Memory App

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by richard.brooksid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. richard.brooksid
    OP

richard.brooksid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Does anyone know of a home brew app or utility that will tell you how much memory is available in the DS, including any RAM from an option pak or other slot 2 device? I have the extended memory cartridge from the Opera NDS Browser and want to see if other apps can actually see/use it.

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Only way I know of is to use DSLinux and its "df" command.

3. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
  4. richard.brooksid
    OP

richard.brooksid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Thank you for the info.

@DanTheManMS - the main reason for my question is to know if I can install the DSLinux app or not. I don't think I have enough RAM to make it work but I wanted to know for sure.

@sprogurt - I will give that app a try. It seems I find new DS based websites every other day with new toys to play with - that one looks promising too.

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    If you have any form of slot-2 RAM, you've got enough. Even if you don't, there's a chance it will be able to at least boot up fine, at which point you can just type "df" and hit Enter and you'll be fine. I don't have a slot-1 device, so I don't know if it will boot up without slot-2 RAM or not. Alternatively, you could search around the DSLinux forums for the special version Sonny_Jim made that tries to maximize the amount of available RAM for slot-1 users.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice