Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gallery_128734_403_42567.jpg

Tilt control and Photocamoflage aren't the only new feature's Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D is getting. According to a listing from Japan, the 3DS game will also be getting two more camera options and a crouch-walk option, something which wasn't in the original game. The new cameras are a first-person camera and an over-the-shoulder camera.
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D is set for a Q1 2012 release in the US.

icon11.gif
Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I guess Kojima really wants to prove that MGS 3D is a complete remake.

Please Kojima, don't disappoint.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I didn't get through that much of 3 and it's been ages, but weren't you able to sneak walk via the d-pad? I mean it looked like you were trying to avoid waking up a kitten or something by doing a smooth jazz walk past it, but you were sort of crouched and it did make no noise (in exchange for stamina drain).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes Sneak Walking was a feature on the PS2 version (Controls). And somehow i doubt that the First Person view is anything different to what was in the PS2 either.

And you didn't get through it!?!>! Travesty! Unbeliever! MGS3 is a fantastic game.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
The only true MGS was the first one. After that Kojima said that he didn't want to continue the story but Konami wanted money and so on.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's worth playing just for the enormous ladder and the boss fight with The End.

Also

After the success of the NES version of Metal Gear had in the Western market, especially in North America, where Metal Gear sold over a million copies, Konami comissioned the development of a sequel for the NES made specifically with the Western market in mind.
Hideo Kojima, who was not planning on making a sequel to Metal Gear due to the relatively low sales of the MSX2 version in Japan, was unaware of the development of the game until he ran into a member of the Snake's Revenge development staff during a train ride in Tokyo. The developer told Kojima, "Kojima-san, I worked on Snake's Revenge and I'm personally a big fan of your original game. I'd like to see a sequel to Metal Gear done by the real creator, Mr. Kojima." By the end of the train ride, Kojima had already developed the basic storyline for the entire game. The next day, he went to his boss at Konami with a game plan, and was given the go-ahead to make Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, then exclusively for the MSX2, which was released in 1990.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_2:_Solid_Snake

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Old news. I thought everyone knew that by looking at the lastest trailer.

Omg, the textures on that tree, yuck. :ha:

Hopefully Kojima will delay the game for graphical improvements. I can wait.

Try to look at that image in motion and scaled down. It won't look bad, I guess.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only true MGS was the first one. After that Kojima said that he didn't want to continue the story but Konami wanted money and so on.
As Rydian would say [citation needed]

No citation needed, this is complete bullshit.

First game? Meaning the one on the MSX, MSX2, or PS1? All of the Metal Gear games are truly Metal Gear games, even the Gameboy Color one (which is actually pretty good). I'm not a huge fan of the AC!D games, but still, all of the games in the series are, at the very least, decent.

---

I'll only be buying this if I have the extra money to. I already have the HD Collection haha.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to look at that image in motion and scaled down. It won't look bad, I guess.

Generally I find that only works on jaggies. DS games are a great example. You look at still images of, say, 358/2 Days (a good looking game for the system) and it looks shitty. Yet anyone whose played it in motion says it looks great, myself included (I have plenty of complaints for the game but the graphics are a positive aspect). Same goes for PSP and Wii games to a lesser degree.

Textures generally keep looking bad to me. I see a bad texture in an image and it looks just as bad in motion, outside of the fact that in motion you can just push it out of sight by moving the camera.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You talking about the NES title, right? Because the one for PSX certainly wasn't the first.

MGS = Metal Gear Solid, the series that branched off from the original Metal Gear (which came out first for the MSX2 anyway) and its sequel.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You talking about the NES title, right? Because the one for PSX certainly wasn't the first.

MGS = Metal Gear Solid, the series that branched off from the original Metal Gear (which came out first for the MSX2 anyway) and its sequel.
MGS is usually meant to symbolize the entire series where the storyline is consistent (starts with the first Metal Gear).

Doesn't matter though, because he's wrong, unless he provides the source and it is legitimate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls