Mario Party: Top 100 releases today for US. Opinions?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Brian117, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey guys, Mario Party Top 100 (Currently released on that iso site) comes out today for North America and was curious what everybody thinks off the game based off the previews and your own personal thoughts if you've already played it by the time of reading this. I got hyped about it at first but realized this isn't going to be the standard Mario Party we all know and love. This seems to be mainly focused on minigames only with no classic boards and collecting stars etc. A lot of people misconstrued that Nintendo's description of the minigame mode "Minigame Match" would be the classic board-esque gameplay but further examination proves that to be false. In the newest trailer Nintendo released for the game it previews what Minigame Match is and it does show players hitting a dice, and moving around a board, but all at once. The board looks nothing like the classic. So this game is going to be a no-go for me. Still going to download it to see what it's like, but ever since Hudson merged with Konami, the Mario Party series have been trash. Anyways here's the newest trailer for those who have not seen it yet.

Last edited by Brian117, Nov 11, 2017
    GamingAori likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Least is not Action 52 :ninja:

zoogie likes this.
  3. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Here's another fake compliment: I'm sure it will be the best minigame collection game on the 3ds :P

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You telling me this will have better mini games than super mario 64 DS does? :creep:

zoogie likes this.
  5. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Is this online?

6. Kazalber

Kazalber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Guatemala
    I've been waiting for it to be available online and no one seems to care enough about it to put it out. :ph34r:

7. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    As in online play? No. As with all Mario Party games, it's been strictly just Download Play. It's never had online capabilities.

Same here. Been checking since the 7th thinking somebody would leak it early. It's still not uploaded as of this post. Few more days maybe?

8. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Its out on iso site.

Brian117 likes this.
  9. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Orly? Forgot to check there. Thanks!

10. Kazalber

Kazalber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Guatemala
    It was posted about an hour ago :D Now I'm happy.

Brian117 likes this.
  11. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Acquiring it now. I already know it's going to be a letdown but meh.

12. growlbunny

growlbunny Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2017
    United States
    Eh, I liked Star Rush. I wonder if this'll have the same feel to it.

13. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    It's not mario party without the boards.

Kazalber likes this.
  14. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Played a round of 20 turns in the Minigame Match mode and I can tell you it doesn't. This doesn't have any Mario Party feel whatsoever. If you want a game that compiles past Mario Party games into one, this is for you. Don't expect any sort of playable gameplay other than a very poorly executed attempt at a board-like game style.

Agreed. And Nintendo dropped the ball again with this one. Baffles me why it's so hard for Nintendo and other developers to make a proper Mario Party as seen in MP 1, 2 and 3. If Hudson owned the right to the board style gameplay, why can't Nintendo just buy the rights from Konami if they don't plan on using it and create their own Mario Party game. Surely Nintendo has to have some of the rights. Or if the rights expired when Hudson went bankrupt then anybody should be free to use them, no? Who knows. Very saddened at this game because it would've been awesome nostalgia if they had done it right with classic boards along with the compiled mini games from all the series.

15. growlbunny

growlbunny Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2017
    United States
    Welp, my $40 is here to stay.

16. nemopsp

nemopsp Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    United States
    I have it installed it's okay. Tho it should have been named Mario Party MiniGames: The Top 100. It just mainly celebrates the mini games and it's not really Mario Party. There a few board games, but it's not all there. The board game falls short for a Mario Party game an just mainly focuses on playing the Mini Games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    I want to play it, but it seems it's all about minigames, and really no other focus, which is quite sad

18. growlbunny

growlbunny Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2017
    United States
    Also, there was a span of 371 days in between Star Rush and Top 100. Isn't that a little soon?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted