Homebrew WIP melonDS for Switch

D

Deleted User

I have all files well placed (it seem) and experiencing the white screen and lag of death.
It is possible that the bios is not the good one (they have region?). I don't know much about DS emulation. Using drastics for years ^^
I tried games like Mario Kart and Castlevania.

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart DS
OC (1785) - 60 FPS
OC (15xx) - below 60 FPS and sound stuttering.

Look like ARM64JIT need more room for improvements.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure all the files in the melonds folder are .bin filetype

bios7.bin
bios9.bin
romlist.bin
firmware.bin

Thanks, didn't properly rename the files to bins.

I have all files well placed (it seem) and experiencing the white screen and lag of death.
It is possible that the bios is not the good one (they have region?). I don't know much about DS emulation. Using drastics for years ^^
I tried games like Mario Kart and Castlevania.

Had the same issue, make sure your bios are bins.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to map my joycons but i can't even use them in the settings screen, help?
The ui can only be controlled with the Switch's touchscreen, joycons/pro controller doesn't control the ui yet.
--------------
Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story works perfectly :)

Doogerino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the JIT alpha, i can't seem to save progress on any roms, and i also can't seem to boot into Pokemon White, as it freezes on the opening frame. on white 2, it says it's unable to create save data. i've looked all through this thread and the thread for it on reddit and can't find a solution, has anybody else run into this problem yet?

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on the JIT alpha, i can't seem to save progress on any roms, and i also can't seem to boot into Pokemon White, as it freezes on the opening frame. on white 2, it says it's unable to create save data. i've looked all through this thread and the thread for it on reddit and can't find a solution, has anybody else run into this problem yet?
I can't reproduce not saving in Pokemon. Do you have anti piracy patches? Melonds is accurate enough that those usually do more harm than good (I think this even applies to recent desmume versions).

EDIT: btw I'm currently trying to fix Dragon Quest 9

Last edited by catlover007,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I noticed was if you are playing a game, and go into sleep mode on the switch (pressing the power button) the sound gets laggy

Doogerino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't reproduce not saving in Pokemon. Do you have anti piracy patches? Melonds is accurate enough that those usually do more harm than good (I think this even applies to recent desmume versions).

EDIT: btw I'm currently trying to fix Dragon Quest 9
no patches or anything like that, at least not to the best of my knowledge. to specify, with pokemon platinum, i can save, but it doesn't seem to actually create a file anywhere, as rebooting the emulator or resetting the game from inside the emulator will give me the same first time opening for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.