Memory App

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by richard.brooksid, Jan 28, 2009.

Jan 28, 2009

Memory App by richard.brooksid at 6:01 PM (827 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. richard.brooksid
    OP

Newcomer richard.brooksid Member

United States
    Does anyone know of a home brew app or utility that will tell you how much memory is available in the DS, including any RAM from an option pak or other slot 2 device? I have the extended memory cartridge from the Opera NDS Browser and want to see if other apps can actually see/use it.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Only way I know of is to use DSLinux and its "df" command.

3. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  4. richard.brooksid
    OP

Newcomer richard.brooksid Member

United States
    Thank you for the info.

@DanTheManMS - the main reason for my question is to know if I can install the DSLinux app or not. I don't think I have enough RAM to make it work but I wanted to know for sure.

@sprogurt - I will give that app a try. It seems I find new DS based websites every other day with new toys to play with - that one looks promising too.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you have any form of slot-2 RAM, you've got enough. Even if you don't, there's a chance it will be able to at least boot up fine, at which point you can just type "df" and hit Enter and you'll be fine. I don't have a slot-1 device, so I don't know if it will boot up without slot-2 RAM or not. Alternatively, you could search around the DSLinux forums for the special version Sonny_Jim made that tries to maximize the amount of available RAM for slot-1 users.