WIP melonDS for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Hydr8gon, Sep 17, 2018.

1. RisingHopperZeroOne

RisingHopperZeroOne Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    Australia
    @catlover007 just reporting that shin megami tensei strange journey black screens when you try to save the game.

2. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Applet mode limits the amount of ram you can use on a homebrew, launching homebrew via applet mode literally means to access the homebrew browser using the album, to not use applet mode, you launch a switch game while holding R, or use a nsp forwarder for melonDS.

FanNintendo likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I thought about this so many times but now I ordered one. :P
    Didn't want to go the route with the free 3d printing alternatives.

FanNintendo likes this.
  4. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Is there a way to map the right joystick to the touchscreen? I couldn't see anywhere, either in the standalone app or the RA core.

5. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the info i thought i was in danger with red letters duh lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

same me been hold on for 3 months til i shut up my mind and order it get over with it lol my should be in on friday or monday

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Mine might take longer (shipping to Germany) but thinking about it it's totally worth it.
    Not only DS emulation but also FB Alpha emulation benefits from it a lot (many vertical rail shooters that are fantastic!) and at least there are many native Switch games too.
    (and that image is even pretty old)

FanNintendo likes this.
  7. Shawnm355

Shawnm355 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    Canada
    well i must say i am verry impressed by this but have a few observations. (i refuse to call them complaints cause this is a free softwhere)

when trying to press the triangle butten to hide some menus, it just produces a black screen even when in a game.

second is i cant figure out if theres a wat to change controles, so if there there some help would be nice and if not would be nice if we could change that. cause i like zl as l a zr as r when i play.

besides that its sooo cool thanks for posting it.

8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Cannot find the original post but that’s a really cool idea what a neat add on I like that!

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 16, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  9. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
    This is great...Someone should consider porting this over as a core for retroarch @m4xw

10. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
  12. redcat2401

redcat2401 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    Australia
    Okay, so I was using melonds for the past 2 days, and it was working fine, i was 2 hours into pokemon platinum, and the nro stopped working (think corrupted?) and all my roms + saves deleted... I'm using exfat, is that an issue from melonds or exfat?

small edit, can also confirm, melonds was the only thing affected, all my games are fine, other nro's still working, only melonds.

Last edited by redcat2401, Oct 17, 2019
  13. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    France
    its exfat, when using homebrew stuff you should stick to fat32
    basically exfat implementation by nintendo is dirty, and outside of official nintendo processes it tend to not write the data properly and corrupt stuff

14. redcat2401

redcat2401 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    Australia
    Damn, there goes my save, might swap to fat32 tbh.

15. Shawnm355

Shawnm355 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    Canada
    its worth the switch. when i upgraded to a 256 card i kept corrupting all my games whenever i would open them, then i made the change and its all better now

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

16. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Ahh shit. I got to a part in Bowsers Inside Story where I need to use the DS mic.. :P Cant get past it. Any chance for some customisable button binds? @catlover007 :P

EDIT: go around it.. Transferred .sav to PC got past the mic part on PC MelonDS then transferred back to Switch, bit of a pain but doable :)

Last edited by ploggy, Oct 17, 2019
    wicksand420 likes this.
  17. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Good thinking bro

ploggy likes this.
  18. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    My order Flip Grip has arrive in! Introuding .... 20191017_145120. 20191017_145128. 20191017_151443.

19. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    @ploggy did you get out of bowser yet? I was wondering if it would do the same thing the WiiU did.

20. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm not out of Bowser yet but I haven't had any random crashes or anything, so far its perfect. (apart from the mic :P )

@FanNintendo looking good :) make sure to set the screen gap to 128px when ingame, it looks bad wrong with the screens pushed together like that ;)

Last edited by ploggy, Oct 17, 2019
    FanNintendo and wicksand420 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted