'Saleblazers', a multiplayer "shopkeeping survival game", to launch into Early Access this spring

saleblazers.jpg

Developer Airstrafe Interactive has announced that its upcoming multiplayer title Saleblazers will launch into Steam Early Access this Spring. The team also aired a brand-new video to accompany the announcement and provide a glimpse of the gameplay:

Stranded on a mysterious island, you’ll have to sell and fight for your life to escape! Venture across the island searching for resources, but beware of powerful enemies and bosses who may stand in your way. Wield almost anything as a weapon to confront the challenges ahead – research and craft something mighty to equip, or pick up a random object and start swinging!

Saleblazers Early Access features include:
  • Survive an Open World Sandbox: Explore handcrafted, reactive, open world island districts filled with rich lore and deadly enemies.
  • Build Your Dream Shop: Gather, craft, farm, fish, buy, or steal to stock your self-made shop! Construct and customize your store to lure the best customers and haggle for maximum profit.
  • Quest & Battle: Explore the handcrafted open world of Saleblazers. Complete quests and defeat bosses, experiencing the first acts of an ongoing narrative campaign as you work toward building a rocket ship to freedom.
  • Team Up with Friends Online: Build, quest, and explore together. Invade other players alone or with allies to peacefully trade for items - or attempt to steal their valuable resources for yourself!
Saleblazers will launch into Steam Early Access this spring and is available to wishlist.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even feel excited for these anymore. Not after Knockout City & Rumbleverse shut down. (And the admittedly funny failure of 4 Square Enix predatory live-service grindfests)

Why can't we get more games that have multiplayer instead of Multiplayer Games these days? Especially if they're not going to have a P2P fallback when the servers inevitably shut down or a Community Edition like Spellbreak or Knockout City are doing?

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really unique premise but live service means it most definitely has an expiration date. that being said i'm trying it out because i like that idea lol

Reactions: Phearoz

michaelduan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the founder of the studio: this is not a live service game haha! It's more like Raft or The Forest, which is exactly a SP game with MP functionality. I've also added support for local LAN (though I haven't tested it recently) so you shouldn't even need Steam.

It's my first time making a trailer like this so I probably sent the wrong message.

SavageNoble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm the founder of the studio: this is not a live service game haha! It's more like Raft or The Forest, which is exactly a SP game with MP functionality. I've also added support for local LAN (though I haven't tested it recently) so you shouldn't even need Steam.

It's my first time making a trailer like this so I probably sent the wrong message.

You literally say "multiplayer" everywhere in your copywriting.

Reactions: Kwyjor

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great concept, not sure about execution though, live services rarely get it right. And something like this doesn't feel like it will gather a large enough audience quick enough to be able to have a more tolerable form of live service.

Reactions: Phearoz

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even feel excited for these anymore.
Never mind "live service" – who is getting excited about early access games on Steam? Especially indie games?

I've got a backlog long enough to keep generations of descendants amused at this point; why would I want to spend my limited time on something that's not even finished yet and that might very well never be finished?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots