Homebrew Memory App

richard.brooksid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a home brew app or utility that will tell you how much memory is available in the DS, including any RAM from an option pak or other slot 2 device? I have the extended memory cartridge from the Opera NDS Browser and want to see if other apps can actually see/use it.

richard.brooksid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the info.

@DanTheManMS - the main reason for my question is to know if I can install the DSLinux app or not. I don't think I have enough RAM to make it work but I wanted to know for sure.

@sprogurt - I will give that app a try. It seems I find new DS based websites every other day with new toys to play with - that one looks promising too.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have any form of slot-2 RAM, you've got enough. Even if you don't, there's a chance it will be able to at least boot up fine, at which point you can just type "df" and hit Enter and you'll be fine. I don't have a slot-1 device, so I don't know if it will boot up without slot-2 RAM or not. Alternatively, you could search around the DSLinux forums for the special version Sonny_Jim made that tries to maximize the amount of available RAM for slot-1 users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Briefcase 69 did I win