Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many thanks..if confirmed then off i go purchasing that game..haven't played that yet anyway on my WiiU so it's a win-win..
Currently dumping Starfox Zero, though I don't know where within the files to look for the update and how to determine what firmware it actually updates to. But once it's dumped I'll just search through and see if I can figure it out.

Reactions: oldsk00l

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply Mathew! I do agree that some people don't deserve to have their hands on the IOSU hack. However, there are many people who really appreciate your hard work and all the developers who contributed to this project. Different people will thank you in many ways, as for me, I would be willing to donate a sum of money to all the developers who put this project together, and the money can be split based on the amount of work done by each developer. If you provide a donation link, I'm sure positive people (like me), would happilly donate to you. I'm not talented in your field of practice, but I do understand the hard work poured in to this project. A personal thank you to all the devs who helped with this staggering project.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just a question... what about the users that are in 5.2.0?
https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/655782468688199680
They should update their consoles too?
This question wasn't really answered so I figured I'd chime in quickly. This was back when ioctlvhax was publicised - a simple(ish) IOSU exploit patched in 5.2.0. At the time, it was the only publicly documented IOSU exploit but was never actually made into an executable ready for a release. Now we have stuff like uhshax that (apparently) works on 5.5.1 it's unlikely to be used for much. What I'm getting at is that tweet is quite old (by Wii U standards anyway) so you can safely ignore it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Antonio Ricardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For what?

Before this turns into a shitfest...

I updated my profile pictures. I didn't tweet anything.

Also, to clear things up, I am not working on "IOSU" anymore. But before you take that as me lying to everyone, I was only involved up until those videos that were shared by NWPlayer123 and TiniVi.

Other people are doing it now. Anything that is released will not be by me.

All I did was recommended people update because something is coming, and had doubts about anything being backported. I did not promise any release date, nor do I know it.

Honestly, after seeing what some of you said about Hykem recently, I don't think a good amount of you deserve anything. Be glad that isn't my call to make.

I think you could say this only if release is NEAR, NEAR, NEAR to be released to avoid shitfest but i understand what you said. What people understand: everything is ready to be released.
What is real: need more time to be released. People are tired to listen this over and over again and reaction is NORMAL, you cant got upset because this.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently dumping Starfox Zero, though I don't know where within the files to look for the update and how to determine what firmware it actually updates to. But once it's dumped I'll just search through and see if I can figure it out.
How do you dump the game?
If it was using DDD, I thought it can only dump files that loaded to memory and I don't think that the update folder is included (or is it? Need to check some loadiine ready games from the net and see if they have the update folder)

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think you could say this only if release is NEAR, NEAR, NEAR to be released to avoid shitfest but i understand what you said. What people understand: everything is ready to be released.
What is real: need more time to be released. People are tired to listen this over and over again and reaction is NORMAL, you cant got upset because this.
Yeah, people are allowed to be upset. He and others are not fine with the sheer amount of people that bandwagoned the hate for Hykem that, honestly, should have been enough mental distress that would have made him kill himself if he wasn't as strong as he is.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For what?

Also, to clear things up, I am not working on "IOSU" anymore. But before you take that as me lying to everyone, I was only involved up until those videos that were shared by NWPlayer123 and TiniVi.

All I did was recommended people update because something is coming, and had doubts about anything being backported. I did not promise any release date, nor do I know it.

Honestly, after seeing what some of you said about Hykem recently, I don't think a good amount of you deserve anything. Be glad that isn't my call to make.

You are a goddamn hero alright?

No need to be thight hacker spying and meme speculation now is a meme. To each own's to find it funny or not but at least it is not malicious, just shitposting funnily.

A lot of active forum members with high activity may get overly zealous and vindictive over hackers promising and delivering - of course there is the VERY slight angle on hacker's parts to best leave situation to valve time and make everyone else understand that you stole one of those cool clocks from valve while you get your shit ready. Of course it is important in cases like this where you just called to get us (like me) staying on 5.3.1 to get up in case stuff happen. I believe it does, just matter of time. Of course the shitposters are worse people in this case but give them no ammo at all and they have no ammo.

Lastly: Most active shitposters may seem like it but I would believe that most of us end users who are waiting for the news from hacking groups are just silent observers. We really have nothing else to say but "cool and good luck, hoping to see something sooner than later!" - We are thankful but personally I can sit, wait, and do something else with my life meanwhile. I am excited for the prospect, thankful for everyone working on Wii U, and mostly am gracious to understand any backsets you people might have, so I stay silent and not bombard your twitters, or the forums or whatever with shitposting about when's release why no update etc. Most of us get it, even the 16 year olds probably.

Personally; From me: Big thanks to your work on IOSU. Thanks for putting the time you did. I hope everything overall goes well with your future endeavors!

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, people are allowed to be upset. He and others are not fine with the sheer amount of people that bandwagoned the hate for Hykem that, honestly, should have been enough mental distress that would have made him kill himself if he wasn't as strong as he is.
Leave it to certain individuals to cause internet homodrama.
Maybe it's just Nintendo creating a bunch of alternate accounts to stir up enough shit to get stuff cancelled. It at least works better than any 'security' they have applied so far, considering most developers actually get butthurt as fuck extremely easily.

Last edited by DarkKaine,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what?

This is why I remarked that user's should wait for other devs to chime in. It is like all the crap that happens when Gateway announce a update is near. Look at examples of Hykem and Just Pingo, it is better to keep info on the hush until a release is actually ready. Users expect things when info is released and are impatient when it comes to being baited or waiting. Hate to be a sourpuss but how many ISOU threads get created without any definitive proof of anything.

Last edited by stl25,

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what?

I can absolutely understand why you say most of us dont deserve it, but most people who support this kinda stuff usually dont post anything. Its just the "Shitposters" That can absolutely wreck stuff. Not insulting anyone, btw

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what?

Honestly Hykem dealt with things pretty badly and communities of people with this much passion tend to have volatile reactions, and that's very well known, it doesn't mean the community are all bad people who deserve a cake to be baked in front of them then taken away. (I don't have terribly good analogies for things, I'm not a fisherman). But that also doesn't really warrant your reaction either, I understand you're frustrated with how people reacted and how they continue to behave.

But really, it's all pure passion, it's just poorly directed and causes a lot of confusion and anger. It's all a big unfortunate mess.

as extra clarification for new readers or confused readers:

Matthew_Wi is in no way associated with team salt, and is in no way associated with the release of their IOSU exploit.

They haven't given an update/time schedule that you can expect it to be released, and it's only speculated that it will be released "soon™".

Everybody is getting restless and frustrated but we all need to have chill.
(semi-related, not related video)

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly Hykem dealt with things pretty badly and communities of people with this much passion tend to have volatile reactions, and that's very well known, it doesn't mean the community are all bad people who deserve a cake to be baked in front of them then taken away. (I don't have terribly good analogies for things, I'm not a fisherman). But that also doesn't really warrant your reaction either, I understand you're frustrated with how people reacted and how they continue to behave.

But really, it's all pure passion, it's just poorly directed and causes a lot of confusion and anger. It's all a big unfortunate mess.

Anyone that has been in or following this scene for any length of time knows how people will react at hints of IOSU coming "soon". It happens every time, then they act shocked by the way people respond. Tensions are high from people seeing something as close to coming out, then being snatched away by stuff out of their control, and that frustration builds up over time. At this point I have a hard time getting sympathy for people that start the cycle all over again, then act like its a big shock people got mad.

To put it into a more simple analogy, don't poke a bee hive then wonder why the bees would be upset at you doing so.

The best thing to do is say nothing until it is out, or right before and a release is certain.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree guys you just encourage DEVs and wish them good luck and forget about the IOSU exploit until it gets released. Personally I have little interest because I've already played every game I liked in my Wii U (also because some games like kirby and SM3DW remind me of moments with my ex girlfriend so I prefer not to touch that Wii U again...)

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that has been in or following this scene for any length of time knows how people will react at hints of IOSU coming "soon". It happens every time, then they act shocked by the way people respond. Tensions are high from people seeing something as close to coming out, then being snatched away by stuff out of their control, and that frustration builds up over time. At this point I have a hard time getting sympathy for people that start the cycle all over again, then act like its a big shock people got mad.

To put it into a more simple analogy, don't poke a bee hive then wonder why the bees would be upset at you doing so.

The best thing to do is say nothing until it is out, or right before and a release is certain.

I agree completely. It would be best if the dev(s) who are making the project make announcements after thorough testing and a release is near. If there is no plan for a release state that in the annoucement. So often word of a project leaks out and there is no clarification done by the dev to verify or squash the status of the project. Most devs here are pretty good at this while others stay silent and we get conflicting info from sources that are not the dev. Release or not ISOU has been a pain in the ass on these forums.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry what? Are we already in a world where people kill themselves over hate their e-identity might get?
Cyberbulling or something.

Seriously though, if someone's having a hard time IRL and then they go online only to see someone trashing their online identity, it can have a huge affect on them.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People really need to go outside sometimes to get some perspective.

Our default attitude should be to not expect the IOSU exploit, and be appreciative when we do. The word 'entitlement' gets thrown around too much and really overstates the point, but people really need to lower their expectations to what we already have, and then embrace any new exploits that happen to appear.

It's not particularly important if X person is a part of Y group working on Z project. The basic dynamic remains the same - if the get the exploit, great. If we don't, keep hoping it appears eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: