Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MediCat v20.06 is now released!

It comes with the Ventoy 1.0.12 update and supports .WIM file booting, which I find to be a little quicker on my USB 3.0 drive and also saves a fair amount of disk space. The changelog is in the download links on page 1! I've fixed a few issues that people brought to my attention, and some of the BIOS-only bootable files have been rebuilt to boot from 64-bit UEFI! (Malwarebytes Bootable being one of them! :wink:) The Main Menu now supports a native 1920x1080 wallpaper, as does the new Malwarebytes Bootable and Mini Windows 10. I rebuild Malwarebytes nearly from scratch, so it is now on a 64-bit image and UEFI bootable for current machines. The virus definitions are also updatable and persistent, once you're online with it. There's many other changes, but you should really check out the chagelog for the full list!

Main Menu.png

Mini Win 0 Desktop.png

PortableApps Menu.png

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hi everyone! sorry about this question but... i just realize that the bin file in 20.05.01 version have 33.5GB of free space when i mount the bin file.
why is that? can it be change to have that "free space available but maintaining all the iso and programs or is there a very good reason to leave as it is?! thanks a lot

ps: downloading the new version 20.06

Last edited by joaopais,

faerdale

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello !
I encounter a problem.
After creating the Medicat, dropping my ISOS in it and booting in UEFI, when I boot on the Official Windows 10 2004 ISO for installation, they ask me for a missing driver.
Do you know how to solve this ?
Thank you for your works ! :)

Last edited by faerdale,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you considered adding the torrent as a magnet link on the drives also? it would make it easier to download when the data quota is exceeded.

Great release btw.
No problem, I made some new download buttons, and added the magnet link to the front page!
And unless ventoy releases an update that boots .img files, I'm taking a break on this for a bit. I'm just taking advantage of the free unlimited bandwidth my ISP has given me until the end of the month. :wub:

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: BuxB

UtOpiK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Jayro,

Thanks for the update.
Could we have a full changelog (or old changelog in a separate folder) ?

For example, to know change from 20.05 to 20.05.01, ect...
I often write some article about your tools and need more information to explain what are the change about old version of medicat.

Thanks again for all and take care of you :)

Reactions: BuxB

GordoPickens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Color me confused. Whenever I hit the Magnet Link button or for that matter any of the buttons, I start a slideshow. Flash is allowed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Color me confused. Whenever I hit the Magnet Link button or for that matter any of the buttons, I start a slideshow. Flash is allowed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

The links seem to be broken. Point to the thumbsize instead of download link

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's really weird, GBATemp won't let me fix links to pictures anymore..? They should probably fix that. Anyway, I'm added a workaround, so the links should be fixed for now.
Fixed. When you want to assign a link to an image, use the full sized image, not the thumbnail version. ;)

Reactions: BuxB and Jayro

BuxB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Jayro can you please do a little favor:

- on your hard disk, duplicate your Medicat folder
- remove every freeware .iso or alike which everybody could download themselves and just put into the appropriate spot as is/ without modification
- 7zip that folder up with max. compression

How many GB do you get?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro can you please do a little favor:

- on your hard disk, duplicate your Medicat folder
- remove every freeware .iso or alike which everybody could download themselves and just put into the appropriate spot as is/ without modification
- 7zip that folder up with max. compression

How many GB do you get?
I'm not home right now to test this, but what are you getting at?

EgyptianRaptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DiskGenius
Thanks for the hint and yes DiskGenius looks awesome but for the hell of me it can't resize the first partition since the EFI partition is directly behind it.
I tried to create a new partition exactly 32.0 MBs at the end of the drive the cloned the EFI drive on it. Then I deleted the original EFI and all went smooth.
Now I am stuck on resizing the primary partition and it errors out as the following. "some free clusters are marked as used in $bitmap. Cluster number: 2"

I tested this 128 GBs USB flash several times and it has no errors and I do not understand the meaning of this error.

I do have a 64 GBs USB 3 Flash but I wanted to do it on my spare 128 GBs better since my personal Portable Apps folders is around 70+ GBs on its own and I do need to add a couple of my own Images (Also testing with KON-Boot )
Sure hope any advise and cheers all. :)

Captn138

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I ran into a strange problem.
I just downloaded the files using the magnet link on the drive. I just checked the 3 different hashes for every downloaded archive part and each of them is right. When I try tu extract the binary file, I get an error saying that archive part 001 is corrupted. Can someone help me with this?

If you wish to contact me you can add me on discord: Captn138#0505 but tell me here so I will accept you

This is what it looks like with 7-zip and WinRar
upload_2020-6-10_0-20-25.png

upload_2020-6-10_0-21-51.png

winrar error is in french. Litteral translation is: "Control sum error in ...\medicat.20.06.bin. The file is corrupted"

EDIT: I performed my actions with antivirus disabled

Last edited by Captn138,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D