Metal Gear Survive - Open Beta starts today

download.jpeg

Remember that weird Metal Gear game that everyone decided to instantly hate because Hideo Kojima left Konami?[prebreak]1[/prebreak]
Well it's out next month, with a 15-20 hour campaign and seamless single/multiplayer action.
It also has every gamer's favourite thing; a microtransaction store!

Today you can try the open beta on PS4 and Xbox One. I'm downloading the 8GB file as we speak and will report back on the title later today.

:arrow:Metal Gear Survive Open Beta PS4 Store Link
:arrow:5 Things You Should Know Before Starting Metal Gear Survive
:arrow:Metal Gear Survive Official Site

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think i'll give a try, let's not judge so fast cauz it's made by fuckonami, remember that Kojima is not the only talented game creator in japan, there are a lot more people born before him :P

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont get the hate over online only, its done in lots of games nowadays, and microtransactions ill see what they are when i try the beta later on maybe

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not a fan of wave shooters like Left 4 Dead so the only things keeping me interested in this are finding out whatever they came up with for a story (yeah, yeah no Kojima I know) and how multiplayer Metal Gear battles will turn out. Peace Walker had that Monster Hunter vibe and I wonder if this could be similar, besides the whole protect the fortress thing.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I played an hour or two yesterday and it's like Fortnite but without any of the fun, charm or soul.
I expect it will tank at retail then maybe it'll go on psplus and we can all play it for free.

Reactions: DarthDub

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Played it last night thinking ill give konami the benefit of doubt after all they have produced fantastic games for years. Now the issues regardless of using the mgs title which they shouldnt have done for a fckin zombie game!!! the game is basically a 3rd person tower of defence type game with bad AI and also bad game play it litterally is a mobile game on a console really didnt enjoy it at all some interesting ideas with scaveging for things to craft ammo etc between rounds but it just doesnt work a shit under any other name would smell as bad this game will surely hammer the last nail in the mgs coffin!!!

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i gave it a try last night, my opinion dont waste your time, its bad, it is basically a defense game , i could only stomach 20 mins and that was a struggle, maybe its me but cant see this getting more than 5 out of 10 in current state at least, i know its a beta, but its trash.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a massive Metal Gear fan myself, I'm... not sure how to feel about this...

You mean the solid series or do you truly love the original 2 nes titles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I played an hour or two yesterday and it's like Fortnite but without any of the fun, charm or soul.
I expect it will tank at retail then maybe it'll go on psplus and we can all play it for free.

IGN has a great article about the beta. Konami really did gimp the beta to the point of it being pointless.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You mean the solid series or do you truly love the original 2 nes titles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IGN has a great article about the beta. Konami really did gimp the beta to the point of it being pointless.
Konami continues to disappoint. Shocker.

Reactions: chartube12

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well be a playstation plus only game if you NEED online to play it anyway. Is the kind of game that would be free to play but only if you had online, and people would probably more likely to get it if is free anyway. Gonna be hard to convince people to buy it intentionally and hope there is enough players to play with. :blink:

doublespaces

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Rising and Resident Evil + The Division + Metal Gear sounds and Command and Conquer base building....Hmmm. I like all those games, but I also like coco puffs and orange juice.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hated the idea of it because it seems stupid, I downloaded it, I tried it... and I actually really like it. Solid horde mode/survival experience, and I've been a fan since Metal Gear 1. Can recommend to all those on the fence about the title, the gameplay is solid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated