Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Somebody here said that he was going trough similar stuff as Hykem, I think they got put under pressure or something. Although I do remember some drama happening with Pingo about a 3DS downgrader or something.
Very little similarity between their situations, aside from the delays. Hykem didn't deserve the hate, while he didn't release anything he still contributed a lot to the scene.
JustPingo needlessly overhyped his "safe" downgrader. At first he claimed he was going to exploit SNShax, when he realized it was too much for someone who can't actually code he decided to wait for memchunk2. In the meantime he decided to create his own .tpp format which were just .rar archives with headers, now that's fine and all but some of these weren't labeled properly (9.2 actually being 9.0 files and shit like that) and there were stories of guaranteed bricks using these files floating around.
There was no reason for this to take this long to develop and it shouldn't have received any hype either, the downgrader was out and stable already, JustPingo just wanted his hype train to go full throttle, which is why he called his downgrader "safe" at first instead of "noob proof".

tl;dr Hykem actually did important shit, JustPingo was JustHype.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very little similarity between their situations, aside from the delays. Hykem didn't deserve the hate, while he didn't release anything he still contributed a lot to the scene.
JustPingo needlessly overhyped his "safe" downgrader. At first he claimed he was going to exploit SNShax, when he realized it was too much for someone who can't actually code he decided to wait for memchunk2. In the meantime he decided to create his own .tpp format which were just .rar archives with headers, now that's fine and all but some of these weren't labeled properly (9.2 actually being 9.0 files and shit like that) and there were stories of guaranteed bricks using these files floating around.
There was no reason for this to take this long to develop and it shouldn't have received any hype either, the downgrader was out and stable already, JustPingo just wanted his hype train to go full throttle, which is why he called his downgrader "safe" at first instead of "noob proof".

tl;dr Hykem actually did important shit, JustPingo was JustHype.
Thanks both of you for the clarification. Yeah I remember the JustPingo drama now, I knew his "safe" downgrader was a bunch of BS anyways so I just used sysupdater and it worked 100% fine.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have plenty of tickets!!!

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_ns9qyfdaYv1tytsbv_540.jpg
    tumblr_inline_ns9qyfdaYv1tytsbv_540.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 318
D

Deleted-355425

Right, right...that's because no one has problems, everyone is happy and we all live in paradise because that's what we want so it definetly goes that way. No point in further discussing the matter with you.

Thats your problem then.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how life works? you make it work how ever you wish.
So (for example) it's my fault I have depression?

Also what has this thread turned into? Do we really have nothing better to do with our lives than to flood a thread based on a tweet made by someone now marginally involved in a release with wild speculation and/or shitposts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1