest to know that Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch has been dumped online. Both an XCI and NSP version of the game are floating about the internet, and it appears that Ryujinx Emulator can boot the game to some extent. According to the early leaked download, the game comes in at just a tick above 4GB. As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, melodramatic much? We wouldn't have gotten this game if Switch wasn't already considered a success by Nintendo. They're well on their way to 100 million consoles sold, and at most, 0.5% of those have been exploited. Every Nintendo system gets hacked pretty early on, every Nintendo system gets emulated pretty early on. It changes nothing about their release schedule.

Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I was thinking there are some very brief dips when the camera changes angles during cutscenes. Hardly a game-breaking problem even if true though.
That might be just the shader compilation.

Reactions: Xzi

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for the guy leaking this. I can hear him getting the hammer soon from N, all the way from here..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright lets go. Link me all the spoilers.
You start off pretty powerful.
An incident causes the bad guys to take note, and you lose all your powers/abilities.

You go round getting your powers back, allowing access to different areas of the map. Defeating some mini bosses along the way with powers you just unlocked. Some mysteries about the nature of the game's universe are teased a bit but even if you have played all the others you will probably still have to enjoy a speculative lecture on what it all means.

Finally you beat the end boss, that is related to the main series big bads, and that is the game.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You start off pretty powerful.
An incident causes the bad guys to take note, and you lose all your powers/abilities.

You go round getting your powers back, allowing access to different areas of the map. Defeating some mini bosses along the way with powers you just unlocked. Some mysteries about the nature of the game's universe are teased a bit but even if you have played all the others you will probably still have to enjoy a speculative lecture on what it all means.

Finally you beat the end boss, that is related to the main series big bads, and that is the game.
Don’t forget. Something probably explodes. The end.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does leaking a game prevent you from enjoying it?

Some people, a lot, buy a PC instead of a console. A powerful PC is that it can outperform something like the Switch and make the games more enjoyable.

I don't understand your logic.

People are too cheap to buy a console and games but can spend four times the amount on a PC and not support developers. Leaking a game can have spoilers and people who post entire playthroughs online because they're conceited morons.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
People are too cheap to buy a console and games but can spend four times the amount on a PC and not support developers. Leaking a game can have spoilers and people who post entire playthroughs online because they're conceited morons.
Yes? Everyone have their reasons.
Just don't watch any Metroid and avoid it?

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first classic Metroid game since the GBA ones from the early 2000s....and it gets pirated 4 days before release. I bet there will even be some 100% playthroughs on Youtube before friday lol.

That people are willing to go to such extremes just so that they don't have to wait 4 days should really show Nintendo how starved for Metroid everyone is. This is almost a human rights issue.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be honest here, if you are worried about spoilers to anything before you yourself can enjoy it, its probably best to avoid the internet in its entirety until after you can enjoy it spoiler free.

Its virtually impossible to avoid spoilers otherwise. I mean hell I remember back in the Potter book release days when the later books got leaked and people took to spoiling it for everyone in the streets and online. Funny enough in this particular case with this game Nintendo took to spoiling some key aspects of the game's story and gameplay long before anyone else did which is funny in a paradoxical way.

As for my opinion on the leak? It was bound to happen. People will do what they want and how they want, but remember the amount of people pirating the game will be far fewer than the total amount of sales and adoptions from actual switch users. This really only ever changes if there is a delay or if the game is not going to be released in other areas for longer or at all (or if international versions are censored for some reason). The biggest players in the piracy game are typically ones that cannot get the game in their country yet or at all. In which case I can understand the motivation for it.

I swear, some people get stuck in their first world freedom based lives too much to realize there are others out there that might never get this game unless they go about it in non-legitimate ways. Perhaps try living in China or living through when East Germany was a thing and you can understand why piracy exists.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I feel bad for the guy leaking this. I can hear him getting the hammer soon from N, all the way from here..
If the person is not in the USA, why should worry?

This copyright obsession is not a thing in most places. Sure, it is illegal, but only a miracle would make a contravention like that reach court, and even if does, there will be no million dollars worth of fines or something.

Edit: If it came from USA or Japan, then probabilly guy is fucked if get discovered

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo