Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin-d6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been lurking for some time on these forums i've been reading and reading and reading.
And most of the people are saying UPDATE !
So F it i'm going to be a sheep and follow the other sheep hope it was a right choice if not :cry:
(it's even the first time i posted an reply to a thread and maybe the last :P)
(wait i have posted a reply some time ago soo yea this is my second time replying to something XD)

Last edited by benjamin-d6,
Reactions: Kafluke

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm sorry but there is no "might not" about this. It WILL update without your concent. Again this has been discussed and documented on here for months now. Many users have proven this to be true.

Personally I was on 5.3.2 and I went out of town with my family. I didn't have any blocking enabled. When I got home I was on 5.4.0 so I guess Mr Ghost accepted the install prompt for me while I was away?
Did you have Standby Functions enabled?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sorry but there is no "might not" about this. It WILL update without your concent. Again this has been discussed and documented on here for months now. Many users have proven this to be true.

Personally I was on 5.3.2 and I went out of town with my family. I didn't have any blocking enabled. When I got home I was on 5.4.0 so I guess Mr Ghost accepted the install prompt for me while I was away?

i know it will install the updates with or without your consent if without any barrier on your internet settings, i only said that to really convince the other guy that even if he thinks that it might not update (which in reality it does as documented and based on experience by many members here) it is better to follow yours and the rest of the community to block future updates to just be on the safe side which i personally did after updating to 5.5.1, i immediately did everything as advised here..

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you guys stop bullshitting about what's false and what's true? :)

If you don't have Tubehax but you disabled standby, your Wii U WILL NEVER update unless you click on OK when it asks you to do so.

If standby is turned ON, you're fucked.[emoji14]

LOL.. still, i'm paranoid so i did all the necessary precautions, fact or not.. end of the day, what am i gonna lose anyway but a lot to gain later on..

Reactions: RealityNinja

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you guys stop bullshitting about what's false and what's true? :)

If you don't have Tubehax but you disabled standby, your Wii U WILL NEVER update unless you click on OK when it asks you to do so.

If standby is turned ON, you're fucked.[emoji14]
Without standby mode, when the wii u is powered up, it will checks the server for an update, and download it automatically if there is a new one. And on the next boot, it will install it (if you don't want, the only possibility is to turn off the wii u).

edit: ... But do what you want. You will see with the 5.5.2 or 5.6.0 update... :rofl:

Last edited by RealityNinja,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Without standby mode, when the wii u is powered up, it will checks the server for an update, and download it automatically if there is a new one. And on the next boot, it will install it (if you don't want, you have to turn off the wii u).
So when you turn it on, it goes to the installation screen without even asking?

Reactions: Deleted User

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Without standby mode, when the wii u is powered up, it will checks the server for an update, and download it automatically if there is a new one. And on the next boot, it will install it (if you don't want, you have to turn off the wii u).

edit: ... But do what you want. You will see with the 5.5.2 or 5.6.0 update... :rofl:
Exactly what I said, it'll ask you to click on OK.[emoji14]

Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, it'll say "Your Wii U will now Update" with a big OK button.
If you don't want it to update, you'll have to unplugg your Wii U.
The next time you boot does the "Your Wii U will now Update" still appear on the screen?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, every 2/3 times you boot your Wii U.
i see.. you got a choice then to update or not but that would annoy the hell out of me if i see that message every other day when i turn the WiiU on and i might accidentaly tap on "Ok" , imagine if that happens..i mean no one is perfect you know..oh well..

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
i see.. you got a choice then to update or not but that would annoy the hell out of me if i see that message every other day when i turn the WiiU on and i might accidentaly tap on "Ok" , imagine if that happens..i mean no one is perfect you know..oh well..
There's a homebrew app to remove that. ;)

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any news on when the IOSU exploit will release? (I just got my Wii U and installed the HBL on it, along with Loadline GX2 and Smash)
Would love to play online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la