Gaming Mario Party: Top 100 releases today for US. Opinions?

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, Mario Party Top 100 (Currently released on that iso site) comes out today for North America and was curious what everybody thinks off the game based off the previews and your own personal thoughts if you've already played it by the time of reading this. I got hyped about it at first but realized this isn't going to be the standard Mario Party we all know and love. This seems to be mainly focused on minigames only with no classic boards and collecting stars etc. A lot of people misconstrued that Nintendo's description of the minigame mode "Minigame Match" would be the classic board-esque gameplay but further examination proves that to be false. In the newest trailer Nintendo released for the game it previews what Minigame Match is and it does show players hitting a dice, and moving around a board, but all at once. The board looks nothing like the classic. So this game is going to be a no-go for me. Still going to download it to see what it's like, but ever since Hudson merged with Konami, the Mario Party series have been trash. Anyways here's the newest trailer for those who have not seen it yet.

Last edited by Brian117,
Reactions: GamingAori

Kazalber

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I've been waiting for it to be available online and no one seems to care enough about it to put it out. :ph34r:

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this online?

As in online play? No. As with all Mario Party games, it's been strictly just Download Play. It's never had online capabilities.

I've been waiting for it to be available online and no one seems to care enough about it to put it out. :ph34r:

Same here. Been checking since the 7th thinking somebody would leak it early. It's still not uploaded as of this post. Few more days maybe?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
As in online play? No. As with all Mario Party games, it's been strictly just Download Play. It's never had online capabilities.

Same here. Been checking since the 7th thinking somebody would leak it early. It's still not uploaded as of this post. Few more days maybe?
Its out on iso site.

Reactions: Brian117

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I liked Star Rush. I wonder if this'll have the same feel to it.

Played a round of 20 turns in the Minigame Match mode and I can tell you it doesn't. This doesn't have any Mario Party feel whatsoever. If you want a game that compiles past Mario Party games into one, this is for you. Don't expect any sort of playable gameplay other than a very poorly executed attempt at a board-like game style.

It's not mario party without the boards.

Agreed. And Nintendo dropped the ball again with this one. Baffles me why it's so hard for Nintendo and other developers to make a proper Mario Party as seen in MP 1, 2 and 3. If Hudson owned the right to the board style gameplay, why can't Nintendo just buy the rights from Konami if they don't plan on using it and create their own Mario Party game. Surely Nintendo has to have some of the rights. Or if the rights expired when Hudson went bankrupt then anybody should be free to use them, no? Who knows. Very saddened at this game because it would've been awesome nostalgia if they had done it right with classic boards along with the compiled mini games from all the series.

D

Deleted User

Played a round of 20 turns in the Minigame Match mode and I can tell you it doesn't. This doesn't have any Mario Party feel whatsoever. If you want a game that compiles past Mario Party games into one, this is for you. Don't expect any sort of playable gameplay other than a very poorly executed attempt at a board-like game style.
Welp, my $40 is here to stay.

nemopsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it installed it's okay. Tho it should have been named Mario Party MiniGames: The Top 100. It just mainly celebrates the mini games and it's not really Mario Party. There a few board games, but it's not all there. The board game falls short for a Mario Party game an just mainly focuses on playing the Mini Games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to play it, but it seems it's all about minigames, and really no other focus, which is quite sad

D

Deleted User

Also, there was a span of 371 days in between Star Rush and Top 100. Isn't that a little soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands